What wee your favorite school lunches when you were younger? Least favorite?

What wee your favorite school lunches when you were younger? Least favorite?

Best at my school was pic related. The chicken fried steak was good too because we got mashed potatoes and a biscuit. Usually all the sides we got sucked but those were top tier. Another good one was what they called "Crazy Chicken Wrap", which was just chicken fingers in a tortilla with lettuce, ranch, and honey mustard.

The worst is definitely that shitty rectangle pizza.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Chicken rings + buttery mashed potatoes, or chicken fingers + buttery mashed potatoes. My school also had a free salad bar that had delicious croutons

pizza fridays were the best in elementary school

Footlong hotdogs were cool, chicken sucked

Mini corndogs were dope. The mini hamburgers that came in a sweaty plastic sleeve tasted like microwaved ass

I actually liked the shitty salads they use to give, I was one of the few who ate them so I always asked for everyone else's. I remember using the buttermilk ranch packets when I had them

>The worst is definitely that shitty rectangle pizza.
Agree with you there. Glad I'm not the only one, everyone else seems to have loved that cardboard shit they called pizza.

I didn't really like any of them though. Mashed potatoes and gravy were the best side, and I guess the more traditional fare like country fried steak was probably the best or rather the least offensive.

>tfw school had a dedicated line for chili cheese fries/nachos
Feels good man. Other than that, the salads and wraps were usually pretty good. Chicken sandwich and Smuckers PB&J were always a nice fallback. Everything else ranged from decent to meh. There wasn't really anything terrible that I remember.

Food fairs were the best shit though, clubs brought shit from fast food places and such and upcharged a bit. Chinese food, Crazy Bread, In n Out, shit was fucking cash. You had to be that kid and run to the fucking stalls to get the good shit though.

best tier:
>white rice, beef stew
>rice with beans
(when it's prepared in the same pot we call it "arroz con" and it's usually yellow, when it's white rice and separate beans or meats we call it "arroz y")
>rice with vienna sausages, beans
ok tier:
>white rice, beans, chicken
>ravioli, export sodas
>rice with chicken
>white rice, chickpeas
shit tier:
>white rice, corned beef
>fish
>"hot dogs"
>"spaghetti"

+chocolate milk, fruits and canned vegetables or salad

based puerto rican comedores

We had a dedicated line for burritos, which were really fucking amazing but the line would fill up fast

>tfw school is a giant L-shaped building
>Cafeteria is at top of L, had PE before lunch
>Gymnasium was at entire other end
>Get tired of waiting half the lunch period for a burrito
>Me and a few friends just start cutting the last like 2 minutes in the locker room and start sprinting through the parking lot to the main doors right by the Cafeteria
>our faces when served before the bell even rings

>Favorite
Tuna cassarole or chicken and noodles
>Least favorite
Never was a fan of the burritos

Our High School was the best. We had 6 different lines
>"Fast Food"
Cheeseburgers, Chicken sandwiches, tendies, and fries
>Pizza
Cheese, Pepperoni, and Sausage, cost $.50 extra
>Salad Bar
Never really had good dressings :(
>Sandwiches
Submarine sandwiches that were REALLY good, cost $.50 extra
>Regular hot meal
Was always my favorite. We had excellent food at our school. Only few meals I wouldn't get, like burritos, ham and cheese sandwich (don't like ham), hot dogs, or the lasagna.
>"Ethnic"
Was never really ethic, just western dishes like tacos or fajitas, or sometimes some sort of "italian" dish. Got that when the regular meals were shit. If both were shit, I'd get a burger.

We also had a choice of gatorade ($.50 extra), flavored water ($.50 extra) chocolate or white milk, or orange juice

Pic related, the lunch menu in our community! It says elementary, but this also applies to middle school and high school (regular meal).

My school would occasionally get pizza from a local place called pizza cottage. Shit was great. Greasy asf pepperoni pizza though.

Favorite lunch was the chicken sandwich once a month. My least favorite was the sloppy joes.

My old highschool would used to have these whole wheat rolls that were so delicious, especially when you mop of all the gravy of whatever they served that day and eat it like that. I've tried to recreate it to no avail, can't make it as soft and tasty.

high school was connected to a vocational tech program and the culinary arts students cooked most of the food made for lunch
fried chicken strips and the salads were god tier
fresh personal pizzas were good too and the subs were just ok
everything else i had no good or bad opinion on

it was a farcry better than middle school. that was by far the worst
>cardboard pizza 3 times a week
>firecracker sandwich I.E some deli sliced turkey dipped in hot sauce with an unmelted slice of american cheese on a wheat roll
>pasta bar aka canned cheese slop or canned tomato sauce over some mushy macaroni
>other awful shit
best thing we had in middle school was what the lunch ladies affectionately named the "super sampler" which was 3 nuggets, 2 mozzarella sticks, and a bread stick with cheese toasted on it

Must have been nice getting decent school lunches. My school was trash.
>Salad Bar with brown lettuce and meat squares that all tasted like salt
>Snack bar that served chips, soft pretzels, cookies, and ice cream bars
>PBJ with bread that was completely stale since no one ever bought it
>Two choices for hot meal
>Chicken every Wednesday, Pizza every friday

Anyways
Fucking Elder God I wish I had it right now Tier
>Amish Chicken and Waffles
>Nachos Grande

Pretty Great Tier:
>Pizza "boat" (French bread pizza)
>Veal Parm Sandwich
>Hot Turkey/Hot Ham Sandwich

Ok Tier:
>All Chicken Nugget Types
>Pizza Square
>Chicken cheesesteak (Everyone but me hated it)
>Grilled Cheese & Soup

Fucking Shit Tier:
>Cheese Dunkers (Cheesy bread) with completely seperated marinara sauce
>Pizza slice
>"""""""""""""""""""""cheeseburgers"""""""""""""""""""""
>Everything else

I spent so many lunches eating a large soft pretzel, a pack of cookies and an iced tea its no wonder I got so fucking fat

In every single year of school 1-12 chicken nuggets were always a big deal on Wednesday. Stepped up to double portions for extra money like a lot of people did in high school.

Popcorn chicken was also good, popcorn shrimp.
Walking tacos in junior high were huge.
Those fake mcrib sandwhiches that were actually better than mcribs.

Also in junior high they served these greasy as fuck shoestring fries every day. Of course pizza was always an option every goddamned day but that was too pleb for me.
Pasta bar and you either got marinara, meat, or alfredo.

Chicken sandwiches. Mini corndogs. Cheese filled breadsticks a lot of kids went crazy for but I only got them once in a while just because of the fuckin concept of it.

I don't remember many other standouts. Lunch was always the only part of the day I liked about school for 12 years, and no I'm not fat.
Fuck school and fuck kids, I hated my whole fucking 17 years of fucking schooling, it wasn't cool enough.

if you live in America you did not have veal for lunch sorry

that's not how it works

They weren't true veal I don't think. Its been like 8 years since I had one but they kind of had the consistency of these.

Probably not true veal, but for whatever reason they were satisfying as fuck

poorfag detected
bet you didn't even have filet mignon fridays in ur shithole of a town

motherfucking taco bar with 2-3 heaping plates of protein and cheese sauce. thankfully my coach was an asshole and we sprinted most of practice. also double nuggets and honey mustard sauce.

looking back i ate a vulgar amount of food as a teenager.

lol nerd

The crustless pb&j's were the least offensive

youtube.com/watch?v=s1X2b0kq9EE&feature=share

I can't eat pizza with those mini pepperoni bits on it because of that awful square pizza. Makes me want to gag.

What do they even feed kids now in school?

I regret never eating the chicken fried steak and thinking it was "icky".

I remember in high school I once tried to drink a gallon of chocolate milk but by pint. That was awful. I also remember eating 36 cheese sticks.

>roast pork

Fucking intolerant racist school.

Everything was mediocre to bad, although they stir up positive nostalgic feelings (i.e. hexagonal "Mexican Pizzas" aka "Fiestadas")

Only one thing was actually good at my school: chicken noodle soup they actually made from scratch in the kitchen once a month, served with oven baked grilled cheese sandwiches.

>free salad bar

did anyone eat it?

Elementary school had stuffed crust pizza that was pretty amazing. I also loved the breakfast pizza. I don't remember a least favorite, but I remember liking weird shit. Dipping steak fingers in jello, that kind of shit.

Middle School had two lines. One was a a tossup of "real" food. Chicken and noodles, spaghetti, sometimes mexican food, Chinese. Other line served fries every day, plus your choice of a hot dog, burger, grilled cheese, chicken sandwich.

Highschool was the best. We had 9 different lines I think. Pretty similar to One line was pizza, one was fries or tots plus a sandwich (ham and cheese, chicken sandwich, burger, or popcorn chicken, sometimes corndogs too). Next line was always chicken tendies, mashed potatoes and gravy, and roll, plus a veggie. Usually carrots or green beans. Next line was a la carte - chips, cookies, candy, ice cream, nachos, etc. Unhealthy shit. Next was an ethnic food line. Most people never ate there, including me. Then they had a soup or sandwich line that got served with chips. I think the next two lines were just repeats of the tendies line and the burger line. We also had soda fountains, but they only had lemonade, powerade, tea and maybe something else. Pretty good stuff.

I never ate school lunch because my parents loved me.

This. Mommy made my lunches with real food, not the corn syrup laced cardboard prison food they serve in schools

I got sent to school with lunchables every day in elementary school because dad is a fat fuck and mom is a hungry skeleton, so neither knew how to eat properly.

middle school was when i adopted my new diet. eating once or twice a day. this was because i refused to eat lunchables anymore, school was from 9-2 (so i could eat breakfast and then dinner when i got home) and I lived down the street from school so my parents didnt feel bad about sending me to school with no food.

in high school I ate pizza every day. we had a cafeteria with some random bullshit (chicken tendies, salads, and burgers with nothing on them) but only the stupid lazy kids bought that. the smart ones like myself would go down the street to the pizza place that sold $2 slices.

I remember my lunches in middle school being the best as far as school food was concerned. The school had some sort of contract with a local farmers market or something of that sort, so the workers actually got to use fresh veggies and fruit. And I remember that every Friday they would make up some mini Stromboli from scratch but that only lasted a year due to the cost of it.

Best: Based fries with nacho cheese sauce on them in junior high

Worst: French boat pizzas in elementary school

Everyone raved about these shitty pizza type items, but they were fucking garbage

Also, good thread OP. It would be better if we posted our country so we could gauge who gets better lunches

>t. American reporting in (as if the nacho cheese sauce on top of fries wasn't a dead fucking giveaway anyways)

God, I can still strongly smell the horrible smell of that thing. Was it the cheese or some kind of seasoning that made it smell that way? Gag.