Thoughts on this? The first 50 pages are surely astounding

Thoughts on this? The first 50 pages are surely astounding.

I like the cover photo

Quite boring. The least interesting of the canon post-modernist doorstoppers I've read.
I found White Noise by the same author more enjoyable.

jesus christ, what caused the sudden influx of redditors?

Oddly enough, the only two sections of the book I've read have been in alternate publications (Pafko at the wall and The Angel Esmeralda) and apparently those are the two best parts of the novel. They are however fantastic

I had no idea this opinion was common on reddit.

Some dumb faggot posted a Veeky Forums chart on Reddit.
And, of course, Redditors feel the need to speak. Probably compulsory from spending so much time scrambling for le upboats

he's referring to the fact that that opinion is bad

I started it reading on a lonely bus on my way home the day I bought it. The tungsten lights and the shadows over the book while I was reading it really set a good mood for it. It's sad that it will never get me the same way it did that night. I putted it down half way hoping I'll pick it up after what I'm done with other stuff.
Which part corresponds to The Angel Esmeralda?

>Let's pretend we weren't part of the Reddit wave

Veeky Forums has tripled in size since that event so odds are most people posting are from Reddit

How's that? Fight me.

I came from /mu/ around the same time as the Reddit influx. too many fucking memes.
I've also noted quite a few tumblrites lately. tumblr buzzwords stick out more than anything around here

I thought there was an invisible wall protecting us from the rest of the internet.

toyota celica

I came from newgrounds in 2004. I'm the real definition of a newfag

>there's an invisible barrier protecting our little niche of webspace from outsiders
>the discussions here are shrouded by the utmost secrecy from the rest of the internet world and what lies here is never seen anywhere ever
>people from all over the globe gather here to fellowship together
>CORNCOB TORTILLAS CORNCOB TORTILLAS CORNCOB TORTILLAS

yeah there's a barrier, it's called shitposting. keeps any sane person out

It's the book that has influenced the way i think and see the world the most, and it probably influenced my writing too, in a lot of ways. It speaks honestly to me, more so than I do myself. I remember feeling like i was having an inner monologue, reading it, but with clearer vision and more honesty. It stayed with me for a long time after finishing it and I think I still retain that "new" perspective.

reddit can fuck off back to their safe space and circle jerk over murakami or coelho.

that site has nothing valuable to contribute to the marketplace of ideas.

Also it's astounding how one man can have such a clear focus on his contemporary culture and people. I was continually shocked at the level of insight and empathy throughout this book and the rest of his work.

but murakami is good

Apparently later in the book. Nuns visit a ghetto where they paint angels on the side of a brick face to represent children that died