Has anyone here had luck with self publishing erotic ebooks?

Has anyone here had luck with self publishing erotic ebooks?

Some self-piblished erotic books appear to do very well. Particularly on the amazon kindle website. No experience with it myself, just observations.

There's some guy on Amazon who writes books like "Buttfucked by My Gay Tyrannosaurus Rex Boss" and "Turned Gay by My Hugo Award Trophy on Stage" and shit, he has like 100 of them.

sounds like the work of chuck tingle

How much does it cost to have someone make you a cover like that? Really, I'd do it if I had the cash for a cover, because that seems like the only part that actually needs to have effort put into it.

I think they're just stock photos, and they're probably stolen at that.
Just use old erotic woodcuts or something; it's classy.

Yes! Thank you!

Are they really? They still seem like they're stylized or something somehow. Photoshopped at the very least, and I can't shop for shit. I can probably just put text over a stock photo in mspaint but I don't know if that'd sell.

>Wordsworth Erotica

Erotic literature should be illegal.

Women should also not be allowed to drive, vote or wear anything outside her husband's bedroom other than a burka

Insha'Allah.

From his Amazon profile:

>Hugo Award nominee Dr. Chuck Tingle is an erotic author and Tae Kwon Do grandmaster (almost black belt) from Billings, Montana. After receiving his PhD at DeVry University in holistic massage, Chuck found himself fascinated by all things sensual, leading to his creation of the "tingler", a story so blissfully erotic that it cannot be experienced without eliciting a sharp tingle down the spine.

>Chuck's hobbies include backpacking, checkers and sport.

Was he really nominated for a Hugo? I heard there were a bunch of joke nominations but I don't follow genreshit so I never looked into it much.

You tell me.

is that a Pynchon reference? Is Chuck Tingle the hero we need?

No but this blatantly is. Though he's just some shitposter rather than a hero.

I was just about to make a thread asking a related question.

What's your personal fav erotica novel? I bought Fanny Hill some years ago and began to read, enjoyed it but somehow I lost the book.

At first I thought of Will, then I remembered

The more niche the fetish you're writing for is, the more successful it will be, to a point obviously.

not really desu my buddy wrote insane clown posse erotica and it did worse than my very very general gentle femdom book.

we had a Veeky Forums group last year to write erotica and give 5-stars reviews between each other to sell more
it didn't last long though, Veeky Forums is a fairly lonely board aside of occasional posters (and I have become one of them since march or so), we couldn't get the thing going with just five or six people

I regret the fact that I will never read Rasputin Intergalactic Housewives Orgy, a piece intended for the purpose described above

Link or it isn't real.

I found it on Amazon. Here's the description:

>Jeff just can’t seem to catch a break. Once a working professional at the top of his game, a string of bad luck has sent Jeff to the gutter, literally, where he struggles to survive as a homeless man on Venice Beach.

>Things go from bad to worse when Jeff is caught stealing a carnitas taco, and is promptly chased down by the Unicorn Butt Cops, a new branch of government that specializes in hot, gay, anal poundings on inline skates.

>The sentence is for a hardcore, double anal threesome, but little do these unicorn cops know that Jeff is an expert in all things gay and anal, leading to a twist ending that’s sure to blow your mind!

>This erotic tale is 4,300 words of sizzling human on unicorn action, including anal, double anal, threesomes, blowjobs, rough sex, and hardcore Unicorn Butt Cop punishment.

Depends on your definition of luck. I've just about made 50% of my Cover Design fees. Not too shabs.

How much were your cover design fees?

I paid 50$ for the cover. The artist was a friend of mine who'd just lost his job.

Although, come to think of it, I haven't really made anything because you need to hit a baseline sales number on Amazon before they cut you a check. I want to say it's around 90$.