Is kikkoman the sojasauce to buy or is there a comparable/better for a reasonable price

Is kikkoman the sojasauce to buy or is there a comparable/better for a reasonable price.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0
thekitchn.com/the-difference-between-tamari-and-soy-sauce-ingredient-intelligence-174139
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Soy sauce with wheat is shit tier.

And which isnt made with wheat?

Yes, but be aware it's the strongest tasting, if you're gonna use a lot of it in a recipe rather than as a condiment consider light soy sauce.

>Gluten free memes detected, ignore

I could literally drink a bottle of that stuff. God I love kikkoman. I think my kidneys are going to shut down soon.

moron doesnt know anything about soysauce

It's good for making Japanese food, not strong enough for Chinese cuisine

I grew up in an Asian household and Kikkoman was definitely the soy sauce to buy and use. I buy it in the liter jugs and refill my glass bottle.

Somewhat this

When picking out different ones check if they label it as strong or light. Kikkoman is more on the light side. The stronger ones are (sometimes?) thicker but they pack quite a punch and can completely change the taste of your dish.
For example I never add salt if I'm using soy sauce, dunno if that's obvious or not

Correct. I like San J low sodium gluten free. A lot of restaurants like to cook with low sodium so you get more soy and less salt.

Lee Kum Kee is superior.

Pearl River and Amoy are alright too. Also many many others.

Their salad sauces are awesome.

I'm not sure if they label it as strong, but there're light and dark soy sauces.

>Why do I only taste good in foil packets?

Is there a point to add preservatives to soy sauces in the frist place?

Look for tamari style soy sauce.

The worst soy sauce I've ever tasted.

That stuff taste awful though

No fuck this Chinese shit

Tastes like salt water

youtube.com/watch?v=Wz-mJed_bP0

Kikkiman is fucking god-tier, most other stuff is either too thick or too sweet.

This you can either cook with it or use as a condiment.

>kikkoman's soy sauce
>not Soy Sauce no Kikkoman!!!
ara ara~

is gud

I had sushi at Sukiyabashi Jiro with a client a few years ago and he always encouraged us to try without any soy sauce first. We had slices of pickled ginger as palate cleansers and the soy sauce seemed unnecessary in all honesty

what does this have to do with the thread

Demonstrating that soy sauce is completely unnecessary in proper Japanese cuisine and is a Western meme.
These are the same idiots who think egg belongs in ramen.

> (You)
>soy sauce is completely unnecessary in proper Japanese cuisine

??? more like soysauce is fucking indispensable in Japanese cuisine
japanese food is always just dashi soy sauce and sake/mirin in different ratios

soy sauce as a condiment is a literal white person meme

Get the Japanese label Kikkoman that uses alcohol as a preservative

Go back to your animu, weeb.

did you mean to say 'soy sauce is unnecessary when it comes to sushi specifically'

I don't know. He said it isn't necessary in Japanese food.
I didn't really question this at the time (I wasn't actually that interested in all honesty).
I'm looking for some of the photo's I took, I'll post them if I find them.

good deflection

fuck off retard

>8888
>Quads confirm weeaboo.
Go and fuck yourself you nip loving shitcunt.

Kikkoman is so good.

But its blatenly obvious there's a fucktonne of msg in it,and its not on the ingredients list.
How can they get away with that?

Have nothing against msg btw

soy sauce is naturally full of glutamates retard

>eating soy sauce
lol enjoy your man boobs

I like this stuff.

Organic shoyu is brewed with soybeans and wheat resulting in a more aromatic sauce perfect for dipping or as a table condiment. It is naturally brewed for up to six months. We do not add MSG or artificial preservatives. Certified by USDA organic and quality assurance international (QAI).

thekitchn.com/the-difference-between-tamari-and-soy-sauce-ingredient-intelligence-174139

>we

Report the shill.

For cooking I prefer the Chinese soy sauce since I find it saltier and more flavorful, while the Japanese ones works better for dipping sauce/mixed with raw egg and rice for quick breakfast.

>not using jap, gook or chink soy sauce depending on the dish

why is this board filled with nothin but plebs?

Dumbass

This is the supreme stuff right here. The household soy sauce for Viets.

Rude!

Yes.
Kikkoman because the way its produced, has long life time.

Cheaper soy sauce by using the Acid-hydrolyzed vegetable protein process, has shorter shelf life, and degrades more.
But its not a problem for single use packages.

My father is 69 years old. He only eats hamburgers, pizza, chicken nuggets - a typical teenager's diet. The most exotic thing he's ever consume was a taco from Taco Bell - and he had to be talked into it.

One time, I was eating some Chinese take out from Loung Hing (Detroit area) and brought out the Kikkoman. He looked at me like I was a mad scientist creating some world ending destructive formula.

I genuinely feel bad for people who've never explored the food world. And I'm certainly not implying that Kikkoman is some culinary feat. But it is to the sheltered.

Yamasa is equally good as kikkoman imo.

I use pic related as well for rich meat dishes. It doesn't taste as strong, but it's sweet and adds a nice dark color.

nice ad, very subtle