I know it probably gets asked a lot, and you're probably tired of hearing it by now, but PLEASE...

I know it probably gets asked a lot, and you're probably tired of hearing it by now, but PLEASE, I want to know more like The Book of Disquiet. I just love the writing style, the writing just has so much complexity and depth. I know you're probably thinking "hah pleb, that's not complexy or depthy" good! Let me know something better! I beg of thee!!! I already plan on ordering his poems too.

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/905084.The_Collected_Poems_of_Alberto_Caeiro
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is asking for Book of Disquiet recs a new meme or something

somebody posts this exact shit every single day

this is maybe the second or third time I've posted this thread, but no one's given me a real response yet. I buy a lot of books, so your responses aren't for naught.

Cioran is the closest, I think. Notes from Underground too, although that one is so obligatory I cannot imagine anyone has to even recommend it.

Some people like that Jap book, 'No longer human' or something; I don't, but it could be described as similar by its proponents

Dazai is /r9k/-core like Pessoa

Plus he's Japanese so your fat weeaboo ass can jack off over how great he is before you even crack the book open

I own all of these books lol.

I'm a skinny ass gay vegetarian, guy. Probably taller than you too.

I read him in Portuguese, so you may need to look for specific translations, or learn one of world's most beautiful languages. So, if not specially depressed and sorrowful, Poesia Completa de Alberto Caeiro should be your next pick.
But, t b h, you must read him in his original form to truly reach the levels of sublime that you thrive for, meu caro.

Ah, considerate of you, and I'm sure that's a good logical step forward, but hell no I'm not gonna just learn Portuguese.

bump

going to bed, please still leave a response or 10 or whatever.

Borges

Jesus. The worst part about this pic is that now, if I ever fall off a cruise ship, my last thought will be of some fucking ehow article telling me to "think about the good times".

bump

Read his poetry. A little larger Than the entire universe seems to be a good selection. Same translator as book of disquiet

Read his poetry

If you own No longer human and Notes from the underground FUCKING READ THEM. (Allthough No longer human is not even close to Pessoa tbqh)

Also Cioran.
And read The Ficciones by Borges. The prose and dreamlike atmosphere are reminiscemt of Pessoa, allthough he's not so depressed.

Before asking us AGAIN check the depressioncore chart.

bump

Not even depressing like him, but that really abstract, sort of personal writing about thoughts sort of thing, which can get so poetic. I really like his writing style, I wish that I could find something else that has that sort of writing style.

bump

Can you stop bumping this fucking shit? There are three Pessoa topics on the front page and I've had to read this shit each day for a week.

Saged.

um, there were topics about it earlier this week? link please. I made this thread and those other guys are probably copying me to try to be funny.

goodreads.com/book/show/905084.The_Collected_Poems_of_Alberto_Caeiro

Not as dark as Disquiet, but I really love Alberto Caeiros character.