Are there any books with the same themes as Gurren Lagann?

Are there any books with the same themes as Gurren Lagann?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VIiX4TL2_vg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>expects everyone to share his interest in random-ass anime
and what themes would those be, user?

ordinary sf for teenage boys
heinlein for instance

the most literary anime genre it's probably slice of life i.e. anime about everyday life with little to no plot, at least it doesn't fall into genre fiction like the rest of it

random

>Gurren Lagann
>Random-ass anime
No nigga.
Putting that aside, it focuses on human evolution and asks the question of what happens if humans progress too far and what will happen if we let that power go unchecked.

are you talking about the themes of boobs and cool sunglasses because that's all I got from the show when I watched it tbH

Are there any books with the same theme as Serial Experiments Lain?

Neuromancer. In the sense that technology and the internet has fundamentally changed the way we interact with people.

I'm not sure what the theme of SEL were asides from that.

>anime

If it's this, then The Time Machine by HG Wells seems about right

Maybe The Invention of Morel? It's not an exact match.

who are you quoting?

Yeah this or Call of the wild.
You would need a good background in philosophy to understand The Time Machine but you can start with the Germans and read Call of the Wild from there as you only need a basic knowlege of Nietzsche to understand it.
So yeah read Twilight of the idols then the Gay science followed by the Geneology of Morality then read call of the Wild. Some of it will definetely still go over your head though

Gurren-Lagann is a comedic parody show that features phallic images and bombastic displays of masculinity, you tard.

How the fuck can you watch that shit and even be a 'fan' and yet not even understand the most obvious in-your-face aspects of your hobby?? Are you clinically autistic?

>Gurren-Lagann is a comedic parody show that features phallic images and bombastic displays of masculinity, you tard.
Pretty much. Its just a case of bigger-bigger-bigger.
If you looked too deep you might think its about human evolution but thats really just a plot device

The Time Machine isn't that hard to read. It's like Verne: good for kids and adults
If it's this, it's probably Hemmingway, and I can't help you.

/jp/

Ttgl is a Hegelian critique of transhumanism with a very apparent accelerationism bias.

Your missing the forest for the trees so badly you must think Christmas is really about the colors red and green.

Go spend your autism bucks on a toaster

>Ttgl is a Hegelian
Stopped reading.
Its a giant robot show. True patricians watch sol

Petite bourgeois garbage.

Sign of a decadent soul.

If it's this, then it's probably The Creator by Mynona

>soul
Nice meme, did you come up with that yourself?

>bourgeois
>soul
>decadent

This has to be one of the shittiest things that I've read here. It's like you're just trying to shoehorn in books that you've read as some sort of self justification.

>it focuses on human evolution and asks the question of what happens if humans progress too far and what will happen if we let that power go unchecked
No it does not. These themes are presented very sketchy, and only to build the plot around. The theme of Gurren Lagann, the one it really excels at, is dealing with one's fear, succumbing to it or overcoming it. Which is illustrated through literally every major character in the show.

thanks random user for having a rational perspective on a general ill perceived medium of entertainment.

>on a general ill perceived medium of entertainment
The problem is, it's not a very artsy medium, and I've seen quite a lot of anime. It has more of an artistic value than video games, in general, but that's about it. Most anime is more or less on par with YA fiction in that regard.

youtu.be/VIiX4TL2_vg

Musashi.