Just got hired here. Out of all the entry level food service jobs, how is this place?

Just got hired here. Out of all the entry level food service jobs, how is this place?

The benefits and pay are pretty good.

I would say it depends on what the area is like around the location

Beats other fast food places,just make sure you have thick skin or you'll quit within a month

Last I heard they give you medical even if you're a part-time employee. Of course you'll have to deal with picky shits and their million variations of coffee orders.

I was a partner for a year when I was in university. Out of all my entry level jobs, it was honestly the best. Extremely easy to pick up/drop shifts, flexible schedules (though I'm sure this differs by store), free pound of coffee beans a weak + all the free drinks you want during work, free food + drinks to take home if you're a closer, decent pay + tips. Making drinks is a blast, too. It's easy to pick up girls as a barista.

My BIGGEST complaint (and the reason I quit) is that drivethrough at my store fucking sucked, though I'm sure that could be different for you. You have to constantly hand out drinks, answer orders, punch in things on a screen while people talk too quickly, and also get your own food orders. Additionally, the coffee oils made my clothes smell like shit and gave me acne.

That's about all, I guess. Good luck user. Expect to wash dishes and be a bitch for about a month while you memorize the menu and abbreviations for cups, though.

Meow

show cleavage and watch your tips soar

Do

Did they help you pay for college, or is that just a meme?

Also, did you just eventually get used to the coffee being super burned, or did you just go with it because it was free?

>Starbucks didn't announce what the new starting-pay rate will be, or how much baristas and shift supervisors can expect to make. However, according to PayScale's Research Center, baristas at Starbucks typically make between $7.63 and $10.63 per hour, and shift managers take home an average of $9.12 to $13.44.

>Has a job in customer serivce, gets bitchy when people ask for what they want

>I was a partner for a year ...Out of all my entry level jobs, it was honestly the best.

Jesus Christ my sides, they sure as shit can't make coffee but they can sure as shit market to people who are both over- and under-educated at the same time.

>Being this retarded

I make 8.20 and will be making 9-10. The median is usually $9/hr

You could wipe better more cum-back off your chins.

It's still very poor, given that most of the servers are typical mid-to-late college cage.

thats shit, I pump gas and make 10.20 an hour and really dont do shit and average 20 bucks tips a night

they pay for some online bs uni like ASU or something if I recall

Still better than fucking McDonald's

It's awesome if your store is slow and not a drive through

That feel when afraid to go here because it seems like the hipster place. I just go to mcdonalds and get theirs

i worked there for 7 years. it's an ok job, especially if you're in college. decent pay, good benefits, free shit, no drug tests, you can't really complain. but it's a dead end job, don't get distracted by how easy it is.

>Starbucks
>hipster

You're going to be dealing with some shitty customers in the morning and after 3 PM, when they're at that point where they just don't give a fuck and hate everything. I know that's normal for almost every job out there but holy fuck I've had the worst at Starbucks.

Custom orders are fine but you'll want to knock a bitch out once in a while for the most tedious dumb drink you've ever had to make.

Good benefits though.

And yeah this is pretty accurate. I feel sorry for my former managers who still think they can move into the corporate side of things. It's a little sad when I go in to get coffee years later and realize I've finished school and they're still holding onto empty hope.

Meme?

Jerseyfag, pls.

>no drug tests

did you wake and bake before your shift or something, degenerate?

Good pay bump

Thats hazard pay since you risk getting stabbed by niggers and jersey shore fuckos

My sister worked at one. She said it was an OK gig but her coworkers were little shits who always tried to weasel out of stuff and a lot of the customers are complete douchebags and morons. Also she said that she didn't learn much about coffee there, but she did get to take home a lot of free shit.

You at least get tips, which makes it better than McDonald's.

Also just got hired here.

>after tips making about 12/hr
>pretty chill job
>get to eat and drink whatever we want
>not difficult really
>we don't even clean our own bathrooms, a janitor comes and does it

>some customers order ridiculous shit
>ten thousand drinks on menu to memorize
>poor management, always out of stock of this or that
>backroom is small and crowded, grabbing stock can be dangerous

Apparently we have an understanding with some regulars. We don't charge them for drinks, they leave us good tips. I mean whatever I'm down. The store waste is ridiculous so a few drinks "missing" isn't even a drop in the bucket. Probably 60% of the food/drink gets wasted.

Protip: everything is some combination of milk, coffee/espresso, and sugar. Caloriebombs. And a machiatto is just an upside down latte with caramel drizzle, latte and cappucino are nearly the same shit, etc. Bunch of fancy names for shit but basically all espresso with milk.

Yeah. Some of our coworkers don't clean or take out the trash, they're lazy pieces of shit and shirk every responsibility. But hell it's a kid job so it's expected. The two fat bitches who are lazy shitbags always make themselves giant fluffy coffees with tons of syrup and drizzle and are both fat, so I'm pretty smug about it.