Why are electric vehicles not a thing yet? Is it the batteries?

Why are electric vehicles not a thing yet? Is it the batteries?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Oil is extremely cheap now.

Because Muh Ecology :^)

Because most people won't be able to charge them, and installing tons of charging stations in parking lots isn't something businesses are going to spend money on.

batteries are really expensive
They might have like a tenth or less the energy density
Takes like an hour to charge your car so rip to long drives

No cheap electric car even exists yet, maybe tesla will make one but its still gonna be twice the price of a cheap gas car

And only fags want an electric car anyways

Because 1) Middle east is already fucked up, we don't need to remove all their source of wealth
2)Electricity ain't cheap enough nor effective
3)It would mean a big and sudden evolution of the global economy
4)It is much easier to use sea water to produce energy for a car. Look a bit for it, and you'll understand

Forgive my shitty english if it is, I'm French, and it's late here (tell me if i made any errors, pls)

The components are still too expensive. A shitty electric car is $30K, and a good one may be double that.

YOU MADE AN EROROR 1) ALWAYS PUT THE FIRST 1) ON A JEW LINE
2) DONT BE FRENC

at least my typing is better than yours, though I'm tired
Please no french bashing. Without them, you wouldn't have much of the atomics, rays and other funny useful things

>french
>muslim lover

what a surprise

Soon user. If solid state lithium ion batteries can start to be e mass manufactured, it will increase the power density and decrease the charging time dramatically. We could see electric cars with 500 plus mile ranges. Hell, it would make all-electric airplanes doable.

>means that if one guy claiming he belongs to a group, you should hate everyone of this group
Wow. Such stupid reaction. They claim to be muslims, but only from a tiny branch. Like if a extremist mormon was claiming that he is a christian. might be true, but does not imply that catholics, orthodoxes, or protestants think the same way.
Plus, I think that every religion is a shitty idea : talk about philosophy, not stories of guys standing on water or writing a book in a night.
I hate the way the West just keep barginig in Arab affairs since WWII, though they claim they are independent. What "we" just want is their petrol, not that they elect their leader or any of this noble shit. The only problems are "Shit, they are keeping all the oil" and "Shit, they killed a bunch of our people because we brought a fuckin mess to them" Maybe "we" owned it, after all.

>4)It is much easier to use sea water to produce energy for a car. Look a bit for it, and you'll understand
You mean hydrogen powered? Because Wikipedia tells me water fueled cars are bullshit.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car

Kikes wanting to keep control of the car and energy market.

Yes, sort of. I am not really in this kind of knowledge : I just heard about a cycle of water and hydrogen being repeated almost forever in the engine

Partially yes. But also because:

1. Lack of easily available parts
2. Lack of easily available aftermarket parts
3. Americans want big cars, most electric cars (besides Teslas) are not this
4. Does not scale up well. Namely, pure EVs cannot compete with existing diesel/ethanol/propane/natural gas utility vehicles.

If all these problems were fixed then the lack of range and lack of charging stations would be fixed fairly quickly. Making a whole new car go mainstream is not easy unless the benefits are obvious and immediate.

>3)It would mean a big and sudden evolution of the global economy

It wouldn't. With the oil crash, it's obvious that each country can cut out the sauds and be much better off. Even Diesel can be replaced with natural gas found via fracking.

>Is it the batteries?

Yes.

/thread

I didn't say it would crash or anything, but just that it would change : right now, the power goes with owning petrol. So, if you don't prepare anything, the day petrol stops being mainly used as energy source, some countries will crash. But you can see it coming, and prepare some new global order in economics in order to let these countries alive. thus, it would only change by choosing a new value that gives the idea of the whole market helping the states that rely only on oil

>Middle east is already fucked up, we don't need to remove all their source of wealth
Let them go broke. There would probably be a wave of terrorism when they get desperate, but their practices would soon become unsustainable.

What happened to the french in the territory of algeria once u commie shits gave them "independence"?
Oh they massacred all the former allies of europe, and the europeans

Better shill for the muslims huh, how many no-go areas exist in france today? How many millions of muslims?
What will france be like in 20 years when its a muslim majority?

>right now, the power goes with owning petrol

why is Russia such a shithole then?, the only countries that rely on oil are North Dakota, Alberta, Russia, Venezuela, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Nambia and Nigeria

>Let them go broke. There would probably be a wave of terrorism when they get desperate, but their practices would soon become unsustainable.
That's pretty unlikely - it's not like the money from oil is well-distributed or anything.
Also, some terrorist groups - particularly ISIS - are significantly funded by oil exports.

The Algerian fought for their independence, like I think you did back in 1775. Plus, even after they were officially given independence, some french kept fighting to keep it french. And this was not a commie that gave up on Algeria, but one of the guys that fought them the most, he was called De Gaulle. Check your info.
About the no-go areas, stop watching Fox, they only give you a lot of bullshit, and they're not even able to put a french city in France on a map. There are no nogo zones, just some suburbs with more crime and deliquancy, like everywhere in the world, and that's not because of the muslims, but because of the mafia. Most of our muslims don't give a fuck about the religion, for them it's just some kind of tradition that their parents taught them, like the Ramaddan. In fact, they stay out of the society because of men like you who say that they're good for nothing, robbers and other bullshit. So they stay together to avoid constant and illogic criticism/racism

Okay, I admit that I am a failure in economics, I tried to explain what I thought, and I got myself confused. Nice job to me. But I follow what said

>electric vehicles not a thing
... as though they are not a thing, fgt pls

I think it's more of a logistical thing than anything else. The infrastructure for combustion engines is already in place and has been for a long time. A mass migration from a fuel based infrastructure to an electric one would require a lot of replacement and retrofitting, which is expensive. That, and also given that fossil fuels are fairly cheap means that such a change isn't demanded or necessary. Let us also not forget that batteries aren't capable of what fossip fuels are right now. It just isn't cost-effective.
I'm sure though, as technology increases and fossil fuels grow scarce, a demand will manifest.

130 whites killed earlier this year, and still you are a muslim lover.
Not sure what it is that makes french people into such communists.

Everything you think you know is lies & delusionals.
I saw how french police forces have to cover rooftops with their guns, scared about fucking snipers. These muslim subburbs in france are literal warzones

No, it's also a technology thing.
Electric cars can't travel far or fast, which is pretty fucking important.

The real problem is that the shit electric car barely exist, and the good electric car to some degree don't.
Currently there exists 3-4 models of Large sedans, and nothing more.

There exists things like electric scooters, because it has less parts.

>3. Americans want big cars
Thats a world thing. People want cars that are:
1. Big enough to actually be used. Especially some elevation and strong suspension

2. Will accelerate to some degree

3. They need to be REGULAR CARS. A lot of pre Tesla electric cars is basically electric scooters with a larger casing and bigger engine. I.E TH!NK, Kewet, Waaijenberg, Zagato Zele etc

4. Charging solution is literally a power cable, and not some godly mess of moving a converter close to the car