Coffee maker Broke and i am the only coffee drinker in my home

Coffee maker Broke and i am the only coffee drinker in my home.

What do you guys who only drink a cup or 2 a day us?

Other urls found in this thread:

zojirushi.com/app/product/ecdac
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

French Press, whatever I don't use I put in the fridge for Ice Cofee.

Presses are also very useful for Loose Leaf Tea.

Doing this now. French pressing for years.

seems like exactly what i need.

Thanks user.

Aeropress.

Albanian Stranglehold

Out of these 3 which is best for making a custom blend?

Moka pot

The only way for me to enjoy coffee. I drink way too much, though, not liking to waste coffee or, even worse, reheating it.

Aero or French press.

Aero is best if you're only ever making coffee for one. French for guests. Neither are expensive, get both

Varies a lot depending on the bean

Cup
Funnel
Paper Filter
Coffee Grounds
Hot Water (Pot, Kettle)
Thermometer
Wooden Stir Stick

Moka pot gets a better extraction thatn either of the press options. A better extraction means more flavour and more caffeine. But they are a use-on-demand item, meaning that when you want to have a coffee you need to make a coffee. You can't make enough for two or three cups and then keep it warm for as long as it takes to drink those cups becauset he coffee will become bitter. With a french press you can do that but since it can't extract as much flavour you won't notice as much bitterness.

The office pot.

I don't agree. You get better taste of extraction in french press. But its so more concentrated you can only drink a small amount. In moka pot I can usually drink a mug.

pic related what I use cause my taste cheap af. hate me Veeky Forums.

I used to buy these and I liked them. My store stopped stocking them when keurigs became popular. Now the coffee aisle is 80% keurig or nespresso pods, 15% pre-ground beans, and 5% whole beans

They sell custom keurig cups too you can fill with whatever FYI.

Also, you can order the folgers coffee singles online and walmart keeps them in stock.

Call me a pleb all you want but I just use a simple 4-cup Mr. Coffee. No clocks, not programmable, only an on/off switch. It was $20 and has served my coffee needs for years now.

That is what just broke. I don't want another one because.

They are a pain to clean out.

Cleaning the back of them is sometimes impossible.

I don't drink that much in one sitting.

Break randomly.

i prefer more control over my coffee making.

I understand they work for a lot of people its just time for a change.

I just take a small spoon of coffee into a cup, pour hot water over it, stir and wait a few minutes. Drink slowly and throw away the last 25ml or so with all the gunk

Moka > pour-over > french press > instant coffee > aeropress. That is, if you're not an espresso addict.

you just brew bleachwater through it then water two times to clean those it isn't that hard.

Using this thread because I don't feel like this warrants a new one.

If I want to start making pour over coffee will I need one of these kettles or could I use a regular tea kettle and just pour slowly?

I've been making pourover pouring straight from kettles and pots and whathaveyou for some ten years now, so I'd say yes. I still kinda want one of those fancy kettles, but they're clearly not essential.

This is a sweet little coffee maker from Zojirushi: zojirushi.com/app/product/ecdac

It has innovative engineering: the coffee sits in the carafe rather than in a part connected to where the water drips on it, so less coffee residue gunks up the machine's insides. And you can remove the reservoir to bring water to it. It makes tasty coffee for a drip machine and is really easy to keep clean. Highly recommended if you only want 2 big cups or three small ones.

My roommate makes pourover coffee with water boiled in a pot, so I'm sure a regular water kettle would work just fine.

When mine broke I just made lazy cold brew. soak grinds in a pot of water overnight, drink as iced coffee in the morning.

try making cold brew, it tastes way better than regular coffee, keeps longer in the fridge, and doesn't have to be brewed fresh every day. takes a while and a lot of coffee to do right, but the end result is worth it

16oz French press

Perfect for one 12oz mug of coffee. Don't get a 12oz press or an aeromeme. You'll only get 8oz and 6oz (respectively) of actual coffee

Literally this. It's a fact!

I'd call it absolutely essentially for GOOD pourover coffee. But the grinder is more important, don't waste money on a kettle if you don't have a Feldgrind, Lido, or something better.

Why the fuck are you cleaning your coffeemaker haha just use it as it is you fucking autist