Drinking rubbing alcohol?

I read that it's actually perfectly drinkabla albeit slightly more poisonous than ethanol.
Some drunkards even prefer it after getting used to it's peculiar flavour and high.
But what should you drink? Some random isopropanol from the gas station? Since it won't be made for consumption it probably tastes bad and might even be contaminated with some shit?!
Master drunkards, which iso do you drink?

I just drink beer, liquor, and wine that's made for human consumption because I'm not a complete retard.

Get a loaf of unsliced bread, cut the two side crusts off and filter the iso through it. Gets rid of all the impurities and makes it as safe to drink as vodka.

There is a reason drinkable alcohol rarely exceeds 50% Because alcohol will disinfect your stomach before you can digest it. Drink too much and yes you will get drunk but you won't have many organs left.

>do not drink poison.
>if to put it in a sponge i am eating it so its no longer poison!

This kills the dumbass.

He means to use the loaf as a filter you fucking mongoloid. While his idea is very stupid, at least he probably has basic reading comp skills.

Just get a demethylator, it will get rid of that unnecessary methyl group leaving you with pure, safe ethanol.

I tried to do this on a few occasions, as in drink 91% isopropyl alcohol, but it has a consumption deterrent in it so it tastes like SHIT HELL.

Lesson learned: drink Everclear instead, it's 190 proof so technically stronger. Tastes better too, but not by much.

On the inverse, is there any kind of alcoholic beverage that's safe to disinfect yourself with? Like if you have an open wound, but you don't have rubbing alcohol?

Always wondered this since my dad carries some whiskey in his upper closet, and goes through rubbing alcohol to maintain a clean environment in his work station.

Really anything above 60%

Duly noted. Thank you.

However a clear liquor 40 or above is better than nothing in a pinch.

You CAN drink it. It's the same alcohol in bebverages. The catch is that a very sour chemical is added to prevent bums from literally killing themselves with cheap 96vol alcohol.
It tastes like crap, don't even bother.
The drinkable equivalent is Polish Spiritus Rektifiowany, actual 95% alcohol without anything else.

Dont drink Isopropyl unless you want to get violently ill, and possibly die. If you want to risk blindness and go toe to toe with death even more so than rubbing alcohol, get some methanol. Pretend you're an F1 car, and receive profit.

If you do, write down the poison control center number first so that way when you start to come up, you'll know how to save your dumb fuck self.

>I read that it's actually perfectly drinkabla albeit slightly more poisonous than ethanol.
True rubbing alcohol is. However thanks to the results of soviet subversion, rubbing alcohol in the states contains an additive that induces vomiting.

It's a similar reason as to why red kerosene exists, faggots like to steal from others instead of working.

>It's the same alcohol in bebverages
it literally isn't

isopropyl isn't ethanol

>faggots like to steal from others instead of working.

Kek.

I used to work with 100% ethanol (used as a solvent cleaner) and occasionally take a hit while using it. Crisp flavor.

I'm saying that red kerosene shouldn't exist.

rubbing alcohol CONTAINS NO ETHANOL you will not get drunk if you drink it, the only thing you will achieve is poisoning your nervous system

>CONTAINS NO ETHANOL
It depends on how you look at it and how much work you are willing to do and what you have available...

you a chemist too? absolute madman, love it