Family tells everyone kid is vegan

What actually happens a lot of times.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=szz40SZMzpI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

nobody gives a fuck

cool blog post, upboated

epic bait but you would have to modify nearly every other dish and the brat kid would also need to ask about each one before eating

Depends on the family's structure?

Usual answer to "Oh, by the way, $Kid$ decided to become Vegan" could range from

- Uh ok. Could you handle bringing them food at $Next!Event$
- What? How dare they not eat $Tradiotnal!Meat based dish$??

haha good one I'll be sure to tell your wife next time I fuck her.
Cuck

>How can you tell someone is vegan ?
>They'll make blogposts on an anonymous woolspinning board bragging about how they don't tell anyone they're vegan

What happens is they request vegan dishes at events, or dont eat and are irritable from being hungry.

Its this way with any diet, my brother is doing the ketogenic thing and, this may be because he's a sociopathic, narcissistic, fuckface on top of the fact, but he demands all dishes prepared for dinner to adhere to his dietary restrictions.

We tend to ignore his requests so he's forced to use his cheat days if he intends to eat at family events.

Fuck anyone who "requests" food made to their specifications. Motherfucker I'm already making you food so you either eat it like it is or bring your own. Vegans and most people who follow specific diets are obnoxious attention seeking cunts

A vegan will tell you they're a vegan before you know their name.

youtube.com/watch?v=szz40SZMzpI

Vegans are gayer than vapers.

these are strawmen

vegans are just pretentious fucks at the very core. They have very strict imposed dietary restrictions that help absolutely nobody, only make them feel better about themselves

the reason nobody likes them is because they're so hard to cook for and they eat disgusting food themselves more times than not (tofu, almond milk, etc)

>Fuck anyone who "requests" food made to their specifications

Let's say I'm at burger king and i order a whopper with no lettuce, keep in mind im PAYING for this burger. So i cant have this burger made to my specifications? Get fucked

Most people despise them because they're loud, pretentious superficial assholes with a holier-than-thou attitude. No one in their right mind would try and cook for a vegan.

I meant If I'm inviting you over and cooking for you you should eat whatever I'm cooking, and not be an obnoxious high maintenance fucktard.

Also learn reading comprehension jackass my meaning was pretty obvious

>Fuck 'ANYONE' who "requests" food made to their specifications.
>FUCK ANYONE

There you go you angry meat eating fat atheist

>Found the vegan

I think this should only apply if the person agrees to eat. If they can't tell you they're a vegan beforehand, then they need to be polite and eat the food.

Holy fuck the meta. This is gold.

You don't pay for hospitality dipshit. You accept it like the grateful fucker you're supposed to be.

We're clearly talking about inviting people over for events as such, but I understand the confusion as your basement dwelling ass isn't familiar with the concept with socializing.

this

it's good manners

if you're vegan the best thing to do is either not do it for a day or bring your own nice dishes as a sort of potluck

And there should be no money involved between family of course

>atheist
>thread is about food on a board about food

Why do people abide picky eaters such as vegans?
Its fine if you want to do it when you are at home and cooking for only yourself, but don't expect your peers or restaurants to, and please never have children and subject them to your whims until you grow out of your picky phase

how can you tell if someone has an opinion?
don't worry, when you offer them your own, they will say no thanks and then you can ask them a bunch of questions which they may or may not answer politely and you will likely get upset about it.

>tofu is gross
basic eating tendie fuck detected. get out of Veeky Forums and back into your fast food containment thread

Remove that lettuce yourself.
I've never worked at a fast-food, but I'm pretty sure people there can't afford to comply to every silly little requests deviating from standard recipes when there are dozens of people waiting for their meal.
I hate special snowflakes like you who throw tantrums like autistic children because they have a few pennies in their pockets.

If you don't eat what I eat, then you don't eat at my place. Kys.

Tofu is the eastern equivalent of tendies
Its ok tasting, but best left for uncultured poor people

doesn't matter. but you retards will blame vegans for it? it's hilarious. people who eat meat are more likely to be shitty eaters than vegans, which isn't to say that I don't love meat. I just recognize that the people who edit their food in fast food having worked there are people who hate vegetables and are adult children. and any order we have to fulfill as long as it's a possible option on the Point of service. it doesn't matter how inconvinient it is unless we can't communicate your autistic order to the spanish speaking people who actually put the shit together. The drive through is timed, no matter how much someone orders we have the same time to complete your meal.
now who do you think is more annoying and shoves their life style in our faces. the vegan who orders a salad? or the fat fuck who orders a shit ton of food with deviations that we now have to prepare exactly within 50 seconds?

>tofu is the eastern equivelent of tendies.
no, tendies are. yes eastern cultures have their own fried chicken you shut in faggot. tofu is eastern cheese. it's blandness boils down to preperation being favoring texture, or flavor. its an extremely wet curd to start with, can be aged and fermented for different flavors, and can be fried like bread cheese or fry cheese

>yes eastern cultures have their own fried chicken you shut in faggot
yeah, thats clearly not what I meant my equivalent

yes you fucking retard, it's not, but your shut in life style has put your retarded tendy eating ass in a position where you somehow think that complex textures and flavors from a fermented product are comparable to something like tendies, which is litterally just meat salt and oil. shut the fuck up, you are a dunning kruger moron who has no idea what you are talking about.

haha I think he has a point mate

why do people get so angry when they're on the defensive?

I love vegan threads. Shit always trigger fast food eating man children.

Calm down man, you are clearly misinterpreting this entire scenario

because he's retarded

no U

I don't blame vegans, actually I like vegan food from times to times because it's different from what I usually eat, and I think cooking mostly vegan food when you organize an event like a concert where there might be some vegan people is a good thing. There should be more vegetarian and vegan options when it comes to fast food and restaurants.

That said, it's true that people who try to shove veganism in everyone faces are annoying. Furthermore if you are really a hardcore vegan, plan your shit ahead of time if there is a possibility that you might go to a place where there are no vegan meals available.

But if there is one kind of people that I hate, it's spoiled brats who thinks low-wage workers should suck their dicks because they paid for some basic shit.

>"Oh, by the way, $Kid$ decided to become Vegan"
>"Oh ok"
>"He's also celiac, lactose intolerant, have X allergies"
>"oh ok"
>"He's also nonbinary otherkin, and identifies with xier at the moment"
>"...."
>"How dare you!"

>Vegan-sama gets upset.jpg
You're not wrong when you say they were getting stupid saying fuck anyone that would special order at a restaurant, but if it is a home cooked meal then the vegan can go suckle a cow teet or something.

>that pic
Why don't they tell me in advance so I don't waste time and meat cooking them something they won't eat?

I had fucking tofu it tastes like bland chewy chemical shit

I'm vegetarian and my girlfriend is vegan. We are adventurous eaters who believe delicious food doesn't have to come from an animal. Steadfast meat eaters ITT have it twisted. Do you really think meat belongs in every meal? Most people think veganism is a restricting diet, but it's simply not the case. The world is full of a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and grains for a reason.

>muh bacon
>muh industrial livestock
>muh social events
>muh tendies

Fresh fruits is one thing but being vegan is still pretty restrictive though.

For salads I like a bit of ranch dressing but ranch isn't vegan.

When making mashed potatoes I use milk, sour cream, and butter so that's out too.

When cooking white rice in the rice cooker I usually use a bit of powdered chicken stock to add some flavor....

Usually, the parts of my meals that are vegan would be considered a snack or a side.

You see where I'm going with this, all my life I've cooked without any sort of dietary restrictions and as a result, many of the dishes I cook aren't vegan / kosher / halal / food allergy friendly.

I'm vegetarian, not vegan. But there are great vegan substitutes for everything you listed. Some of them I prefer to the real deal. Vegan mayo is AWESOME. Much creamier and richer than hellman's or even gourmet mayos.

What I've found is that most of the flavor in food comes from how it's spiced and prepared. I eat a lot tvp because it's loaded with protein (50% by calorie count), and when I use it in sauces the flavor is indistinguishable from ground beef. Most of that flavor in your chicken bouillon powder? Msg.

>adventurous eaters
>won't eat ~60% of dishes simply because they contain meat

yeah nah cunt

You know you can make those same dishes just by substituting ingredients, right? I don't think there's anything I ate as an omnivore that I haven't eaten now as a vegan, barring like mac 'n' cheese or sloppy joes or whatever other shitty packaged food like that.

>the flavour of {insert not meat} is almost indistinguishable from {insert meat}

No, it isn't. This one of the most common things vegetarians pretend is true and it pisses me off the most. Now I'm not saying your food tastes bad, vegetarian dishes can taste amazing, but stop trying to pretend it tastes like something it doesn't just so you can fit in or whatever fucked up reason you're doing it.

>substituting the main ingredient

It's not the same dish then is it? I bet you're the other guy I'm replying to in this comment.

no, the other guy said he was vegetarian, remember?

It is the same dish if you use the same spices, cook it in the same way, and replace the meat with something of a similar texture/protein content/taste etc. Are you dumb or something?

So you're saying Duck à l'orange is the same dish as Ball of Smashed together lentils à l'orange?

No john you are the dumb or something

You wouldn't use lentils. If you wanna substitute duck use seitan. It's literally packaged and sold as mock duck some places because it's so similar.

>First experience with vegans
>On a study abroad trip in China
>Eating authentic Chinese food for the first time
>Its served family style so everything is served as it is finished and its all meant to be eaten to together
>First couple dishes contain meat
>Some vegetarian and vegan dishes come out
>Get stuck at a table thats half vegetarians/vegans
>Vegans try to hoard it all saying the meat eaters don't get an equal serving of the food because they are choosing not to eat the meat
>Eventually when we complain they say we shouldn't get any of the vegetable dishes because theres plenty of meat dishes left

Fuck them

>using anecdotal experience of specific people you met to paint a broader picture of people you haven't

>muh generalizations

try some quality meat substitutes and get back to us, user. You'll be surprised. Or maybe you're scared of new things, that's ok too.

That being said, not much can compare to the flavor of a steak that comes from a happy, grass fed cow. I will probably eat meat again in my lifetime, but for now I choose to abstain. If you have a problem with that, well, sucks.

I'm almost completely convinced that all vegans on here are just shitposting australians

"quality meat substitutes" is a really good one; please say more stupid shit so I can be fully persuaded

That was just an example, my experience with all the others have been similar

>Studying abroad in Japan this time
>Weird girl who refuses to interact with most people
>Goes on an elective trip to Kyoto, but refuses to do most of the activities that are planned
>Goes to an izakaya, which are always an equally shared bill
>Refuses every single dish, only drinks water, has shit Japanese so can't read the menu
>The adult teacher guide feels bad, and explains in complicated Japanese her "condition" that she only eats vegetables and ask for recommendations on the menu about what dishes would she be able to eat
>Recommends something, a boring not great dish since most things on the menu don't have special dietary requirements
>Nobody actually likes it, but we all feel bad for her since she hasn't eaten anything
>She refuses to eat it since he forgot to ask what kind of oil it was fried in and we all end up paying for some bullshit nobody wanted.
>She goes home and eats a bunch of bananas or some shit

You just sound like an autistic child

Never met a vegan. Would probably just lightly give him shit like people who don't drink. Who gives a fuck? Your single contribution (or opt-out) doesn't affect a goddamn thing.

I've actually stopped trying to order while keeping vegans in mind when in a group. I am a manager in a store and order pizzas about once a month for the staff, and even when you try to include a vegan option in the order, the vegans never actually eat it. So fuck 'em, we're getting meat pizzas and one with black olives and jalapenos so I get a chance to eat before all the fatties clean house.

I eat vegetarian and vegan food all the time, and you're right. Meat and dairy substitutes are NOTHING like the original. Some few of the dairy subs are okay, but please stop pretending. That can't be good for people's mental health.

They don't need to taste exactly like the original to fulfill a similar culinary role in a dish. When I say "meat substitute" I'm not referring to that isolated soy protein shit that Gardein and Yves use, I'm referring to anything you use in a given dish instead of meat.

>single
>vegans are one person

sweet argument dude

if vegan food was actually good, the vast majority of vegan dishes wouldn't pretend to be real food. The few that are actually good are never billed as vegan foods, they are just food that happens to fulfill the arbitrary requirements of people who refuse to eat the vast majority of human food

What are you even talking about

>vast majority of vegan dishes pretend to be [omnivore] food

you really outed yourself as having no idea what you're talking about early on, huh?

Duck is rich and fatty, seitan is not. To imitate chicken, perhaps, but not duck.

>Caring about what gross ass shit has become popular in the vegan community in the past couple years that isn't a copy of real food

Please don't stuff the word imitate in my mouth. I clearly said substitute.

>food without meat or dairy in it is gross

Maybe Veeky Forums isn't a good board for you.

Don't get panty twisted dude. On first English here.
Still, how to substitute duck in a dish? You'll need something rich and fatty. All vegan substitutes I know of are lean.

With something of a similar taste and texture that will complement the spices in your dish so that the effect of the dish is similar to that the one with meat would have.

Seitan. I've already said. The fat content isn't as big a deal as you're pretending, and in duck a l'orange in particular works well with seitan.

Have you had seitan before? I get the impression you haven't.

>The fat content isn't as big a deal as you're pretending
What the sniggens are you doing on a cooking board? I though you were trying to remove the 'veggie are idiots' meme?

this. it's presumptuous af.

what I never understood is why so many leftist retards are the ones who are always vegan. doesn't it occur to them just how much metric tons of privilege it takes to declare such arbitrary diet restrictions? imagine a century ago the local fuckwad in town declaring he's a vegan, he'd just die within 2 days.

taste preferences are one thing, religous and health restrictions are another thing, but random snowflake shit I don't give a single fuck about and let you handle on your own

ehh. Poor people anywhere in the world are 'vegans' with the occasional egg thrown in. Meat is luxury, while rice, wheat and soy keep people alive.

>Things white people who can't cook say

You should also lie about how ruining a decent steak by undersalting it and not spicing it is how people 300 years ago used to cook steak.

What does seasoning have to do with anything?

Seaons used to be the most expensive thing about cooking up until our life time. But white people will say that the perfect steak is underseasoned steak with a tiny bit of salt and pepper

Hahahahaha. Get your head out of medieval Europe you child.

i make vegan sloppy joes about twice a month.

sautee an onion and a green pepper
rehydrate some tvp
dump in ketchup until the color looks right
add pepper, salt, soy sauce, powdered mustard to taste

simmer for 20-30 mins and you're got great sloppy joes

tvp is really cheap too so this is a lot cheaper than beef sloppy joes

Wtf is tvp

a 400 gr bag of tvp costs 9 dollars here

fuck you

It's not the same dish if you substitute out the main ingredients. It is a different dish entirely.

>veggie burgers
>veggie dogs
>vegan jerky
>tofurky

And there's plenty more.

textured vegan protein

okay friend I'll be honest

I don't give a fuck about what people eat and what they do not eat but

you CANNOT possibly deny this:

Vegans WILL always mention they're Vegan to anybody they're talking to. Even they weren't talking about food or ethics or whatever.

I've had a few vegan friends here and here, from Uni and on the Internet, and they ALL told me they were Vegans within the first hour of relationship.

THIS is how you tell if someone is vegan.

Isn't OP's post essentially another version of the "Don't worry, the'll tell you"

why is that reversed compared to reality?
is there some sort of joke i'm not getting or what?

oh so you eat meats?
cool, never knew vegetarians or vegans ate meat.
get fucked you idiot

vegans really are the shittiest tier of trolls, no wonder they are socially ostracized so much. Deserve every ounce of it desu lads.

>Go to cookout my neighborhood does every year.
>Everyone brings something.
>We're all enjoying ourselves over beers and great food
>"Really wish you guys had a vegan and gluten-free option"
>turn around to see hungry skellington manlet and his equally frail girlfriend

You seem upset

>white people who can't cook say
what does race have do with any of that? why be racist?