So allegedly these niggas are supposed to not only be edible but also some of the best fish to eat...

So allegedly these niggas are supposed to not only be edible but also some of the best fish to eat. On top of saving the envioronment and shit because they eat other species

Can anyone on Veeky Forums testify if this is the real deal or just a meme created by treehuggers?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/23/killer-robots-the-latest-weapon-in-the-futile-fight-to-destroy-the-invasive-lionfish/
youtube.com/watch?v=n4TntPgVFbE&t=1m30s
youtube.com/watch?v=jSilIdul7Kc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a meme created by treehuggers?
you're super ignorant

Thats why I come here for answers, not your sass.

A lot of places on the Gulf Coast has festivals centered around eating these assholes. They do taste good IMO, something like a buttery, flakey grouper.

yes you can eat them, if you know how to prepare them. Better to find a cook that'll prepare them for you if you bring them to him.

You can spear them around Florida because they are stupid and slow and think nothing can touch them. The spines will fuck you up, so don't get stabbed.

Just buy yourself a cheap 30 dollar pole spear, stab them, cut off the spines, scrape them off your spear with your fin into a mesh bag

literally the memefish

Can they be consumed raw as sashimi?

Yes.

They are delicious, and an invasive species, so I'd call it a win-win.

They're not bad tasting, but yes, the best-tasting-ever thing is a meme numerous groups have been cultivating to increase awareness of the edibility of this fish.

So it's a bit of both fish tastes good and also please fucking kill these pests.

washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/09/23/killer-robots-the-latest-weapon-in-the-futile-fight-to-destroy-the-invasive-lionfish/

Floridian here. My very spoiled, very fresh, very picky fish eating friends and family all agree it's delicious.
I kind of prefer dolphin or halibut, maybe a grouper sandwich, as far as non-fishy deliciousness.

youtube.com/watch?v=n4TntPgVFbE&t=1m30s

But how? Arent they poisnonous?

look at the video in the post directly above yours. venomous, not poisonous. big difference

I've been spearfishing and caught some. Pretty much as freash as it gets. The're pretty fuckin good.

Ive seen some images of the whole fish being fried though. I know the venom is only in the spines and meat is fine but does the venom go away after the fish dies or is that just for show?

Publix will special order it for you. Wrapped it up in some foil with some carrots, pearl onions, and a splash of white wine, popped it in the oven. Good stuff

youtube.com/watch?v=jSilIdul7Kc

The spines still contain venom after the fish dies.

This dude looks like the bicentennial man.

Their fine, taste like a mild white fish.
In Florida you can spear these fuckers to your hearts content, so we'll take any we can find when we go diving.

You should not just dump the spines in the water tho, you should take them with you and throw them in the trash

people have gotten poisoned by spines dumped by spearfishers

Thats because some americans set them loose over here, where they are non-native and have no predators. They are "literally raping" the reef fish.

OP they taste like red snapper.

>dolphin
wtf pls no

I mean it eats other fish, that alone indicates that it's going to taste pretty good. Never had the opportunity to eat it but I'd love to try spear fishing

>I mean it eats other fish, that alone indicates that it's going to taste pretty good.

Sounds pretty legit.

He probably means pic related. It goes by many names: dorado, dolphin-fish, mahi-mahi, etc. Very popular for sport-fishing and also eating.

>JAFFA, KREE