What all would you put in your home made trail mix if you suddenly wanted to make trail mix?

What all would you put in your home made trail mix if you suddenly wanted to make trail mix?

I'd start with chex mix since thats a good base, then add dried fruits and maybe some higher quality nuts that aren't already in there. Oh and m&ms, and maybe coconut flakes. Jerky may even make its way into there.

Check out some different premade varieties of trail mix and recreate them yourself with better quality ingredients. Thats what I'd do if I suddenly had an intense desire to make some up.

Mixed nuts, sweetened dried cranberries, & some good chocolate chips. At least, that's what I'd do if I suddenly wanted to take a hike & wanted a snack on the way, which is basically the only situation where I'd suddenly want to make trail mix.

>m&m's

DONE

Oh, some jerky bits might be good too if z I've got those lying around, in which case I might skip the chocolate chips. Might taste good & help mellow the flavors + add fat, might taste gross.

I want to get a packet of every variety of M&M and then mix them all together in a container. Mystery flavor every time.

Something like this maybe?

>combos

Really?

golden raisins
raisins
dried mango
dried papaya
dried coconut
dried banana
peanuts
cashews

>dried mango
My man.

fuck off

stale marshmallows, pretzels, peanut m&ms, dried cherries
pretty good/10

>fuck off

My man.

So much sugar

The most recent batch of trail mix I made from dollar store snacks contained unsalted peanuts, crumbled pretzels, crumbled chocolate animal crackers, and raisins. It's serviceable.

I always add a secret ingredient no matter how I make my mix. I'll give you a hint.

It's SEMEN

call it protein trail mix and sell it to hipster numales. Make sure it has fancy packing.

How old are you?

Anyone tried cereals like Honeycomb and Capt. Crunch? Are they a good thing for trail mixes?

Y O G U R T R A I S I N S

Cheerios
Peanut butter m&m's
Almonds or cashews
Sesame sticks
Some sort of dried fruit (no raisins)

IMHO they are not dense enough to be worth packing in trail mix. When you're camping space is at a premium. Anything that's "puffed up" takes up too much room for the calories it has. Things like nuts, seeds, dehydrated/dried foods are much better.

But if you're just snacking or going "car camping" and don't have to worry about that sort of thing then why not go for it?

This is a thing. Crystallized ginger sounds delicious in a trail mix. Now i want to make my own. is there something orange i could put in?

Thanks for the input.

Orange in color or in flavor?

You could use candied orange fruit (and/or peel). I'm sure it could be dehydrated as well, though I haven't seen it.

Flavor