Why do weirdos insist on using water to cook oatmeal when milk does the same job and tastes literally 10 times better...

Why do weirdos insist on using water to cook oatmeal when milk does the same job and tastes literally 10 times better? Is it a conspiracy? They say "add a splash of milk," but the more sensible option is to get rid of the water and add only milk.

There's no reasonable explanation to add water unless you're lactose intolerant or forced to at gunpoint.

Other urls found in this thread:

quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/instant-oatmeal/apples-with-cinnamon.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

stop liking what I dont like!

Milk burns easier, most people are dipshits that can't be bothered to stir

>oatmeme

>there's no reasonable-
calories you fat fuck

Milk alone is too thick to penetrate the oats effectively.

If you're cooking oats I get using water but for quick oats, which take like 3 minutes of med heat I always use milk.

Well most people end up serving it in milk anyway...

> implying most people aren't fat fucks

Yeah, but I don't think the milk in their oatmeal is the cause of that.

The people who regularly eat oats aren't the same people who are fat fucks. Fat fucks will gag on oats unless you add butter, brown sugar, berries, raisins, chocolate chips, shredded coconut, and nougat.

You being an initiate who only accepts irish steel-cut rolled oats doesn't change that most faggots are pouring a packet of Quaker apple-cinnamon shit into a bowl with some water and throwing it in the microwave. This is their "oatmeal" and the parents doing this think they're doing their children a service.

>eating oatmeal when anything does the same job and tastes literally 10 times better

It's better to use just enough water to be absorbed by the oats, and then add milk while the oats are hot and fully cooked.

quakeroats.com/products/hot-cereals/instant-oatmeal/apples-with-cinnamon.aspx

It's not that bad besides the sugar and salt. It's on par with major breakfast cereals.

I'm loving the expert social commentary from people who have never left their basement.

>all of these oatmeal thread lately
I'm guessing that McDonald's is about to start selling oatmeal?

It's getting cold and working people are tightening their budgets, saving up for Christmas.

I just came home to my parents house after hot seeing them for 5 years and barely talking to them, and when I came downstairs this morning and saw my mom eating a bowl of oatmeal the first thing I said was, "the best part of eating a bowl of oatmeal is that you know that the rest of the day is only going to get better from here on out."

I got dumped by my girlfriend and came home to detox, by the way. It's going to be fun times.

It's became I'm vegan and I'm better than you. You should be ashamed of yourself - it's 2016.

lol wut dude this is a movie i've seen this before but the lead character was female

It's totally possible that the cocktail of drugs the doctor has me on has put me into a reality where I'm living in a TV movie I watched 20 years ago, but, actually in real life without realizing it.

Now I need to know what movie. (I've always been told I was creative but always knew everything I said was just me ripping everyone else off after spinning around until everyone else's ideas got jumbled up in my head, but I always assumed that's how everyone did it.)

>less calories
>cheaper

thats why I use water 99,99% of time

it exists, and yes it has as much sugar as a soda

>calories
>price
>there being any meaningful correlation
>drinking water 99,99% of the time
>not understanding how decimals and basic grammar works

Is this you?

>tastes
it's 7 in the fucking morning and my insides feel like hell, I don't want to "taste" a damn thing

I read about how a lot of polish children end up with speech impediments because they're raised eating non-solid foods

Is that what happened in the anglosphere as well?

Water is cheaper than milk you fucking retard.

I've found that equal parts milk water and oats makes for the best porridge for me, I guess it's all down to personal preference.

Use coconut milk instead
Stop saying everything is a meme

Im a 5th generation Scot outside of Scotland and I make porridge by putting a half cup in a bowl, 2 pinches of salt, pour over boiling water and put a plate over the top for 5 minutes. Then add a knob of butter and some brown sugar and stir it in and eat it. Shouldnt have milk in it.

>putting sugar in your porridge
>thinking you're a real scotsman

>no true scotsman would put sugar into his porridge

We used treacle at Nans but I find brown sugar easier.

Milk is very unhealthy from animals

i hate all of you unreservedly.

if it's because you're fat then it's all your fault.

enjoy your scolded milk and unhealthy breakfast, fag

water with a pinch of salt tastes better anyway, and you can just put a splash of milk in at the end

This. I have mine with water since I'm constantly trying to get leaner. It tastes shit with water and milk. Just get it down ya lad.

I dunno about Oatmeal as I've never found any that I really liked, but I hear similar things regarding grits, and in that case I disagree.

I use water to cook my grits--specifically the same water I soaked them in--because I want to taste the grits, not cover it up with dairy.

>It tastes shit with water and milk

This, I don't get the milk, honey, fruit stuff to make it taste better
It's tolerable just choke it down or make some eggs that actually taste good

I make steel cut oats with pic.

25 calories _a cup_ and I actually think it tastes better in most cooking (I stop short of just drinking it though) due to the creamy texture and slightly nutty taste.

That shit is amazing.

It actually tastes like cashew.

I would certainly hope so.

Silk is shit m8 you're wasting your money. Too much gum filler ruins the taste. Blue diamond is more acceptable.

I prefer to drink cashew milk like a drink, but I don't find it often sold by Blue diamond.
I use almond coconut with my oatmeal. You want to get the sugar free kind preferably. Use your own sweetener like honey or maple syrup.

>Blue diamond

It used to be good until they changed the formula.

Shit is watery as fuck now.

Almond coconut or cashew milk (not Silk brand) keeps the flavor and doesn't cover it up with fat or much additives.

Yeah im aware. I felt it and figured out they use less almond in all their products. Still better than gums.

I switch to goat milk every once in a while and use half the amount mixed to water, to keep the same calories and consistency.

Oh sorry, thats only for the almond coconut. Looks like they changed the consistency for the almond milk. Maybe you prefer the gums, which is why you drink Silk brand. Yuck lol.

Cooked milk actually smells better, which i assume means it is properly broken down for the human digestive system.

>gum
>filler

The locust gum comes after the salt. And there's only 160mg of salt per cup.

Which is like 0.064 % gum. Hardly "filler".

I've actually never seen blue diamond cashew milk sold here (Atlantic Canada) or really any other brand other than the silk stuff (though I haven't actively looked for alternatives cause the stuff tastes fine to me and is reasonably priced). Don't mind the almond stuff (if I was going to just drink one of the two I'd probably go for almond) but I find it can be kinda thin, whereas I find the cashew stuff is thicker and seems to do a better job when it comes to cooking.

Agree on unsweetened, though I'm probably the only Canadian who doesn't like the taste of maple (and not really a fan of honey either to be honest). Tend to go for cinnamon, diced up raisins, dried cranberries, or apples (oatmeal with chunks of apple and some cinnamon made in a slow cooker is pretty amazing).

I always use milk, a pinch of salt, and then right before it's done I'll mix in some brown sugar.
Though my mother always buys a fuckload of oatmeal and ends up giving it to me whenever I pop over, and she always buys Quaker so that's usually what I end up using.

I bake my oats. Can't deal with that soggy shit, it's disgusting.

>tfw when oatmeal every morning with cinnamonsugar and butter

I don't like milk. I don't buy milk. I like oatmeal. So I cook my oatmeal in water.

I actually can eat oatmeal like a cold cereal, but I prefer all those things. In fact, if I am eating cereal like a bad girl, then I always cut it with oats to keep the sugar lower and keep me fuller, longer. its a good thing crispex are expensive as all hell or I'd do it way too often.

odds are those are new or sun rising on them products because almonds are so bad for our water supply

Oats don't absorb milk as well as water,
and end up tasting like old people fingernails

>cold oatmeal soaked in milk for half an hour, sliced up banana
hell yeah

Don't they already do that?

patrician way of doing it:
use 80%water 20% milk, add a little bit of sugar and cinnamon