Who is juicing?

Well cu/ck/s, I'm juicing on a fast. I'm losing a pile of weight, having only juice I make at home.

Anyone else juicing for meal replacement, weight loss, or extra nutrition? Gimme stories and recipes, also AMA.

Why would anyone ask you anything?

Lots of people have heard of juice fasting, but don't know anything about it.

Trolls tell me to eat cum or whatever.

Some ask me about my recipes, or how long I've gone and how much I've lost, like that.

Mix some creatine in if you're fasting, senpai

asked a few things in your last thread, mainly about why not try cutting out unhealthy stuff slowly rather than doing a complete diet overhaul.

how's your progress so far and any side effects from an all juicing diet?

I have a hard time with portion control. So the best solution for me is to stop eating altogether. I like my carbs and booze.

Progress is good, I'm on day 70 and I'm down nearly 50 pounds. Lately, I have a meal once per week or so, whenever I'm really craving some protein. Then I have some cottage cheese and trail mix.

No side effects of note, I'm gonna hang in there and lose another 20 pounds before I come off it.

how the hell do you stay/feel satiated on a mostly liquid diet? doesnt it just run right through you?

This guy

food gets turned to liquid pretty much once you start digesting it anyway

the speed it runs through you has more to do with how much insoluble dietary fiber you consume than whether the food starts as a liquid or solid.

What's the best veggie juice?
when I was a kid, we borrowed a juicer from my aunt and made a lot of carrot juice which I liked, but we didn't make much else.
Do you ever mix fruit and veggie juice like those V8 splash drinks?
What's the best juice you made?

you're better off just getting a nutribullet or ninjablender and tossing whole plants in there and drinking them entirely, not just the juice.

I don't think I could do it as I'd lose all my sweet gains.
That being said, how much did you weigh before you started?

How much does a decent juicer cost?

well hell whats the best way to get and keep that "full" feeling then? I'm dieting and im kind of struggling with feeling satiated

>ow the hell do you stay/feel satiated
Part of the point is to give up on being a slave to hunger. After 10-12 days of only juice, I'm not hungry at all.

>What's the best juice you made?
The best juice for me has lots of things in it, about 80/20 veg to fruit. What's in season is best.

Carrots and tomato count as a fruit, they have a high sugar content.

>you're better off just getting a nutribullet
I have a bullet. I use it for smoothies. But blending it up doesn't reduce the volume. I wouldn't eat five pounds of veg and fruit in a day, but I can juice it.

>how much did you weigh before you started?
If you're lifting, I don't blame you. What I'm doing is pretty radical.

When I started, I was 241 pounds at 6'1" and not muscular. I want to get to 175 and then go onto an exercise program when I come off the diet. I'm a male in my mid forties.

>How much does a decent juicer cost?
Good juicers aren't cheap. I have an omega masticating juicer, which leaves a dry pulp and some fibre in the juice. They start at around 300 bucks.

>I'm dieting and im kind of struggling with feeling satiated
Feeling satisfied comes from two things: indulging your cravings and feeling "full", and getting enough nutrition. I get the latter, and the need for the former fades quickly.

feeling full has two components. when you consume food that is sufficiently calorically dense, as well as physically filling your stomach (bear in mind the natural size of the stomach is about the size of your fist...)

liquid meal replacements that have good nutritional value tend to be quite thick and viscous, quite similar to the state solid foods get reduced to while digesting

If you legit stopped eating solids for over two months go to the doctor because there is no way that shit is healthy for you

the OP may or may not be into lifting. is there any benefit of supplementing creatine if he isn't lifting while on a juice fast?

>not muscular
bad news is you're going to lose what little muscle you do have. good news is you'll gain it back quickly once you're working out and eating right. also, you're an idiot for not working out while cutting weight. i don't give a fuck if you're a beginner, you should always pair the two (diet and exercise) instead of isolating one. it makes the process of losing fat much easier and will give you better results much faster.

Yeah. Creatine mostly just makes the ATP system more efficient in all cells not just muscles. Drs often recommend it to patients post gastric bypass

>liquid meal replacements that have good nutritional value tend to be quite thick and viscous, quite similar to the state solid foods get reduced to while digesting
Quite right, user. The question is how much the consumer "needs" it. This is the difference between juicing and having a smoothie. A smoothie gives you the same volume volume of intake. It depends on what you want.

>there is no way that shit is healthy for you
I'm not dead yet, user. Ending day 70 or so, frankly I'm losing track because it's becoming a lifestyle.

>the OP may or may not be into lifting.
I'm totally not into lifting. I'd never do this if my need for protein intake was anything more than minimal to keep me alive.

This isn't about muh gains, it's about losing weight quickly while still getting nutrition. I don't do any exercise at the moment, and I like my booze. I don't know of any way that's more effective.

>i don't give a fuck if you're a beginner, you should always pair the two (diet and exercise) instead of isolating one. it makes the process of losing fat much easier and will give you better results much faster.
I won't hack on you for not starting a sentence without a capital.

I agree, the best thing to do is to amend one's lifestyle to incorporate better eating and more exercise. Then find a balance when one is slowly losing weight and getting more fit. No argument there. But I'm doing what works for me.

hmm yessss i see hmm

failed epistemology

Ooops, my last few posts should have been from "the JuiceFag", but I think it's obvious which are my posts. For now.

Watermelon. Apples. Little bit of mint. And pineapple if you have it, canned will do.