Why haven't Americans who eat burgers, fries, hotdogs and other fast foods not adopted the poutine?

Why haven't Americans who eat burgers, fries, hotdogs and other fast foods not adopted the poutine?

I know right? I mean not even just ghetto grating some mozza if they're going to get prissy about delicious cheese curds.

They will make chili cheese fries but poutine is nowhere to be fucking found. This is bullshit and you guys are considered fat fucks? Amateurs.

Poutine is definitely catching on, I've been seeing at a lot of local bar/grills

shit is good af senpai
I'm in Wisconsin and we already have cheese curds everywhere so I don't get it.
>tfw business trips to Canada

Same, but I'm surprised that it didn't catch on much sooner, especially in the Upper Midwest which is basically Southern Canada.

What I'm disappointed about it that when I find a place that serves this, they fuck it up.

>af

Either type out "as fuck" or stay on facebook you useless faggot

gay

>mfw logs in to MySpace
>proceeds to 'type af' everywhere
What a new fag.

t. I was here when BT Snack was a mod

Kill yourself

Kys
>tfw

Because fries are nothing but cheap filler and the only flavor in the gravy/cheese combo is salt.

We've had fries with gravy on them for a while. We call them Elvis fries. And I think the cheese curd part might have just been a result of Americans having no fucking idea what cheese curds are.

it's bad.

You should go and get on with that.

I really don't know

But I probably would burn a lot of money on it it so maybe Jesus is looking out for my wallet

POUTINE IS SHIT

IT'S JUST SALTY SOGGY FRIES

FUCK OFF WITH THIS OVERRATED MEME

We like to eat fries with our hands. even our fries that had a bunch of stuff loaded onto them are generally set up for that. Why the hell would you just dump a whole bunch of gravy onto fries?
Are you going to eat the fries with a fork?
Are you going to cover your hands with gravy and then wipe them off after?
What the hell is wrong with you people?

I see this shit memed on here daily, it honestly just looks disgusting. I can stand chili cheese fries, but smothering them in gravy is fucking retarded. What kind of subhuman likes soggy fries?

>What kind of subhuman likes soggy fries?
A Canadian.

because le americans r so dubm xDxD

Is that what you wanted OP?

Because chili cheese fries are better

And so is Vermont syrup

Suck my dongus you shitty canucks

I travel to canada and wisconsin for work a lot

here is a shot from my last time in WI

you eat the outer ones with your hands and the last bit that is completely covered with gravy you eat with a fork

iirc proper poutine uses cheese curds.
America doesn't even have real cheese let alone curds.

You obviously had some shitty poutine

it's everywhere in Portland

that's how you know it's cancer

this post gave me cancer

Well memed

I live in South Dakota and fortunately, we have one singular place (to my knowledge anyway) that has poutine. It's pretty damn tasty, but I can't help but feel like I'm missing out on some genuine authentic Canadian poutine though.

What are you talking about? Poutine is everywhere.

>BT
>Inb4 you were joking or it was a typo
Wasn't it WT Snacks?

I've only had poutine in California of all places.

Because the name makes me want to vomit.

Love gravy on fries, though.

I'd rather call them something else. Logs in a bog, maybe?

Poutine isn't really anything that amazing. It's solid, but I'd take a good burger or pizza over a good poutine 10 out of 10 times.

t. Canadian

This. Puotine is alive and well in the us.

Because we already have chili cheese fries. Why downgrade?

We've had it all over Utah for at least 5 years. I figured if it was here it's everywhere.
To be fair we have a pretty vigorous cheese production here and I've grown up with cheese curds my entire life.

The problem is the places that do serve poutine just don't do it right so it never catches on, every poutines I've had outside of Quebec have not been very good.

TRIGGERED AF

we don't have as many cheese curds
I think culvers has cheese curds, so they might just make poutine, but I don't go there often

The only way to eat fries is bathed in salt & vinegar. Anything else is wrong.

>we don't have as many cheese curds

That's a very regional thing. If you're in an area that has a lot of cheesemaking like WI then cheese curds are everywhere. Other places? Not so common.

I live in Texas. Until recently I only saw cheese curds in specialty shops. About a year ago they started showing up in normal supermarkets. Problem is that they're not fresh enough to that that "squeak" they ought to have for a really good poutine.

They do gravy and cheese on fries already, they call it 'disco fries.' Do they not have this everywhere in the USA?

Elvis, disco, maybe there are even more regional names.

We just don't like to order foods by saying "poo" anything. Even grey poupon is a prissy joke name.

>getting triggered by abbreviations
>probably writes "kek" all the time

We have cheese fries in America; its gooey enough to go to everything and easy enough to enjoy the cheese without fighting to get pieces of cheese with using fries as chopsticks in your poutine.

>why didnt americans think of this yet

Because cheesefries are so much fuckin easier to enjoy. Third world countries stay mad.

That's how you eat chips.

You dip fries in sauces, that's all they are good for.

>what kind of subhuman like frozen pre-cooked crispy fries?
A Fat American.

Assmad Canadian detected.

Anyone know where to get good poutine in Los Angeles?

>poutine
>soggy fries

You're doing it wrong.

>MEMES MEMES MEMES

Just kill yourself already or get out of you basement once in awhile.

Abigail, in Hermosa Beach, is a great place with poutine around LA

Didn't you post this on /sci allready?

do you know of anywhere in the valley?

I don't know. I'm murrican and i'd love a good poutine. they just don't fucking serve it anywhere. closest you can usually get is chilicheese fries but fuck that i want the real thing.

same thing with gyros. why the fuck can't a get a decent gyro

maybe it's cause i live in a tourist town

>A Fat American
Are you familiar with the term "oxymoron"?

Negative.. Google it haha.

poutine is literal slop and I wont associate myself with anyone who eats because theyre peasants

t. Ontario.

Maybe, are you?

No Canadian really 'loves' poutine. It's for asshole quebecoise to yammer about. I've made it from scratch and it was great, but mostly it's just soppy fat and no one eats it day to day.

clearly, he's not.

>ontario's opinions
>worth anything

FOUND THE FRENCHIE

FIX YOUR ROADS FUCK TITS

How does it feel to be the worst province in all the country?

the only thing you people are good for is planting corn and selling cheap booze

/btw love ya, Im just drunk and need some banter,

I see it more.

I love it to shit but every place that has it does a terrible job.

Whether it be jarred gravy, cold cheese curds they always suck.

I went to one place and the curds were ice cold
>Excuse me sir the curds are cold as shit
Oh no thats how we serve it

MY ASS that's how you serve it.

I found two places in Indianapolis that manage to do a decent job and one food truck that does hipster versions of it with stupid ingredients but it's still good.

Bog is a fag word

i love how canada has a reputation for politeness but put someone from toronto and someone from montreal in a room and watch them tear eachothers assholes out. also

>well, our hockey team lost, guess we should tear the city apart
>well, our hockey team won, guess we should tear the city apart

literally lmao'ing because its so true.

no idea man. its a long history if you look into it.. basically religion and politics. the French and English/catholics/proddies all hate each other.

it'll go away in a generation or two when people are all mud sharks

We have poutine here, fucking idiot.

QCfag here, what's your favorite kind of poutine OP?
Me, fries, cheese curds, sauce BBQ, pepperoni, bacon and sausage slices

I tried some poutine at a hipster bar in my city, it was really good. It had duck confit, duck gravy, and optional foie gras

no one cares, because it's shit food. It's literally just a canadian meme no one likes. Every other adopted food is better. Gryo, Shwarma, etc.. is much better food.

speak for yourself

I've eaten it, and cooked it myself. It's a boring food. If you make family dinner you have all the ingredients. Beef roast, gravy, potato and cheese.

>why haven't not

Staying on topic, I have no idea. But then even in some places in Canada you can't get decent poutine. I do have a guilty pleasure of getting some pulled pork poutine from Smoke's Poutinerie when I'm drunk and it's very late and the only thing open.

It's jarred crap gravy. That's why Americans aren't interested. It's gravy without the meat that made it. It's half a meal. I really have an aversion to gravy that wasn't from scratch out of my own roaster drippings after cooking my roast. I can't imagine why I'd want thin and glossy flavorless sauce instead.

Hey now, fried cheese curds are delicious, however. Culvers has a corner on the market.

And, fries that are soggy are a waste of grease that fried it. Empty calories without the redeeming joy factor. Might as well have mashed potatoes with gravy instead. Fries are good with a steak, if you're going to stab a bite of each together.

you're a glorious faggot, annon. Consider killing yourself.