Who else here have confidence issues b/c of a YA book series?

Who else here have confidence issues b/c of a YA book series?

>throughout middle school read whole Percy Jackson and the Olympians series at least 5 times
>mc Percy Jackson has confidence issues
>think Percy Jackson is coolest guy ever though
>he also gets blonde tsundere qt3.14 gf by end of series
>pretend in my head I'm actually the son of an Olympian God too, and that soon I'd end up having adventures over the summer with my goofy best friend (didn't actually have any friends at that time though) and qt3.14 tsundere friend to save the world
>base entire personality ( and appearance to a degree) off of Percy Jackson except I'm super shy so I'm way less outgoing and not able to make corny jokes like him without people looking at me weirdly
>For a while didn't even want to grow that much b/c Percy wasn't that tall
>do this from 5th grade into early sophomore year of high school
>told no one else though cause I'm not that retarded
>tfw confidence issues are for real now and not me trying to be like Percy
>tfw only got out of my obsession of Percy Jackson by becoming obsessed with Anime (keep powerlevel hidden though b/c not retarded)
>tfw you will never adventure across the country with your goofy best friend and qt3.14 tomboy friend
> tfw you will never slowly fall love with Annabeth slowly over the course of puberty, from meeting her for the first time after you defeated the Minotaur when your 12 to defeating Kronos at the Battle of Manhattan when your 16
> tfw don't become hardened, confident hero after defeating the Titans
>tfw Heroes of Olympus series (the sequel series to Percy Jackson and the Olympians) was shit

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt2334733/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I've had confidence issues regarding my culinary ken and cooking skills because of Redwall, if that counts

>got out of my obsession of Percy Jackson by becoming obsessed with Anime
Shit man, when you think things can't get any worse

Cringe thread?

That's hilarious, not cringey. The piss bottles get me every time.

Oh lawd.

*autism*

I guess it also depends on what anime he becomes obsessed by, if you moe or shonen jump then he should probably neck himself.
If it's berserk and jojo though I approve.

I mean Percy Hackson is complete shit so the least he could do is move from hackson to stuff like Gantz and that'd still be an improvement.

Hey OP, read Madame Bovary.

I never read YA since I am not a faggot.

Fuck you're young.

>tfw read percy jackson series in middle school
>tfw read the Illiad and Odyssey in high school because I was then interested in greek myth/culture/history because of Percy Jackson
>tfw now a classics minor with a functional understanding of Latin and working towards a decent understanding of Attic Greek

thank u percy jackson

Why do you say this? It doesn't sound like something I could particularly relate to or enjoy based off this.
imdb.com/title/tt2334733/

I got bored of the greco/romans desu. The viking sagas are much more interesting.

Its kind of a mix. At the beginning I was watching fairy tale, SAO, harems, that kind of stuff, but then I went into this little edgy period where I watched a bunch of pretty dark shows like Berserk (which remains my favorite), and Elfen Lied, but ended with Eva & EoE bc the just completely blew my mind and I had watched them the same week as finals week , so after that my tastes have been pretty mature which was about 2 years ago. I'm not really obsessed with anime anymore but I still watch it just because its one of the few fields I feel like an expert in.

19 so average for Veeky Forums.

>Why do you say this? It doesn't sound like something I could particularly relate to or enjoy based off this.
You are literally judging a book by its movie. I recommended the book because you should be able to relate to the main character.

How so tho?

not that user Because she literally has the same delusions that you do springing from trashy escapist entertainment

I can't believe her videos haven't surfaced to this day.

Did no one download them?

I think there probably are a couple of anons that downloaded the videos back then, but that won't share because they're "rare".

Oh God, I just wanted to listen to her voice again, is that too much to ask?

she looks kind of like my mom

Hmm... Sounds kind of interesting. Do you know if its a novella or full fledged novel? I'll read it if its a novella.

to bad you're a faggot anyway

It's literally /b/. I hope all the people who "trolled" Katie no longer browse here.

How about you just grow the fuck up, get off trash boards, and start reading actual literature because it's good for you?

fuck you nigger

Best advice ITT

berserk is shonen tier, family.

Now, if it were Utena, then I would approve.

Why?

if we convinced just one person to spend less time posting videos on youtube, maybe that's not such a bad thing.

Berserk is seinen. Miura actually parodies shonen conventions, particularly with the wanker who thinks he's the protagonist of his own story.

>thinks berserk is shonen tier
>praises a show that glorifies non traditional gender roles

Honestly kys. You are the cancer that is destroying the west.

Jacques' descriptive power is what makes his dishes sound good.

I find the Redwaller's fare is far too veggie heavy to appeal to anybody who isn't an out and out vegetarian.

Ex; Deeper 'n ever turnip 'tater 'n beetroot pie would be a fairly bland earthy affair and sorely wants for some bacon and a lick of Branston Pickle to tie the thing together.

I think he's implying that the quality of posts on this website has declined due to it being the time of year that youths in certain locales are temporarily loosed from their educational obligations.

Or simply, ITz Fukken SuMMa NiQQa

Op. Quit fucking role-playing and looking for escape. Make your own damn story (live) and inspire others to do better so they aren't plagued by the same problems you were.

>confidence issues b/c of a YA
nigga wut?When protagonist acts like a fool I usually analyse if its logical in the setting, if yes I say nothing but if it goes on for too long I deduct points.My main problem with self insertion is often the fact that my character ends up toying with everyone, never loved by all but still unshakable and confident even when directionless

No, I'm not a literal retard.
I have confidence issues because my brother got more attention/love than me for being a troublemaker.

you made me spit on my dick :(

>tfw read all the classic Greek myths, the Odyssey, and Iliad in middle school
>tfw laughed at Percy Jackson books while reading them
>tfw still read like four of them...
They were like crack for plain looking lonely teens... like One Direction for nerds.

I'm sorry about that senpai

Decent book. Do it op.