Does Veeky Forums like ASOIAF or is it too mainstream for you elitists?

Does Veeky Forums like ASOIAF or is it too mainstream for you elitists?

>Does Veeky Forums like ASOIAF or is it too mainstream for you elitists?

Sunset found her groaning like a constipated fat man straining to take his fat pink mast into her cunt became the DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAA AWOOOOOO with a side of roast capon stuffed with leeks. She's fucking dark wings dark words for all I know.

I like it. I can't speak for Veeky Forums though, I don't know xer too well

Almost finished the AGoT, only ~200 pages left. Already ordered A Clash of Kings which is coming in the post next week.

Enjoying the books so far, just wish I had read them before watching the show instead of the other way around.

A great story, but GRRM simply does not have a ~way with words~ try as he might.

Its poor writing makes it a slog to read even if you like the setting and characters.

GRRM's writing is questionable at times.
I can't remember what part it was in A Game of Thrones, but there is one sentence I remember reading where he used 'and' far too much.

It was something like

There was this and that and that and this and that and something and that and this and that and something and this.

It was like he was having a stroke while writing that part.

i picked up the first book even though i hate a lot of what i've seen on the show. it's not as awful as i expected but there's nothing great or even good about it. i guess it tries to be gritty and "real" and about political stuff but it reads like standard fantasy trash except without a lot of the fantastical stuff so it's actually kind of dull. a lot of the pov characters are boring as fuck, too. dany in the books is just as bad as dany in the show even though you know what she's thinking as stuff goes down.

what's wrong with the writing?

Different user, but while I know it's characteristic of the genre, I hate when authors spend a paragraph on describing a table of food. It does nothing to add to the plot and it doesn't immerse me into he world, it just bloats something that doesn't need to be as long as it is.

Dany has some of the most interesting chapters in book 2.

b-b-but muh rashers of bacon!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, the series is fine, but I finally quit halfway through the fifth book because the whole thing was just going in circles, the writing was becoming unbearable, and the pacing was just a constant grind. I feel like I gave it more than enough of a chance, but in the end, the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. The whole series is just puffed up "sound and fury signifying nothing." It just feels like a pointless slog.

Veeky Forums doesn't like story
/v/ doesn't like story
/tv/ doesn't like story

Veeky Forums art boards don't like enjoying things. Most of these people just want to fill their heads with anything that will make them appear smarter and carefully craft opinions that held by an elite few as to set themselves apart from everyone else.

My exact opinion. GoT is only fun because you can speculate wildy about the plot. When you understand that your guesses are way better than the actual story, you'll stop. GRRM lacks ambition. I know it sounds strange but most of the time his plotlines end in disappointing ways.

I think it's trash. I did like 4 and 5 better than the first three though, which is funny because it made it seem impossible he'd be able to finish it even in 2 more books after those.

Veeky Forums have great threads about the most critically acclaimed books of all time and hate modern pop culture shit. Fuck off

>I hate all things new and popular
>only old books are good

Dinosaur, pls g.

i find the fan theories far more interesting than what happens in the books or the show.