Complaining Thread

General Veeky Forums complaining thread. Get it off your chest.

>tfw love spicy food but my gut can't take it whatsoever

It's just not fair. Even mildly spicy wings make me shit blood, and it turns out I've got GERD, gastroenteritis, and SIBO because of it. At least it's treatable, but still, no more spicy shit. Suffering.

haha your fucked.

>mfw i've been competitively eating spicy food with my friends since i was 11
>mfw i've fucked my mouth up so much i struggle tasting food at all unless i can smell it strongly
it isnt worth it op

Not nearly as fucked and your grammar.

My gf is vegetarian and I am very much not. I love cooking and I experiment often with different foods but it really chaps my ass that she won't eat most of them because they involve some kind of meat that isn't fish.

I don't want to fuck up my dish just because she wont eat meat and I sure as fuck don't want to have to cook fish separately just for her. It's gotten to the point where I can't be fucked to cook anything anymore because of this. I'm not opposed to making some vegetarian dishes and eating them as is bit god damn. Shits fucking lame. Having her around has really put a serious drag on my love for cooking.

>Vegetarian
>Eats fish
She isn't a vegetarian user, she is a pescatarian

If cooking is your passion, like you want to be a chef, then you probably should have a serious conversation with her about it and whether or not you're right for each other. Just don't let her guilt trip you, women can be really good at emotional manipulation.

hurrr spicy food manly

fuck you retard, people used that to cover up rot. it has no actual appeal in and of itself.

>Not nearly as fucked and your grammar.
>and
*as
Sorry, being a retard.

>vegetarians eat fish
no

Got gerd but can eat spicy stuff (just not like chugging chili oil). Lemon and shiet literally triggers me and makes me want to vomic acid everywhere.

If you live in a state that allows medical cannabis, GERD is a condition that will get you automatically approved. It actually helps a lot, I was really surprised.

Not him, but it's true. Spicy ingredients were a mask to hide mildly spoiled food. If you genuinely enjoy spicy food you're just falling for the meme.

Exact same here except I have UC. Sucks dick man

So, do you have a colostomy bag?

No... I'm in remission and have been in for months

>Spicy ingredients were a mask to hide mildly spoiled food
key word; were.

an absurd amount of delicious food we eat originated as some means to prevent or mask spoilage. doesn't make it any less delicious.

not them but blue cheese was discovered when someone left some cheese out and it spoiled but they were on the brink of starvation so they ate it and prayed they didn't die

Smoked meats originated as a way to preserve food over the winter

Practically everything in Korea is fermented

That's really not a good argument as there are so many foods we eat now that happened by accident or necessity

I fucking hate in tv shows or movies (or the rare occasion in real life) when someone eats something, likes it, and then are told afterward it was made of _______ ingredient that's considered gross and they're suddenly disgusted / start spitting it out / etc.

fucking WHY. if someone fed me a delicious meal and afterwards they're like OH IT WAS MADE OF FRIED DONKEY TESTICLES i'd be like "damn, those were some good donkey testicles". if it tasted good and you dont have reason to believe it was unsanitary who gives a shit.

Vancouver here has pot shops everywhere along the streets. Guess I will check them out.

States have varying degrees of criteria for medical cannabis. Cali is the least restrictive

>love cooking
>love baking
>want to be a chef
>too many food allergies to count
>cant eat a full meal of anything decent that I cook or I throw up everywhere
>usually just give it a tiny taste to see that its good and give it to other people
>cook myself something basic that i can eat like chicken and rice
Feels pretty bad man, but at least i can make all my friends and family happy with my cooking :)

Ah, I was speaking for MI.

Nice!

>want to work in a nice restaurant
>too much of a bitch to handle the stress of working in a kitchen

>Salsa used to be spicy
>Discover sweat inducing spice is masochistically addicting as fuck
>Developed a tolerance
>Normal food tastes of nothing
>Literally nothing on the internet on how to reduce tolerance

Still worth it, there's a couple hotter tiers

Kick her out. She's a stubborn cunt and she's ruining a hobby you enjoy.
Not worth it.

feelio.

Worked in a laid back kitchen, but doubt I could do it full time.

All of the things in your post taste like shit though

I got the opposite problem. I worked overseas in Singapore for about 2+ years. I ate so much spicy crap. Their condiments are raw cut chili padi or bird's eye chili soaking in soy sauce. Im hooked on that stuff now. Its milder or about the same as a Habanero but a very fruity flavor. Im back in NA now and im getting something like chili withdrawals. Everything here is so mild and I legitimately cannot tell when something is spicy when eating out with friends. I had the best szechuan food there too, shit that probably melts silverware. Eating here is pretty unsatisfying now.

Look up food taster diets. They are super bland for palate enhancing and balancing. Do that for a month or so.

who is the fucking engineer who designs chipotles? They are always so god damn loud its just a tin pan constantly accumulating incomprehensible rabble

this just can't be taken seriously

went to mcdonalds in September
>y'all niggas still got dat lobstuh ruhh
>nah mane