Could they have really built them with the technology they had?

Could they have really built them with the technology they had?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qnXkgxFC30s
youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruin_value
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastaba
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Djoser
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bent_Pyramid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Pyramid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giza_pyramid_complex
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism
youtu.be/znQk_yBHre4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.

Do you really think so? I've heard on the history channel that it would be practically impossible. They would need some anti-gravity device to lift up the huge slabs. Not to mention the funky hieroglyphics that show light bulbs.

No

I cant even tell if you guys get a kick out of this or you are legitimately stupid.

Noting is impossible when you have slaves

> technology
What kind of technology does it require to carry stones ?

>niggers build something

Holy fuck guys its not possible

Aren't some aspects of it legitimately amazing though? I remember hearing that the lengths of each side were within centimetres of one another and that it would be incredibly hard to engineer a building with such accuracy today. It's probably just a meme though.

t. non-engineer.

Yeah, it really is a fascinating idea, how did they manage to be so exact? There was one other site that had almost laser-accurate etches in huge stones. Shame ancient astronauts went to shit when they just got high and said everything was aliens, man.

So it wasnt the jews, my life is a lie.

> stones had accuracy
wew lad

Yes. You underestimate how unbelievably useful slaves are.

Yes, but pyramids was actually built around 15th century

>history channel
Top kek m8

>slaves
No. Craftsmen

>incredibly hard to engineer a building with such accuracy today.
Yeah those eng boys just throw shit together these says

There is nothing to prove the slave theory. There are no written records.

Ooooooooor...slaves, you know

No I don't know. How do you know you sound like you've been there.

Slaves or not, people often fail to realise that ancient civilisations were just as smart as us, and probably knew about a lot of stuff we don't.

True, if the library of Alexandria hadn't burned down we'd actually be on the moon today instead of faking moon landing footage.

There is no scientific proofs that egyptians was an ancient civilization. It's just a common belief.

I was kidding
I just say what I've heard on TV.
Also, what I've read, but that was more related to thales measuring its height, it could have been a shitty back story just for the sake of it.

How is the slave theory disproved? I would like to know actually...

it's nor disproved, there was no proof of slaves in the first place

Yes. The problem is we don't know what technology they had. The written record of Egyptians is not nearly as complete as the Greeks.

>history channel

seriously they just needed several people dragging and a ramp that provided a shallow enough slope that it wasnt impossible with manpower

they could have made the slope a 1 degree incline if they wanted its not that unfathomable

>They would need some anti-gravity device to lift up the huge slabs.

they will float just fine with a little help.

when you realize the great pyramid was actually a giant water pump, it starts to make more sense.

I believe that the pyramids were build by human, however I do not think they were build by the egyptians at the time they said they did. I don't think the egyptians at that time had means and knowledge to accomplish this. I think it is more likely they were build by another high civilisation before.

The pyramids and some other historical sites (like Machu Picchu) were build with one thing in mind and that is to stand for a long time and not be destroyed by earthquakes or other natural phenomenon. Furthermore is there too much mathematics and physics "encoded" in the buildings that basically screams "GUYS WATCH, WE KNEW OUR SHIT"

Here is a nice documentary that illustrates what I mean, unfortunately it is on german.

youtube.com/watch?v=qnXkgxFC30s

>3000 years
wew lad

and ? did they magically change proportions over the years ?

The nag hammadi says they tucked paper under the front, and then hit the stone with a big brass pole. The whole stone would vibrate and ring like a bell, which would make it easier to push because it's rippling across the ground making sound. The paper was made special, and would crumble into dust that could be mushed into grease to help slide the stone further along

qt egyptian

thats a tourist

Yes, basically they just had giant stone cubes and then carved them into pyramids.

[citation needed]

>qt
>egyptian
pick one

>Could he have really built it with the technology he had?

youtube.com/watch?v=q-KUbflnMEs

no it was ayy lmaos

source: infograph i saw on /x/

egyptians could not carry away the great pyramid today, let alone replicate it

I mean as long as basic scaffolding and pulleys existed in ancient egypt it seems pretty plausible

They've found Graves near the pyramids where corpses have belongings that seem to relate to building the pyramids. Because of the belongings and way they were buried, it is possible that they weren't slaves, and the job was considered respectible

A while ago (prob 10 years ago) I heard a theory that there were no stones, but rather that the blocks were made on site with powder and such. There was nothing to carry except the materials. Any news about this?

>Africans build pyramids with basic tools in 3500BC
>Top white engineers still can't figure out how 5000 years later

MASTER RACE

>we don't have any structures from middle ages
>supposedly we have tons of so-called "ancient civilization" structures
yeah, right... perfectly make sense

Kek

Yeah, sorry for building the modern world.

Took you long enough, white boy. Set your privilege aside and just accept that black people were the first great architects and engineers.

>what is mechanical advantage
Egypt at that time had a lever, called shaduf that allowed workers to multiply their work.

I think that was some incan structure.

What are you implying?

>>we don't have any structures from middle ages
yeah we do
See also:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruin_value

>>we don't have any structures from middle ages
>what are castles

Yes, they could have, we can tell because they did

Is it really more likely that aliens came in to help an ancient civilization build a really big thing made of normal rocks from the area, or that a bunch of ancient humans built a large tomb for their king using methods we only moderately understand?

Nah OP, it was ayyylmaos

They didn't just jump to Pyramids, out in the deserts are the precursors.

Starting with flat burial tombs
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastaba
then the step pyramid which was just stacked Matabas
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramid_of_Djoser
then the bent pyramid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bent_Pyramid
which was a failure and led to the more successful Red Pyramid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Pyramid
before the Egyptians were good enough in their technique to make the Giza pyramids
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giza_pyramid_complex

So yeah, we have definitive evidence that the Egyptian people were attempting, failing, learning, and finally constructing pyramids. Had it not been the Egyptians of the day those learning periods and mistakes would not have occurred.

Yes!

> I remember hearing that the lengths of each side were within centimetres of one another and that it would be incredibly hard to engineer a building with such accuracy today.

What the fuck? Itd be hard to engineer a building with sides cm's within one another, today?

We build rockets and jet engines and physics equipment that need things within a percentage of a millimeter or they will explode.

Look. People in the ancient times weren't idiots. A lot of them were very, very, very smart.

What do you think all of the einsteins and the Teslas did back then?

Just because they didnt have the internet didnt mean they weren't birthing people just as smart as the high physicists of today. They just put it into different areas.

Yes. They could build a fucking stone pyramid. And many different cultures did.

Apparently

You're too dumb to be on this board. Leave.

That structures was actually built in middle ages. And ancient history is a meme.

Are you genuinely retarded?

This is the only answer this thread deserved.

Not him, but are you? Yes of course they've corroded from wind and rain but you can still see that the stone blocks were not constructed with the same dimensions.

>filename

> I can't comprehend how wind works
lmao

It was never the individual stones that were so precise, it's the length of the sides of the entire pyramid. Also, those stones are just the supporting structure - the smooth limestone sheeting that used to cover them was all nicked in the thousands of years since they were built.

Yes just look at this flawless architecture.

Seriously though we know how the great pyramids were built and how the Egyptians got the idea and how they worked themselves up to it.

>a pile of large stones isn't feasible to construct with modern technology

why do people believe this shit

Because it would take a while and be expensive and nobody has done it, therefore it cant be done

Its supposed to look like that, and we dont know precisely how the big ones were built, there's multiple plausible theories

Could they really have landed with the technology they had?

Fun Fact: That flag was bought from a cape canaveral gift shop less than an hour before launch, because everyone forgot about it until then

Well yeah. The trajectory was extremely simple to compute by modern standards. Not much technology was needed to land on the moon, except for a big rocket and a big pressurized module.

>the technology they had

You mean simple machines like Lever, Wheel and axle, Pulley, Inclined plane, Wedge, and Screw? You only need 3 of those to build the pyramids.

For the same reason people seemingly forget last year's bad weather and think, "this storm is the worst!"

Dumbest thing I've heard all day, There was more to it than "big rocket and KSP trajectory". The Saturn V was a very advanced piece of kit and they needed teams of mathematicians to work out the trajectories.

The thing that most people have a hard time processing, becuase it doesn't jive with our modern mentalities, is that people spent lifetimes working on those things. It wasn't a 9-5 for them.
I mean, it was their job, and they were housed, fed, and paid; along with the curation of general goods an entertainment, but by n' large that's all several lines of people did for lifetimes.

Simple is relative; simple rocket science is still very intricate.

Its simpler than literally any other destination in the solar system except the sun

Nope, it was aliums

Source: ramblings of a mentally handicapped schizophrenic on History channel

lmao

sad though how it burned down, but a lot of books were saved through copying the texts. The Bible as the largest example of books being preserved generally only through the reprints. That being said, knowledge for sure was lost, we don't even havew any direct texts from Pythagoras or his cult.

>Could they have really built them with the technology they had?

ever hear of;
the lever
the inclined plane
the wheel

or better yet, here's a bit of old tech to prove the ancients weren't completely without engineering
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antikythera_mechanism

stone, rope, logs, planks, shovels and a lot of time / manpower

Yup, geopolymer concrete theory. I saw those blocks some four years ago, after sun and rains they really look like natural stone.

youtu.be/znQk_yBHre4

>We build rockets and jet engines and physics equipment that need things within a percentage of a millimeter or they will explode.

Aaand.. they explode

Yes, of course, satellites are a lie, we know. Now go play outside and don't forget your tinfold hat.

>before launch

do they use this terminology in photo shoots?

Bet your mom is still fuckable.

She's dead, so...

No problemo man, have a shovel ?

you sick son of a bitch

Me ??
She knew you'd rather have her cunt full of worms than a nice chunk of throbbing meat ?

We cremated her and sent her ashes to space, so...

Right.
Tell her to wash between big toes with a soap and water, i'll pass by later.

I've been to egypt, as a tourist, and i took all sorts of tours around the pyramids, mostly out of boredom, but egyptians are convinced of 3 things.
Their people built the pyramids as a public works project, they never enslaved the hebrews, and Barack Obama is the the antichrist himself.
The tech certainly existed but there's no way they didn't use slaves because the work would have been tiresome and miserable, no citizen of the great pharoah would submit to that, class permitting of course.

>anti-gravity device
>what are pulleys
>what is unlimited time and manpower

Ayyyy thanks for the info, appreciated

religion was the first form of healthcare
doesn't make it the best