I'm interested in learning about some of the styles of cooking/eating that vary in different regions of countries...

I'm interested in learning about some of the styles of cooking/eating that vary in different regions of countries. For instance putting marjoram in little sausages over a grill in Nuremberg, cream tea in Devonshire, or drowning a meat pie in green vomit and period blood in South Australia. I'm particularly interested in answers from North America, but happy to hear from everybody

In Wisconsin when you order an Old Fashioned, they ask you if you want brandy or Southern Comfort, then if you want it sour or sweet. Whisky is never mentioned at any time

It's fuckin retarded. When I first moved here I sent one back because I didn't realize this is how they make them here. It's literally a new version of something named for its constancy. Sometimes I think everyone in this state took a kick to the head

Pie floaters are so fucking good man

Are these like British mushy peas? i.e. marrow-fat peas mixed with vinegar and mashed to a rough pulp?

Another Wisconsin thing (although I think it has spread to much of the upper Midwest) is the supper club. Unlike normal supper clubs which are private, high class social clubs with dues n shit, supper clubs here are essentially just traditional American restaurants dressed up a little. The defining characteristics are:

They offer a rotating menu of nightly specials. Fish is universally offered fried on Friday (frequently all you can eat). Prime rib roast is usually Saturday

They offer a "relish tray" which includes a variety of pickled vegetables, pickled herring, crackers and a nasty ass processed cheese spread, sometimes liver pate, melba toast, cottage cheese, rye Krisp crackers, radishes, celery sticks, crinkle cut carrots, beets, coleslaw, cherry tomatoes, black olives, and always bread sticks in little wrappers

Florida here. My mom is very old south. Fuck a relish tray.

>Florida
Cuban sandwiches aren't real Cuban sandwiches unless there's salami. Faggots from Miami will lisp about how theirs is the "real" Cuban but Miami was a trainstop full of Hatians and El Salvadorans. The Cubans all came to Tampa to work in the cigar factories alongside poor dagos, and they had a collective moment of brilliance when they put everybody's leftover pork on crusty, lard-ridden Cuban bread and pressed it.

Of English origin, serving apple pie with cheddar cheese is a thing in New England and Wisconsin, presumably because those are cheese producing regions

In Wisconsin there is a state law that makes it illegal to serve apple pie without cheddar in restaurants although it isn't enforced obviously

im a syrup kunt but my dad grew up in the South.. growing up I thought he was extremely strange for liking apple pie/cheese. I had never heard of it

tried it one day at around 20 years old and I love it. oddly good combo

In chicago we put salad on our sausages

when you ask for a coke and they ask you what kind

a sprite

I don't thing anyone puts salami on it besides tampa

syrup fag here.

im not a big fan of sausages/hotdogs but it just seems like people love the toppings more than the piece of meet

pls respond. im curious

I'm from up north and when we had a friend from Georgia come visit he ordered a coke at a restaurant and asked them for peanuts and was flabbergasted that they did not have any. I guess they do that down there. I've tried it since and it tastes great

I mean... they're free of charge so I get everything every time. There isn't anything on that pic I don't like except maybe the pickle relish. I do eat the pickle by itself though, mostly becasue otherwise it's a bit unruly

fair enough mate

I do love me a good pickle

gay

there's a hotdog under all that """cheese"""

Swedes are freaking crazy, they give you a little plastic bag of sauerkraut with every damn fastfood dish you order.
...they brag about eating lots of salad and being a healthy people - but with salad they mean sauerkraut ..with shawarma & pizza.

>not posting dank ass tunnbrodsrulle

vile stuff that shrimp salad is

I live in Denmark, not Sweden ..so I've never had a Tunnbrodsrulle.

In Denmark the only must-have is Ryebread. They force kids in daycare centers to eat it, otherwise they have to run about hungry untill they eat the damn ryebread... some schools are just as bad, and remove the kids' lunchbags, unless the kid eats its ryebread-open-sandwitch first.

Image related - luxury version of ryebread-open-sandwitches, also called smoerrebroed/smorrebrod.

A hotdog is an extremely low quality piece of meat. That's why.

>Denmark
>free

Mix oats and pork sausage together, pan fry and serve to an Ohioan. Wa la, goetta

That's scrapple you fucking english

no it isn't you fucking moron, scrapple has innards like liver