I can't tell if I'm suppose to unironically invest in chainlink or not

I can't tell if I'm suppose to unironically invest in chainlink or not.

Is ChainLink just a meme or is there more to it than meets the meme?

It's a meme user

It's unreal to me how many times I've seen this thread. It feels like it's a bot making them at this point. There can't be this many people that are incapable of doing their own research.... nevermind. This is Veeky Forums.

It's a meme coin spammed by a group to the idiots of biz and will end up dumping on them and you will kek for missing the blow.

thanks just sold 100k

DESU, I stayed away from Link for awhile because of the shitty logo and the overly autistic shilling that went on. Then I read the white paper, connected a few dots, and unironically grabbed 60k of these little bastards. It’s like ignoring all those stupid conspiracy theory posts on social media only to suddenly get redpilled with hard evidence that they’re all true.

Obviously

It’s an alright project but a dude’s experimentation with smart contracts addressing the oracle problem isn’t worth millions and millions of dollars at this point. It was meme’d to this current value to biz, like two years prematurely.

Sold 100k

Why is every id purple/blue ? What do they mean by that ?

the meme is that it's a meme

Ask yourself this question: "If the Oracle Problem is so important, how come nobody gives a shit about it?"

It's a meme, dude. Buy AE, POA, or NULS. LINK will not make it. Screenshot this and post it in a year.

The meme, shilling, and FUD has reached 5D levels. Make of that what you will.

Good on you guys. Wish there wasn't so much pajeet crap rip off shit goin on but I guess it's money makin, morals have no place apparently

purple was the most expensive color in ancient time, only the richer could afford it

THANKS JUST BOUGHT 10000K

had the same feeling with ants / neo when it was at the stage of take it or leave it. I left it and punched my face like an idiot. This won't happen to me again so i jumped all in LINK. Now I sit on 38k and love the feeling to spit on those who will miss the train.

LINK or REQ?

40/60

If you have the means you really should get 10k and then forget about it. Lock it away. There's no telling whether Sergey & team will succeed, but here's what's certain:

1) it's not a pajeet/ chink hype scam. LINK is a top100 coin with very little marketing.

2) it hasn't mooned/ gone parabolic yet.

3) it has a use case and is a first mover. You'll inevitably encounter the term 'blockchain agnostic' when researching LINK. It's not another currency coin or ICO platform. It's a network that can be applied to whatever blockchain is dominant & relevant, which is ETH at this point. However LINK's success isn't necessarily reliant on ETH.

Also the 1000 EOY is genuinely a meme. I am hoping for 10-20 in 2018.

It's a shitcoin.

Unironically asking this question is the actual meme

I honestly don't care if you sells, if you buy, if you are considering investing in it.

I did my own research and bought ChainLink. And I'm not selling because some neckbeards on a German schlager appreciation board are fudding some days ahead of a large conference

This thread gets spammed here every week
Op is part of the pajeet shilling grip, sage and ignore

Describe this "feeling" you have

Everyone says they have this feeling, but can't explain it

>actually falling for the scam and fomoing into a pajeetcoin

Oraclize is better and has the support of the entire fucking Ethereum ecosystem
>muh centralized I can't think
Even IF chainlink was the best Oracle solution it's still many many years before smart contracts are scaled to the point where an expensive LINK was a thing

>do you want to invest in something with hardly any community support whatsoever outside this shithole board and which won't even be valuable in the most optimistic scenario until Q4 2020
That's your question OP

>shitty logo
no user

because hiring a marketing guy to hype a nothing project is cheaper than hiring software developers

It's a meme. Go for REQ instead.

Its a meme user, but a very comfy meme at that.

Well, I was a nolinker for a long time. Then I read the whitepaper.
Seems legit but still only a whitepaper solution.
Then I see tech savvy people and Devs get hyped on Link because it would open new possibilities for their projects.
Then the zeppelinOs partnership with is a Huge thing and went completely off the radar.
DYOR and see that a lot of projects want/need Chainlink to take off.
LINK has the chance of being The Shovel of the Crypto gold rush along with Eth.
I bought 40 K there..
Held for a long time. Sold.
Then fomo'd back within days.
And now after alpha net release I feel uneasy Daytrading link.
Just feel that the risk of not having link is greater than having some just in case

It's 100% a meme

Implying REQ can success with another oracle solution that isn't as secure as Link. kys pls

i wouldn't touch it.

1) we are still in the very early days of smart contracts
2) swift and half a dozen other large companies give a shit about it

>LINK has the chance of being The Shovel of the Crypto gold rush.
be careful where you meme that user. those are powerful words.

it's the same feeling i got when i went skydiving

i kept hearing "durrr why would you hop out of a perfectly good plane duhhhh"

but then you go, and you have an instructor who isn't worried at all. he knows you won't die. you ride the plane up...doubt sets in "i could just stay on the plane and ride it down" (aka sell now) but you make it to the right height. door opens. for some reason you trust your tandem instructor.

jump*

best experience of your life.

parachute deploys and now you're floating. incredible, life changing experiences.
then you land and tell people. they say ""durrr why would you hop out of a perfectly good plane HYUUCK"
those are the normies that will stay poor.

it's going to work out anons. enjoy the journey and stay on the plane.

i jumped when i was 14. dont remember a second of the free fall at all, i think my brain refused to record the memory or something, i just remember it being so noisy and then that sharp tug and total silence. ill never forget how still and tranquil it was up there. not a sound to be heard and it wasnt that weird artificial silence like in some studio room. it was beautiful.

SCUBA diving on a really nice reef like the phillipines is fucking awesome as well but a totally different kind of feel, like youre an astronaut on acid. you treasure every breath, and its not like sucking out of a straw either, the air blasts into your lungs and its such a rich deep breath. i wish it was always like that.

luckily i hired a guy to skydive with us and shoot video footage. i regret flipping the camera off and yelling fuck yeah, but i was 20. I also remember trying to look up higher, to try and see outer space.
when the parachute deployed, it definitely felt like i was being pulled UP into the sky. and yeah, words can't describe floating down towards earth.
also; skydiving feels a lot like sticking your head out of your car window going 120~ mph. you never get that falling sensation, it's just super windy and loud. you have to yell to get the air out of your lungs.

man i went snorkeling once in hawaii. my back got so sunburnt because i stayed glued to the reef.

i saw a huge sting ray probably 40 feet deep swimming around. scared the shit out of me desu.
i preferred the shallower water with the sea turtles and tropical fish.
i would love to scuba dive. that is the ultimate frontier. until we get space travel that is.
cheers anonbro

I unironically own 1.1k for the sheer joy of how much more fun it makes meming on Veeky Forums. AMA.

Same but 20k stinky linkies

This is fucking retarded. Sergey had 19k individuals requesting to be node operators and this shit isn't even fully transparent yet. You are a giant faggot.

Lol you are le leddit scuba fag we divers really despise. I have an advanced deep water P A D I certification and over 300 confirmed dives. I have been thought by the best diving schools of sharm-el-sheik and pattaya. I have been at shipwrecks at 40m deep and watching great whites slam to my cage in an enraged appetite. I have seen corals you just dream about in the great reefs of Australia. I have been diving with pure nitrox in my tank and smoking day blunts before diving to 50meters deep, getting higher than on 800micros of acid. I have seen giant sea turtles chilling on the bottom and giant poisonous jellyfish swimming about. I have done things people like you wouldn't even dare dream about.

I also hold 27.5k link and I am going to make it!!!

If link coin moons, no one will want to use Link as an Oracle because it’s too expensive. Game over for Linkcucks.

The serenity of neutral buoyancy in a gentle drift is a rather spiritual experience. It's the closest we can get to weightlessness short of space travel. Using a rebreather would probably make it more immersive, but their recreational use isn't widespread yet.

on that note, every time i go to the beach or swimming. i hyperventilate for a few seconds then blow out all my air and sit on the sand/bottom of the pool.
i love that feeling of weightlessness.

we used to have "Tea parties" at the bottom of the pool when i was a kid. we'd all blow out our air and sit down there and pretend to drink tea/cheers each other.
when im alone i still do it.
i also like it when you tip over sideways. there's no arm rests down there so naturally you tend to fall over. i need to get a pool.

i saw a movie called the cell a long time ago. apparently people with schizophrenia need that weighlesness feeling. the serial killer had a rig where he could float.
my freakin fiance won't even go under water. says it makes her feel claustrophobic.
women.

i need to get into scuba diving. the ocean terrifies me though. it's outer space with monsters.

what are your thoughts on cave diving? that's some wild shit

Can anyone refute this?

normies might not but big business will get to cut out lawyer fees and countless other middle men.

we're safe.

are you retarded or just pretending?

Companies using the Chainlink network won't be using tokens to perform smart contract execution. The token is for node operators to stake as collateral and to make their node more reputable (which will make them more desirable for higher-end contracts). Companies will be paying a usd amount for using the network. If Link is at a higher price, nodes with a smaller amount of Link will be more valuable, because the value of USD staked will be higher as well.

What affects node reputation? Is it just amount staked or a history of past accuracy?

From my understanding accuracy will be a factor in node reputation. Not sure if they have the logistics figured out on how that will be determined yet.

Its a risky investment right now but the premise of the coin is insane.
If we ever get another bullrun you will easily make lots of money with link.

If bitcoin moons normies won’t be able to use it as a currency because the price will become prohibitive.

See the problem? Link is divisible. This argument is an imbecile argument.