If I told you I read Tolstoy's entire bibliography how would you react?

If I told you I read Tolstoy's entire bibliography how would you react?

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/8149570
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I would talk to you only after you've read the entire Dostoevksy.

if you read the english translations? with utter disgust.

Several cases come to mind.

1. I already know you, or know of you:

1.1. I already know that you've read Tolstoy's entire bibliography:
1.1.1. You do not know that I already know: I would or would not inform you of it, depending on the situation.
1.1.2. You know, but have memory problems that I know about: I would or would not remind you of the fact that I already knew this, depending on the situation.
1.1.3. You know, and have no memory problems that I know about: I would ask you why you are bringing up this fact now.

1.2. I do not know that you've read Tolstoy's entire biography:
1.2.1. I know that you can read Russian: I would await your further pronouncements on the subject of Tolstoy.
1.2.2. I do not know whether you can read Russian: I would ask for a confirmation that you can read Russian.
1.2.2.1. Your confirm that you can read Russian: see 1.2.1.
1.2.2.2. You inform me that you cannot read Russian: laugh, spittle, bend, knee-taps.
1.2.2.3. Neither confirmation nor denial comes: as good as a no, see 1.2.2.2.

2. I do not already know you, nor know of you:

2.1. We were engaged in a conversation to which your statement of having read Tolstoy's entire bibliography is relevant: see 1.2.

2.2. We were not engaged in such a conversation:
2.2.1. We were engaged in a different conversation, to which your statement of having read Tolstoy's entire bibliography is not obviously relevant: I would ask you why you are bringing up this fact now.
2.2.2. We were not engaged in any conversation: I would either nod, shrug, or ask what you are hoping to achieve by approaching random strangers with this fact, depending on the situation.

Note: the outcomes to which I have provided alternatives depending on the situation may take into account any such factors as your outwards appearance, poise, behaviour, clothing, sex - apparent or implied, apparent age, smell, voice, medical state, country of origin, etc., in no particular order.

autism speaks

Next.

this is the new sincerity

I'd ask for nudes and then if I was satisfied I would follow it up with a marriage proposal

so long as you are white

will you accept Asian?

that's a pretty adorable sulky ermine
10/10, would pet

reply to

I would take a step backwards and wink a few times then I'd walk away.

I'll never settle for a silver medal

Dude, you should try writing a book and getting something published, I'm not even joking, I think you have serious skill.

how many entire bibliographies have you read Veeky Forums?

Dostoyevsky and Joyce here

Rimbaud. But that's all in one volume.

Do you know all 45 languages used in Finnegans Wake?

once i read amerika i'll have finished kafka's.

seriously consider suicide because even joyce didn't

>mfw generative use of memes

Camus, except a couple volumes of his diaries

Why?

I've read most of the fiction. But theres some stuff that you'd read strictly to be able to say "i've read his bibliography" and that makes you a doofus-- speaking of, I think DFW claimed he read all of Tolstoy.

I would talk to you about the scene in Karenina when Levin and Kitty are writing on the felt or I would mention how interesting it is that in War and Peach, each of the three main characters are associated with a sphere (Natasha has the moon, Andrei has the shell, and Pierre has the blue orb in his dream)

It's good to be thorough.

Can you tell me what you thought of god sees the truth but waits?

is reading bibliographys for the sake of it pleb?

Is that impressive? Dosto fags are the worst, they literally are the same as wes anderson and quentin fags. They should be shot, forgetting a whole nations Veeky Forums in exchange for popularity

>forgetting a whole nations Veeky Forums

Do you have some sort of point

OP is a fag. He wears a rubber bag. And when he plays some counter-strike he has lag lag lag.

I think I have a crush on you. Gonna have to start reading some Tolstoy in case we ever meet.

>HOLY SHIT A TALKING WEASEL
Probably

oh reddit you're so funny

Uncensored fucking where?

>Several cases come to mind.
On a second read this sentence really stands out (in a good way).

i would keep scrolling and not reply but joke's on me

Here's how to sleuth that knowing it's been posted here before:
>use filename > failed
>use dimensions coupled with keywords > found
warosu.org/lit/thread/8149570