Sit in on physics for engineers class to see how easy it is

>sit in on physics for engineers class to see how easy it is
>professor calls gravity a force

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ET0crLpmn1E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They don't care about manifolds and topology in engineers class.

Slow down there autismo

This. Stop being autistic

The word autism is a plague upon this board.

[autism intensifies]

shut up you autist

Gravity causes a force you fag. Engineering concerns itself with real life applications.

Actually no, gravity and «gravity forces» are geometrical properties of the space.

Nobody cares, when designing mechanical systems it is treated as an acceleration that results in a force. I don't consider space time when sizing an elevator counterweight.

>engineers class
Engineers are plebs. Let it go now.

>major in physics, get hardcore physics courses
>no jobs upon graduation, resort to cocksucking for the rest of life

OP here, i'm a diagnosed autist, but I find engineering to be quite enlightening.

At least this story has some merit unlike your Dirac Delta "function" story

>no jobs upon graduation
an what sources do you base that assumption?

>sits in on undergrad course for engineers
how is being a freshman?

Jokes on you I don't even go to college

Very few engineers will ever have to deal with relativistic effects. There is hardly any reason to go into general relativity, especially since the engineers may not know a lot of the math required for it.

Did he also teach how to suck dick efficiently?

>why dont these faggots say geometric accleration along a geodesic caused by curved spacetime when referring to gravity
>duh these filthy plebs
>im so triggered
lamo get aload of this guy

But gravity is a force even for physicists you fag
4 fundamental forces in nature
strong
weak
e/m
gravity

>stop being smart
>stop overthinking
>be generalists like everyone else
>never try to understand understanding what you want to understand
hold on I'm thinking of a word...!

autism is a plague on humanity

> understand understanding what you want to understand
seem like you need to 'rest' for a bit, kevin

His ass.

>He thinks the wave function is actually a function
>laughingmathematicians.jpg

Who has that image of the article about the physics grad that ended up committing suicide?

>sit in a class just to ridicule it

In elementary school I was told you can't subtract a larger number from a smaller one. Later I was told that you can't take the square root of a negative. I was even taught Calculus without first formalizing construction of the reals. Guess what kiddos, the education system starts with simple models based loosely on the history of math. The largest reason is to get to applications quicker - an elementary school student will get pretty fucking bored hearing about Dedekind cuts before learning to multiply and divide. They'll get the impression that math is formal wanking about nothing before finding any use to it.

>I find engineering to be quite enlightening.
does engineering help illuminate the odd interactions between phenomena?

would the forces acting upon the magnet impose a rotation as it slows the decent in the gif?

Not being snoopy but did you read the "geometric acceleration along a geodesic..." somewhere else on Veeky Forums and restating it, or did you just describe that on your own?

Gravity, electromagnatism and the strong force are all fundamental FORCES

this is well known, even amongst engineers.

I know but a month or two ago I commented on a thread saying verbatim what he just said and I'm just curious if he's restating it or if it's just coincidence.

Gravity is a force you mong

That is a distribution, and distributions have been given a rigorous mathematical footing by Schwartz.
The fact that physicists use them in a sloppy way is a different matter.

how to trigger an engineer: act like you're better than them

this thread has more asshurt than a Chipotle bathroom in a white suburb

niceeee

youtube.com/watch?v=ET0crLpmn1E

>falling for the STEM meme

Even literally falling for it, it's like poetry.

Literally

>take a break from bleeding edge String Theory

>poster implies EM and nucleon–nucleon interactions are "forces"

I bet you brainlets can't even derive up quark masses without a strong coupling singularity and d7 branes. Enjoy your unified gauge theory without any matter. Just go outside and play with sticks, you rube.

how are they not functions though? the map objects to other objects as well

I was a physics major. I switched to engineering to take it easy and get my dick sucked.

>how are they not functions though?
They are sometimes called "generalized functions."

The dirac delta 'isn't a function' in the same way that the derivative of a step function 'isn't a function'. Using things like the delta allows you to preserve more information about a function while still being able to take a derivative that isn't nonsense.

If you are getting a physics degree, you need to go to grad school in order to be a useful member of academia. Of course you won't find a job because major companies and research labs don't want to give their positions away to people who haven't specialized in a field relevant to the work.

>gets engineering degree
>actually have a job unlike the people I know who went pure science

wew lads

>Get hired as an engineer
>Suck cocks all say
No thanks

>money vs memes

Yeah, I think I'll take 80k starting over rare pepes, senpai.

Actually, distributions were first used as "general functions" by Sobolev. The development that we follow most closely toay though was independently discovered by Schwarz.

They are functions if you view a functional as a function (as in, they are linear functions on the space of test functions). But, we are talking about treating the dirac delta function as a function in the traditional sense (it's pretty rare in analysis for function to mean anything else, honestly).

Where you living and to which engineering did you switch?
I'm in my second semester physics right, and I absolutely know, I don't want to go into research. I was thinking of switching to EE or computer engineering.
But they seem to be pretty hard too, if I look the load of courses I have to do per semester.
In physics it's just 3 courses per semester. EE contains out of 6.

Living in germany here. I need advice. I can't fucking decide.

Suffer through it now or you will suffer unemployment later.

>OP makes this thread yet wouldn't be able to explain why an engineer would need to know that gravity """isn't a force"""" for all intents and purposes for what an engineer will actually use the information for

OP is mentally challenged, confirmed.

Yeah, but I don't know what I should do. EE, CE or staying in physics?
I guess CE would interest me the most, to be honest. But it also seems more suffering to go through than EE.
I don't even know why I'm in physics. It's not like I planned to be a researcher. It just interested me in some ways. Nothing more.

I can't choose for you. You'll have to make that decision. CE and EE are pretty similar here in the states. If CE interests you then do it, don't worry how it might be hard. If you stay away from things that are hard you'll never progress/

But what if it's a relativistic elevator?

In what shitty university do physics majors get more math than engineers? In my uni we literally share all the math courses and then some, since physics dont take descrete math and shitty probabilty for phy while ebgineers share probablity 1&2 with math undergrads

I think ee is harder than ce, at least at my school the EE do much more complicated analog circuitry, signals and semiconductor stuff whereas CE does mostly digital circuitry and programming which are generally easier imo since more abstracted

hahahahah what the fuck dude, of course physics needs more maths than engineering jesus.

in what fucking world?
kek

In the real world? Are you retarded? What level of maths do engineers need, when a physicist of the highest level has a fields medal.

there are no limits, you use whatever is practical to the job at hand

engineers apply physics knowledge to design things.
which means they need AT LEAST the mathematical tools to understand the underlying physics.
And they also need more knowledge because designing and testing requires more math than modeling.
How does it feel to be inferior?

nice try

absolute bullshit the maths underlying fluid dynamics is extremely high level and engineers know jack about it. Engineers need to know enough maths to interpret the physics not understand it.

>absolute bullshit the maths underlying fluid dynamics is extremely high level and engineers know jack about it.
but we do, and the fact that you think it's advanced math makes my point for me.
What country are you from? I'd like to avoid dealing with engineers from where you are.

> implying fluid dynamics research isn't primarily done by mechanical/aerospace engineers

Why does it matter whether you refer to it as a force, or as a property of spatial geometry?

It's just a semantic difference for heuristic purposes.

Australia, where I'm from our applied maths department is where all the fluid dynamics research is.

thank you for sharing that.
do they also have experimental setup or do they only come up with shit like this

Iktfb, engineers are so fucking stupid

A lot of universities here have it mostly in the aerospace department for experimental fluids (and CFD)
Math for the heavy theory (Navier Stokes magic)
And physics for propulsion and MHD

It's almost like...it's an interdisciplinary field...but nooo that'd be too much

>Be me OP
>bored because I have no friends
>won't study cause whatever
>oh I know I will sit in on a engineering pleb class
>waddle my ass down the campus
>barely get myself through the door and find a seat that fits me
>Professor starts talking about some kind of statics or something don't really pay attention because of hot engineering girl
> women
> STEM
> lol
>Gonna get me some pussy
>"uhh h-hi how are y-you?"
>She FUCKING IGNORES ME
>THAT FUCKING ENGINEERING BITCH ALL EINGINEERS ARE BITCHES
>Professor says "But always account for the gravitational forces when looking at ..."
>gravity
>a force
> Nicetry.jpg
>Try talking to the eng chick again
>"Wow w-what a dumbass p-p-professor he k-knows that gravity isn't a f-force"
>IGNORES ME AGAIN
>FUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HERFUCK HER
>Dash as fast as my 220lbs body can run
>Get on to my austrian basket weaving board
>write about how much this professor
>cry as people keep calling me an autist just like in high school

You do realize that 100 level EP is required (by ABET) to be taught by Physics faculty right?

>tornado_resistant_breed.jpg

Thanks for reminding me about the best thread so far this year.

Ahahaha, what a retard.

>I'm too stupid to google unemployment rates
So much for those practical skills.