What's the cheapest, least complicated, and fastest type of chicken breast or cut or whatever to buy, cook, prepare...

What's the cheapest, least complicated, and fastest type of chicken breast or cut or whatever to buy, cook, prepare, and eat?

I want to start cooking for myself because poverty, but I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort doing it.

>but I don't want to spend a lot of time and effort doing it.

this explains your poverty

Breast isn't cheap. If you want protein, beans are cheapest.

Rotisserie chickens are ok

What kind of beans? How to make them?

Pinto, black, kidney
Soak em overnight and boil, or just straight boil them (takes like 1.5hrs though)

beans are technically the cheapest, but aren't full protein. I don't want to get into the science, but they have half the amino acids normally found in "fuller" protein in foods like chicken breast.

Boneless chicken breast should be 1.99 a pound. You can season it, throw it in your oven and bake it, and be done in ~1 hour.

>What kind of beans?
Any of them. Pinto, black, red kidney, lentils, split peas, black eyed peas, great northern, lima, etc, etc, etc....

>How to make them
Soak overnight in water. Discard the soaking water. Put beans in a pot with aromatic vegetables and some kind of smoked/cured pork product (bacon, ham hock, ham bone, a chunk of ham, whatever...) Simmer until the beans are tender, which usually takes a couple hours.

If you want to save time us a pressure cooker.

As for meat, chicken breast is kinda silly. It's the most expensive cut of chicken. It's also the least flavorful and the most difficult to cook because of how lean it is (it's very easy to have it come out dry). For chicken I suggest boneless skinless thighs. They're cheaper, tastier, and thinner so they cook faster.

>poverty
fucking poorfafs.
Every fucking thead.

Mods, just sticky a poorfag general already. Not everyone is a dreg who couldn't rub two nickles togetger.

>and be done in ~1 hour.
Holy overcooked chicken, batman!

And why bake when you can do it in a pan in much less time with much less energy used?

~1 hour with everything, user, including prep and sides, cleanup, etc. It takes me 20 minutes to bake my chicken, but that's just the chicken part. My post was vague so I understand.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense. I thought you were suggesting that the chicken breast spent a whole hour inside the hot oven.

How to season chicken?

i mix smoked paprika, pepper, salt, and garlic powder into a bowl. i baste my chicken in a small amount of olive oil. then i sprinkle the spices onto the chicken on both sides.

>butter pan
>dump breasts in hot butter
>dump sour cream when cooked through and browned to taste
>now you have sauce for pasta or rice or anything
How complicated can preparation of chicken get anyway ?

Breats are probably the cheapest cut

if you can get boneless thighs for cheap then get that, its the best cut

just do a cornflake breading or something

you really poor then rub it with some oil and spices

However you want. Chicken is a blank slate.
Want something really simple? Just salt and pepper.
Like BBQ? Use paprika, cumin, brown sugar, etc.
Like "Asian"? Ginger, chili, garlic, sesame oil.
Like classic herbs? Rosemary, thyme, sage.
Like curry? Use curry powder.

...it's really up to what you like. Chicken goes well with just about any kind of seasoning.

>Breats are probably the cheapest cut

nah, breasts are usually one of the more higher priced parts of the chicken, if you want to go really cheap you get chicken leg quarters, they sell them around my place at discount grocery stores for like 50 cents a pound or less.

I agree that boneless skinless chicken thighs are probably the best cut, the dark meat in them is less dry than what you would get from a breast.

Cover your chicken breasts in Dijon mustard, lemon juice, black pepper, and garlic powder before cooking it it's the best shit

who /saltnpepperonly/ chicken breast?

part of getting good at cooking is realizing the potential of a stocked pantry. The basic staples like flour, sugar, corn starch, dried grains, dried beans, dried rice, basic cheep spices--cumin, mustered seed or powder, garlic powder, dill, paprikia. If you have a stocked pantry you can make a meal from multiple cuisines from scratch with little effort and cheep.

I did that for a while until I realized I was being a cooklet.

I like to poach chicken breasts. Just add water to about 3/4 an inch above the chicken and add shit to the water to infuse its falvor in the chicken. Typically i'll add a little onion carrot celery garlic and a bay leaf. Just boil the fucker then simmer for ~20 drain the water and let cool. This is your basic bitch chicken working block. Add a jar of salsa and some cumin or shit and boom mexico chicken. Add mayo greek yougurt onion dill and mustard and dope chicken salad. shared it and ad bbq sauce. Or just dredge in whey proten and eat strait like a Veeky Forumsfag