Are there any great novels about celebrity life?

Are there any great novels about celebrity life?

Glamorama

Industrial Society and Its Future

this was one of the worst movies I've ever seen

I loved Glamorama. You kind of have to read Rules of Attraction first to get it's full impact. Also, the first half of Glamorama is slow as fuck.

American Psycho

Mao II, but that's totally specific to literary celebrity

seconded

Mao II is great, but I don't think that's at all what OP is looking for.

It's a brilliant depiction of celebrities.

In case you didn't notice, it's a joke documentary. He's making fun of other celebrities.

Mao II is more about the absorption of the image of the artist and his work into culture.

Kinda works but not exactly.

Read this book expecting a story about a modern harem and got what I wanted. Pretty well written if not ghost written, and a pretty decent morality tale.

yeah I noticed. it wasn' funny. it was boring and shitty

glamorama by bee yee yee
too long but the first half is worth. can skip the second half

No it was perfectly paced and spectacular.

yeah ok i'll make sure to pay only for half the price

Got you senpai

Hate to say it but... Pahlaniuks Invisible Monsters and Damned both lampooned the celebrity lifestyle amusingly enough.

>About the Author
Anna Todd is a writer spending her days in Austin, Texas, with her husband. She has always been an avid reader and boy band and romance lover, so now that she’s found a way to combine the three she’s enjoying living a real-life dream come true. She now knows what life is like when you get to do what you love. She also has a thing for things that begin with T's: Tom Hanks, TOMS, Target...

Find her at AnnaToddBooks.com, on Twitter at @imaginator1dx, on Instagram at @imaginator1d, and on Wattpad as Imaginator1D.
Product Description
Anna Todd (#1 internationally bestselling author of the After series) headlines this unique anthology of “imagines”—the first book of its kind—stories from Wattpad writers that immerse you in a fantasy world of fame, adventure, and flirtation with your favorite celebrities.

Imagine running around the city, dodging paparazzi with Jennifer Lawrence…

Imagine Justin Bieber setting up a romantic scavenger hunt for your anniversary, retelling the story of your love…

Imagine selfies have been outlawed, making Kim Kardashian a freedom fighter who needs your help in bringing justice and good lighting to the people…

Let your fantasies take over! That’s what the top Wattpad authors have done in this special collection of fictional scenarios that bring you up close and personal with the real celebrities you love—star alongside Zayn Malik, Cameron Dallas, Kanye West, Selena Gomez, Dylan O’Brien, Tom Hardy, Jamie Dornan, Benedict Cumberbatch, and many more!

Authors included in the book are Leigh Ansell, Rachel Aukes, Doeneseya Bates, Scarlett Drake, A. Evansley, Kevin Fanning, Ariana Godoy, Debra Goelz, Bella Higgin, Blair Holden, Kora Huddles, Annelie Lange, E. Latimer, Bryony Leah, Jordan Lynde, Laiza Millan, Peyton Novak, C.M. Peters, Michelle Jo Quinn, Dmitri Ragano, Elizabeth A. Seibert, Rebecca Sky, Karim Soliman, Kate J. Squires, Steffanie Tan, Kassandra Tate, Anna Todd, Katarina E. Tonks, Marcella Uva, Tango Walker, Bel Watson, Jen Wilde, and Ashley Winters.

Wattpad is a writing community in which users are able to post articles, stories, fanfiction, and poems about anything either online or through the Wattpad app.

Note: Although this book mentions many real celebrities, they have not participated in, authorized, or endorsed its creation.

Keep up the good work Kendrick poster.
You do you.

>decent morality tale.
such as ''be a whore, but not too much?''

>let's praise a junkie rat whore!!!!!
fucking idiot