The youngest brother in my family refuses to read books even at the threat of getting disinherited...

The youngest brother in my family refuses to read books even at the threat of getting disinherited. Should we threaten to disown him or are there any better ways to get a 13 y.o. to read?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Cristo-Clothbound-Classics-Alexandre-Hardcover/dp/B00IGYT5GM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Introduce him to Harry Potter or something on that level

but then your shitty elitist family will probably disown him for liking something they don't, anyways

just take him into a shed and rape him

if you can't turn him into a reader, might as well turn him into a writer

just make reading appear cool and trendy

Get an extremely short novella by a classic author, find the middle page, and insert a handwritten note titled "Bring me this note or I'll fuck your ass hole." Then give him the book and say "reading will make your life better." When he fails to read the book and find the note, fuck his ass hole, and when he asks why you fuck, say "I told you reading would make your life better." Then keep giving him books.

Don't force him to you autistic fuck

It sounds like he's just trying to escape from his family of aspies

Protip: the more you tell a teenager to do something, the less they want to do it.

>not encouraging excellence in an individual as according to their own merits and skills.
Pressuring a 13 year old will result in the exact opposite happening. Alternately provide him with hyper violent or erotic faire.

Well done lad

this. let him to be a normie.

7 books later and he still does not like reading.
>but then your shitty elitist family will probably disown him for liking something they don't, anyways
get a load of mr. I-did-not-have-a-horrible-childhood

>Alternately provide him with hyper violent or erotic faire.
You. I like you

>7 books and he doesn't like reading

I feel that you need to accept something. He might have other interests, or worse, just be a child.

How about you barbarians simply don't do that?

Seriously though, give him fight club or GRRM.

>Read books or I will write you out of my will

Wait, what the fuck?

>he didn't get his kid started on the greeks
Honestly this is on you.

If someone doesn't read, don't make them.

People who were forced to read as kids when they did not want to, hate reading as adults. Let them discover books later on - if they won't, it'll change nothing.

throw away all Tvs games Internet sports equipment his phone anything he can play with. give him books

>friends with librarian
>talking about her oldest son
>she was reading to him 2-3 hours a day from the time he was 1
>she is incredibly passionate about books and kind of an autist so believe it
>she is incredibly upset because he is now 11 and just declared that he "hates reading"

Buy him this exact edition:

amazon.com/Cristo-Clothbound-Classics-Alexandre-Hardcover/dp/B00IGYT5GM

He's thirteen; it's perfect for him. And please trust me on the edition. I realize it's ever-so-slightly abridged, but get this one anyway. You'll make a book lover of him, OP.

Dumas is utter garbage.

it was good enough for Joyce to learn on

Pleb

Just because its entry level doesnt mean a 13 year old shouldnt read it

This. My grandfather gave me a bunch of Playboys when I was 12 and did nothing but play video games. The short stories eventually led me to reading actual literature. After jerking off 4 times to Miss January, I went to the library for some Bellow and Bradbury because I had read them in that same issue.

I still have 37 issues in my storage unit.

What a haunted family you have, honestly do you not see the humor in well read and intelligent people being unable to handle teenagers?

tell him he's not allowed to read anything.

As someone who grew up under the constant threat of disownment, military school, homelessness, ect, for not actually doing anything wrong, go fuck yourself you shitstain.

I hate this fucking world, too many god damn fuckers in it.
Too many thoughts and different societies all wrapped up together in this fucking place called AMERICA.
Everyone has their own god damn opinion on every god damn thing,
and you may be saying 'Well what makes you so different?'.
Because I have something only me and V have; SELF AWARENESS.
Call it exortenstiolism or whatever the fuck you want.
We know what we are to this world, and what everyone else is.
We learn more than what caused the civil war and how to simplify quadratics in school.
We've been watching you people and we know what you think and how you act.
All talk and no action.
People who are said to be brave or courageous are usually just STUPID,
then they say later that they did it on purpose cause they're brave,
when they did it on fucking accident.
God everything is so corrupt and so filled with opinions and points of view,
and peoples own little agendas and schedules.
This isn't a world any more.
It's H.O.E and no one knows it.
Self awareness is a wonderful thing.

These.

How good must reading actually be if none of you can communicate with a teenager?

>disinheriting your flesh and blood because they don't acquiesce to your meddling attempts at helicopter parenting
Your family is disgusting posturing bourgie trash, you should be ashamed of going along with this.

reading is for nerds

>disinherited

I read a lot as a child and then I pretty much didn't read between learning to orgasm and getting my dick wet.

I think it's natural.

You dissapoint me Veeky Forums, I thought well read as you are you would see the necessity of reading when a child's success depended upon it.

>You dissapoint me Veeky Forums, I thought well read as you are you would see the necessity of reading when a child's success depended upon it.

Thier mockery is not based on not caring or valuing reading but on the poor social skills and lack of empathy you and your family have.

The fact that they seriously think coercing a hormonal teenager is the way to go is pretty damming. I mean even plebs who just read things like the 7 habits would deal with this situation better than your family combined

It's just the psychology of people, there's too much pressure on him being a you and he wants to exercise his freedom in resisting that.

What got me into reading as a kid was the graphic-novel version of "The Hobbit" please don't hate me for mentioning it Veeky Forums.
From there I read the Lord of The Rings and all that and a highschool philosophy course with a really cool teacher and today I'm super interested in smart things,
In all honesty your little bro will likely grow up to be a weird artist type or a drug addict, maybe a bit of both. Or at least I'd subtly push him in that direction cause an artist is probably more respected in society than a boring half-smart-but-doesn't-care autist.

hahahahhaa