Why do most scientists deny what they can't see? Isn't science just the study of tangible matter and energy?

Why do most scientists deny what they can't see? Isn't science just the study of tangible matter and energy?

Philosophy is the study of all that exists. Why aren't you philosophers?

this would almost be valid except there are plenty of unseeable things that are validated
the first picture is actually philosophy and the second science.

>the first picture is actually philosophy and the second science.
skepticism is one of many approaches in philosophy
while for science it's, like the base principle

In the sense that jumping for conclusions regarding experimental data is wrong. Not in denying every idea because we can't "see" it.

Mathematics bruh

*tips fedora*

Really though, science is the study of implementation, what really matters is the practical use of knowledge and whether it has meaning for society.

>Why aren't you philosophers?
Because we have no time to spare: we're busy making humanity actually advance instead of jerking around with some fruitless mental masturbation.

pure mathcucks would like to disagree with you

>deny what they can't see?

Strawman. They deny what they can't test or verify. It's pointless to argue over something that can't be demonstrated to exist.

>Le Math is uselesss XDDDD meme
Kiss your sister then kill yourself. The only reason that we are able to advance science in the first place is due to our ability to advance the fundamental language of the sciences:mathematics.

>mathematics isn't useful
Whatever help you go through your shift at McDonalds.

Philosophy is an outdated term that shouldn't be used anymore.

>pure mathcucks
learn to read

If that were true, we wouldn't have discovered anything because everything would stay as hypothesis.

Expect hypotheses that turn out to be accurate can be demonstrated to be true.

> hypotheses that turn out to be accurate
How do you know if it's not testable ? What do you do if you theorize the existence of electrons but you can't test or verify them ? Do you just put it to the trash ?

You put it to the trash until you find a way to test for them. Until then you must assume they don't exist.

I am jerking around with some fruitless mental masturbation of protein dynamics desu.

SCIENCE

>Science is irrelevant and nothing can be proven because we're all just pre-programmed holograms projected into the brain cavity of a gigantic turtle skull

Philosophy has been degraded to squabbling about language en “meaning”.
I.e. talking about whether the things you know are actually known or are just your idea of knowing without actually knowing whether you can know anything at all, you know?

Tl;dr: circle jerking and thinking that’s pretty smart.

Science is basically empiricism to the max. With amazing results. And not just the obvious ones like the discovery of the Higgs or landing a craft on a comet. Every single thing in your life has been improved by science. Transportation, health care and medicine, food production, education, communication, entertainment and so on. Meanwhile providing a deep and fundamental understanding of biology, chemistry, physics and history.

A little gratitude would be nice.

You're Krauss, I'm Einstein.

>mfw OP also made a post on Veeky Forums with the image being reversed and philosophy made to look bad

Pic related is the only real true version

Ebin meme m8 I'm sure you'll b8 someone, don't give up!!

I fucking hate Krauss so goddamn much, fucking manlet baldlet with annoying nasal voice.

People that are naturally irritating like him should just be killed. Fucking baldlet.

I don't understand, why do you people need to split the two as if they are separate entities. Philosophy and Science are interchangeable in my humble opinion. We should learn, work, create and improve while using both. We have no need for dualism, not in the scientific community at least.