What are your opinions on transhumanism Veeky Forums? Are your for or against human animal hybrids?

What are your opinions on transhumanism Veeky Forums? Are your for or against human animal hybrids?

I support it and I guess I don't have a problem with hybrids

I appreciate the /thread OP.
I'm a pretty memecore transhumanist so I've hopped on the cyborg bandwagon
Never heard about animal hybrid shit, but whatever keeps our consciousness going legitimately fucking do it.

I'd say it would make our species less lonely in a way. Other intelligent life to fraternize with even if we created them.

I just support us fucking with nature

The human animal hybrid movement is for combining human and animal DNA to create a new species, perhaps one with sentience though many people on the religious side are against it calling it "a crime against nature" or wrongfully "Playing God".

Whatever keeps us sapient the longest sure

and kek

The human cyborg method would be the quickest way achieve immortality or become one with the digital world. That seeme like a nice route to take.

Transhumanism is cyborgs

Then what would human animal hybrids be?

Cyborgs immortality would be some hot shit but fuck the idea of "becoming one" with the digital world.
A physical brain transitioning to a digital one is the same as a brain dying. It's just death.

The problem with that is that the digital world will be owned by Google.

The thing that interests me most about transhumanism is the community. The way I see it, most people apart from the academics and people who actually get shit done (people in Cryogrenics) are just on the memetrain and are just uberconsumers, waiting for the next dope product to entertain them.

im sure that gif is against the rules. probably even illegal

So if you gradually altered the composition of the brain over time, you would still end up dying and the only thing left would be the machine self?

I haven't seen a warning or anything yet.

Thats it. But its always been like it, man.

That's a good point. In some of the best treatments I've seen, at least in memeville transhumanism is the transcendence concept. I'm fine with augmentations, and accelerating our capacity to learn things, but integrating our consciousness with computers and pretending anyone would be happy there is a pipedream the likes of Huxley never thought of.

I support it but then again im sorta crazy. I'm not against any form of human modification no matter how radical or hairbrained as long as it's voluntary and I can laugh/marvel at the results.

That's Theseus' Ship for you.

if we dont play god who will?

True but think about the ability to create manipulate the world around you. You would metiphorically be a digital version of God if you knew what you were doing. But aside from that, there isn't really a point.

not necessarily

If that's the case, then the only way to know for sure would be to be conscious through the whole process but even then, how would you know whether or not you were conscious the whole time?

We already do that. VR and AR is one thing, but pretending to one day transfer our minds, apart from our bodies, into machine code is Riddiculous.
>We are our bodies
>Computers are cool
>But do you really want to Internet THAT hard for ETERNITY?

You misunderstand, I think.
The point is that it's impossible to identify a thing apart from its characteristics or components. The whole problem of Theseus Ship was designed to display the way we think about identity. We don't think much of small, gradual changes, but when we consider the large scale we have some problem with identifying things as the same.
>Theseus' Ship was the ship that the sailed home
>Repairing it keeps it afloat
>Once the entire boat has been replaced, it's not the ship they road home, really
>Especially if you build a "new" ship from the romoved, rotten boards and planks.

egoic drug-fueled nonsense

You make fair points, but there has to be some way to remain the same as you were whether we know of it or not. Perhaps it might be possible to turn something made digitally into a physical object?