Is it true that education is free for even foreign students in Germany? I have done applied economics BA in Estonia...

Is it true that education is free for even foreign students in Germany? I have done applied economics BA in Estonia, but would like to get my master's in either finance or something related to real estate. Any germans to help me out?

It's totally free, although I wouldn't recommend studying there unless you speak atleast basic German, as Germans aren't that good at English, or any language that isn't German.

it is free, mostly. like 11-150eur per semester.

most MSc degrees are taught in English now. everybody speaks English, unless you mean at the supermarket - but you should be able to buy your shit without speaking the language.

how do they accept students? do they look at previous GPA or is there a test?

there's usually a mean grade requirement you have to fulfill. other than that, it depends on the uni you want to go to. some require a German test, most require a TOEFL test, there's vastly differing formal requirements depending on what school you're coming from.

Up to 300 Euro per semester. It is not that free anymore as it used to be in the sixties and seventies. You will have to have a job while studying.

Are you brown?

No the guy you're replying. I'm brown and now i'm interested.

Kids in germany are taught english since they are 8 years old. Literally everyone I know can at least have a short conversation about a normal topic. Your claim is bullshit.

lol
half the people I've met in germany don't speak a word of english
maybe that only started recently.

It also depends on where you are in Germany. People in the Nort and East are less likely to speek good english since their school education is not as good as in southern/western Germany.

Is that a requirement

is that right?
ok then, the more I know
I've been in berlin and dresden, so I guess it makes sense

what kind of brown?

Living costs in German cities are insane, unless you have family there willing to put you up it will probably end up being cheaper to study in Estonia.

i wish i lived in germany, here in swedestan shit is 3x more expensive

The best kind

Yeah, but soon you'll at least have a lower % of non-whites burning your shit down.

german here
18 years old and i'm fully capable of understanding anything in english

First year med student in Southern Germany from a shit-tier EU country, they look at your GPA (converted to the german grading system, obviously) and you need a DSD/TOEFL/DaF for any major taught in german. Food is cheap, rent is really the only expensive thing, consider yourself lucky if you get anything under 300 euro. English really isn't their strong suit though.

>it is free, mostly. like 11-150eur per semester.

I'm paying abouit 310 Euro per semester himbre.

>Hamburg

Schön für dich Du besondere Schneeflocke.
Schriebst Du auch auf 9gag womit Du dich identifizieren kannst & womit nicht?

I don't see why Germans would speak worse English than any other non-English speaking (mother language) country.
I'd guess Germans speak better English than most.

it's fairly cheap, but it would require the downside of living in Germany.

>9gag
nein aber auf Pr0

Dir würde ich gleich dicken - Benis geben Du Nubble

Kids in Germany are also proud of being bad in school.

Thanks, Google translator.

How is this related to pol It's just a simple, non-argumentative and non-inflammatory post.

muh rapefugees le eu=hitler economic 4th reich, and so on.

Don't look for a specific logic, m8.

I'm going to Ulm for Advanced Materials. The school is completely in English however I am studying German. Yeah tuition is completely free and the rent is really reasonable, half as much as I'm paying now in the US

>I wouldn't recommend studying in a foreign country as they speak a foreign language there
What on earth are you doing on Veeky Forums?

Yeah the problem would rather be that Germany is not very english friendly and signs and manuals and all written stuff isn't bilingual and only written in german.

Also germans generally don't like people who live in germany but don't speak german.

>Rent is reasonable

Funny because our current politics are all about how the rents are becoming unpayable.
How much do you pay a month?

Hauptschüler maybe

Germany (especially Bavaria rural region) is a pretty beautiful country though. I'd recommend studying in Regensburg as it's a fairly good University, bit living expenses are also pretty cheap. Try immobilienscout24.de to find something to rent

I have relatives who live in Mittenwald, any good universities in Germany I can commute to from there you think? Seems like Austria is closer

>Germany

Sure if you wanna get shot up

Yeah Austria is prolly smarter. On the other hand Munich is also pretty close and it's by far the best and reputavle university in germany

Well currently in the US I'm paying about $400+ utilities. It is a house but even apartments aren't any better price-wise. In Germany I'm looking at about $215-330 which includes utilities

for how mmany square meters living space?

You also have to keep in mind that 400$ is about 350€

But yeah you got some cheap stuff there. Usually rent in germany is at least 400€ p.m. and also for a single apartment.

>And nobody but the shooter was killed
Sound like it went rather well.