So I constantly see comments about Frankenstein specifically with people calling the monster Frankenstein...

So I constantly see comments about Frankenstein specifically with people calling the monster Frankenstein, and someone says "Knowledge is knowing Frankenstein isn't the monster, Wisdom is knowing Frankenstein is the real monster."

I always read this and get confused. What exactly makes Victor a monster? He just seems like a scientist who made some really bad choices and runs away from his mistakes. That doesn't sound like a monster. That sounds like a human. I mean if he Victor is a monster, aren't most people monsters?

They don't know how to react to certain situations, so they escape it?

Not only that, but every time he didn't stop the monster he came to a logical conclusion why to not do it. He could have built the monster a bride, but he feared that it wouldn't like the monster and he had created two monsters, that seems logic to me.

So don't be so quick to call him a monster for what he has done, because we all are monsters just as much as he is for our past mistakes.

What is your take on this? Am I just thinking nonsense or are you a monster too?

>reading women

You don't belong here.

Also, it's liberal trash

>made some really bad choices

more than that, he transgresses nature, hence the reference in the book to the albatross, like in rime of the ancient mariner

and he aborts the lady monster right in front of the 1st monster, pretty sick m8

ultimately he has a duty to the creature he creates, which he does not fulfil

He lets some poor maid get hanged just because explaing about the monster would be awkward

Victor is not a monster, even if he's not really a hero either. I don't think it makes sense to force that kind of interpretation on the book.

Can't tell if trolling or just stupid.

The soft-on-Victor attitude exhibited in the OP and the media is exactly why Trump is doing so well in 2016.

What the fuck are you even trying to say?

>aren't most people monsters?
Yes.

Victor treated his creation poorly and violated the Creator/Creation universal contract.

>decides to knowingly go too far and make something he knows he shouldn't

>makes it
>is disgusted and flips the fuck out

>finds out it killed someone
>GRRRR but says nothing

>lets maid take rep for killing boy because DIRRRR

>refuses to aid monster
>aborts the wife in front of him

Victor is a fuckhead

I don't think anything confused me more in literature than when Victor, after devoting so many years to his creation, straight ditches him as soon as he comes to life and goes to bed. Then homeboy just forgets about it. FOR TWO YEARS. I mean he was sick and all, but it was literally just "oh well he climbed out the window. that's that I guess."

Post partum depression is what's implied

Victor couldn't handle being a "mother" and slipped into the depression some face that lets them kill the child, themselves, etc

Don't take that tone with me, Omar. Just name a time and place and I'll fuck you up.

Easy there, John!

>I mean if he Victor is a monster, aren't most people monsters?
What makes you think this isn't true?

I mean it was basically the entire theme behind Frankenstein.

Kek, Allah be upon you

It's worth noting that the monster murdered half of Victors family and burned that farmers house down. Granted it wasn't without cause but Victors mistakes weren't without cause either. There's no clear cut hero or villain in the story because both Victor and the monster are tragic characters.

how did hollywood fuck this up so bad?

Been a while since i read it, but i vividly remember hating Victor when he killed the female in front of the creature. Though that chase at the end was pretty sick. I liked when the creature left a dead rabbit so Victor could go on

>calling the creature Frankenstein
Did you even read the book?

Are you spastic?

>violated the Creator/Creation universal contract.
Must have missed my copy of that one

I hate this book so much, so simple and didactic