Is there any aerodynamic advantage in running like Naruto?

Is there any aerodynamic advantage in running like Naruto?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wuK8fdwzLhw
youtu.be/l1eUuwm6fo4
youtube.com/watch?v=KasJjuuaCiM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Apparently a very slight one, but you lose all the efficiency of swinging your arms so end up way behind

This, the counterbalancing your arms perform as you walk or run allows you to walk/run faster/more efficiently.

Arguably yes, however the speed needed to notice should be faster then any person could reasonably ever run.

There are a few things that are argued, key word argued as just because the principles makes sense does not mean it matters given the values needed.
1. smaller frontal cross section, lower drag
2. slopped interface allows air to slid off rather then bouncing, lower drag
3. slopped interface deflects some air down as lifting force effectively lower the vertical force needed to move, thus more leg energy can be used for horizontal motion

It all about the values, after all I make arcs of plasma with my silk cloths, this doesn't mean I can use my silk suit to melt down bank vault doors.

I am in no way a Biologist or Doctor or whatever person who would be more qualified to comment, but as a sprinter, arm movement aids in leg movement in generating acceleration. Naruto's running method puts all the work on the legs, so I'd imagine one would tire out more quickly than someone being able to accelerate their body than with just their legs.

Also I'd imagine being hunched forward is bad on the back, visibility, and ability to quickly make turns or adjustments to direction in general.

you niggers forget something

when you run like that, you're basically falling all the time and you run to catch up and balance it, and running is a matter of advancing your foot and resisting a fall. If you have trouble imagining it, it's like running downhill.

whereas when you run with a straight back, you have to push with on your feet to advance.

When you run with a straight back, you're supposed to be pushing forward with your entire body. When like Naruto, you're taking your entire midsection out of the equation and are not using your body as it was intended. You will not be able to get to a high top speed and you will not be able to maintain that speed for very long and you won't be able to do this many times a day/week over a long period of time.

Besides, your arms in a terrible place to defend yourself. If you're playing football for example, you won't be able to side arm or juke people. If you're a hunter in Africa trying to hunt things, you can't hold a spear or literally anything else. It's an extremely inefficient way of running for a myriad of reasons.

I don't agree with you, you have literally 0 arguments while I have physical arguments.

What I have is experience running and sprinting for a variety of different sports. I understand how to generate explosive ability which Naruto's method has zero of.

youtube.com/watch?v=wuK8fdwzLhw

Watch how high those knees get. When you sprint, you need to use your abdominal muscles to generate power and to raise your leg upwards. Naruto's method cannot do this. There is absolutely no generation of power. And as I said, the running style is extremely limiting to anyone not just running from A to B.

This is why I come to Veeky Forums

Jesus Christ this hurt my head to read though.

The original reason for running like this was so that you wouldn't stab yourself when carrying a sword. If it were actually faster then why don't the Olympians run like autistic 12 year olds.

>this whole post

What gain in drag doesn't even remotely compare to the losses you have to take for running inefficiently human biology wise. You for example can't make as big as steps and jump that far in that position. If this was really the most efficient way of running, everyone at Olympia would do it. And if you really are only about minimizing drag, just curl into a ball and hop forward. That's the movement type with the least drag?

Is there any aerodynamic advantage in running like Sabretooth?

youtu.be/l1eUuwm6fo4

This. Sprinting 101 teaches you to lean as far forward as possible when you are accelerating. Assuming one's legs are strong enough to continuously accelerate, sprinting like Naruto is the most efficient way known to man.

That actually seems really hard and painful.

>not using your body as it was intended.
wut
>Watch how high those knees get.
Sounds like wasted energy.

IKR

Is there any aerodynamic advantage in running like Sonic?

Because I gotta go fast.

Of course.
As you lean forward to begin your autistic dash, you'll notice female bodies begin to move quickly away from you following Bernoulli's principle.

youtube.com/watch?v=KasJjuuaCiM

Yes, but you have to reach a speed threshold to take advantage of it. I'm not gonna bother doing it, but if you measure the distance between the leaf and the sand in a map, you can use the 3 days they took to reach there running to know their speed. Those dudes are running at like 150mph. If you ran that fast swinging your arms would be energy consuming, while if you relaxed them they would float behind you due to drag. Then, it makes only sense to bend forward to minimize your overall drag surface.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
oh god this whole thread
HAHAHAHAH oh shit

>Wow I need to run but I'm afraid I'll accidentally hit something with this sword
>I guess I'll just put it as far out of my line of sight as I can
>What could go wrong

No, it's just a meme.

Judging by the Naruto eye test, when moving from tree to tree in the forest, even the lowest tier ninjas move at highway speed. At 60-70 mph, the aerodynamic advantage may actually be more beneficial than the increased torque produced from your arms.

there is no increased torque
you're not supposed to force on your arms when you sprint, that's a big misconception. You should just let them move naturally.

Yes, he's spherical you brainlet

Yes.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahhahahahahahhah