Just read this and thought it was absolutely beautiful. Read it, Veeky Forums

Just read this and thought it was absolutely beautiful. Read it, Veeky Forums.

>nyrb

Yeah, it's probably good.

ok

Come on, give us some more details. You bothered to make a thread but can't be arsed to write one sentence about why you liked it or how it's special?

I believe OP because all the NYRB books I've read have been phenomenal

>if the establishment prints it, it can't be bad
Don't you pseuds have some Criterion releases to jerk off to?

>written by a women

intothetrash.jpg

Here we go, the moment something becomes popular people have to hate it. An endless cycle of jerking and counter-jerking.

It's has an idyllic setting, memories of being young and exploring your environment, and it doesn't romanticize family life but doesn't disparage it either. Very nice read.

NYRB Classics have been well-loved on Veeky Forums since at least 2011. Stoner probably contributed to the more recent popularity surge here.

I love Tove. I still go back to the Moomin books from time to time. There's absolutely nothing like them they make me so happy.

NYRB is actually quite good at choosing worthwhile literature.

>counter-jerking

I know this is troll, but I have to say some of the best books I've read were written by women, and for some reason they seem to be more prolific than men when it comes to translating as well

You earned +5 tolerance points!

Your Veeky Forums moral ranking is now: Acceptable Human Being (36 pts accumulated so far)

In your next post, please say something positive about the Negroes to receive a mystery bonus

>I know this is troll
>discussing tove jansson
>troll
seems appropriate

my "translation" sense is tingling

i will not waste my time with this

>more prolific then men

>in translating

k-e-k

This is the most wrong statement I've ever heard though, you can't be nice to women just cause it pleases your world view.

Men have translated almost every single major latin, greek work, german work, russian work, spanish work, etc etc.

Men have translated everything, how can you say prolific.

It's only in the last 100 years that women have been receiving an equal education if that, and now to be frank.

Way ahead of you.

Is there anything like it? I don't feel reading her cartoons, sorry.

> most wrong

sweetheart

I can believe nyrb has been great to all of you but it doesn't make this sort of statement any less objectionable