How do you define intelligence?

How do you define intelligence?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=F2bQ5TSB-cE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Innovative application of knowledge.

Problem-solving quality of the brain. This is essential quality of the brain to survive and adapt in the wild life.

something you don't have

Applied memory

What if yiu have two men.

One learns very fast, but is the "smart but lazy" kind and has little knowledge.

The other learns slower then the others, but has a bigger general knowledge.

Who is smarter?

The ability to masturbate over the internet.

The ability to use google, wikipedia, or failing that, a dictionary.

Knowledge is not intelligence, otherwise a simple book can be smart as fuck.

More like: How do you define creativity?

It's a person's ability to take what's around them and make something entirely new from it. In theoretical physics, to take an observation and create an immutable mathematical understanding from it.

How do I mold mine clay? Mine clay the thought. That'll show you what the definition of intelligence is based upon. The more ways that a person can mold his or her clay, the greater intelligence adherent.

The latter is more knowledgable. Sigh

>mathematical
>understanding
kek

By who can get the most (You)'s on Veeky Forums

Understanding numeracy's about all you have to do. 1 pebble creates 5 waves, varying in height. One paper cup filled with water weighs almost 3 eggs.

One human hand consists of blah blah blah lots of stuff. Easy to understand, just by observing the facts.

Intelligence isnt about crunching numbers and memorizing facts. It's about smoking tobacco, watching children's cartoons, and telling everyone on the Internet how buzzed you are

I don't.

intelligence is described, not defined.

I recognize intelligence as when something is alive, and has survival-routines.

Higher intelligence is apparent when a life-form starts questioning why, how and where they should do what they do. As in making elaborate plans, collaborating socially, and learning from mistakes.

There probably aren't many ants with scientific professions, but they are small beings in a big world, and that is a factor. Climate, atmosphere content and density are just a few of the many factors that make up the framework from which all life on our planet has based its evolution. If there were man-sized ants living in an enclosed environment for thousands of years, they, too, might start appreciating the finer points in life.

>they, too, might start appreciating the finer points in life.
In 4,000,000,000 years no other organism has followed our evolutionary path and there's no reason to think any ever will.

Self reliance.

senses are using to register facts about reality. knowledge -- to storing that facts. and intelligence -- to operate that facts to creating alghoritms to solve problems (i.e. how to transform state A of the system to state B through a series of executed facts -- steps).

Primates and humans have two hands and two legs. This makes us flexible, and gives us the ability to fashion and utilize many tools, and shape our surroundings.

One could argue that the less we had to physically exert ourselves, the less our body was stimulated to grow muscle-mass. The excess energy we naturally produced would be funneled to improve our cerebral functions, and in that circumstance the brain starts doing more work, having more thoughts, opinions, ideas and preferences.

As far as I know, humans today have less muscle-mass and bone-density than our ancestors just a few thousand years back in time. Most people can't sit comfortably in a squat position, because they don't have enough tissue between the heel and the ankle. Much can be trained, but the life of a muscle-brute and a Ph.D Philosopher are quite dissimilar in both focus, practicality and potential.

I'm going to stop typing, now.

The first is still smarter, the second is just more educated.

die

An agent's ability to achieve goals in wide range of environments youtube.com/watch?v=F2bQ5TSB-cE

Personally, I believe it all comes down to what you're applying the men to.

I would rather go with the slow one that's more knowledgeable than go figure something out with the lazy 1st man.

Who is more intelligent? An IQ 65 Autist who can solve differential equations and complicated integrals in seconds in his head, but can't tie his shoes, or someone with a 120 IQ who makes B's in every course?

Intelligence is the absorption rate of glucose in the brain, i.e., IQ - which for the most part is fixed. Not to be confused with smart, which is a bit harder to quantify.