What is the most dangerous philosopher to follow? What will fuck your shit up the worst?

What is the most dangerous philosopher to follow? What will fuck your shit up the worst?

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/3751954
youtube.com/watch?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Leftism. It'll turn you into a cuck

Stirner/Ayn Rand/Objectivism

It's how to become a deranged apathetic loser and how to justify that while simultaneously denying the facts of humans as social animals that rely on community

Stoicism. It'll turn you into a cuck.

The most dangerous philosophy is the redpill.

It'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. It'll change you forever. Nothing will be the same.

You have been warned

You both have brain problems. Neither of those are philosophers.

Critical Theory. Especially Adorno. Not exactly dangerous to follow in his practices. But it will ''fuck your shit up'', if you dedicate yourself to understanding it. It is a truly dreary, pessimistic perspective on a humanity which is no longer human. On an individualist world with no individuals and the total and absolute alienation of the individual.

Stirner or Ayn Rand.

Ayn Rand.

not an argument.

also, stefan molyneux. he'll turn you into a cuck.

Ayn Rand and Stirner. A daring synthesis.

Imagine being so triggered by /pol/ you start to shitpost uncontrollably every day for weeks on Veeky Forums. Here's your (you). How's the Bern going?

>"I can't comprehend someone who shares a different world-view than my bluepilled brainwashing - he must be parodying those views!"

t. Carl the cuck

ugh, you're so 2012

>ugh

You're so tumblr I can smell your roastbeef from here

You are that mentally ill kid in school who keeps repeating jokes and no one's laughing and you think if you say it again someone will laugh but no one ever does. It just shows how triggered by /pol/ and /r9k/ shitposting you are, to such a degree your main occupation becomes "satirizing" it. Go take out another loan to donate to Bernie, cuckboy.

Its not an argument. Also who ever you posted is a blogger.

You're the one who sounds triggered, kid.

Also, I would never vote for a communist.
Now fuck off back to plebbit if you want a safe space

>Following a philosopher
haha

Nietzsche, up to a point

I haven't gotten involved in Adorno as much as other critical theorists, but I feel this. Its most evident in other individuals though, because so far every person I've encountered who engages heavily in critical theory has been one of the most snide, elitist, and aggressive individuals I've ever had the displeasure of engaging with.

Continental. You'll learn how to be offended by anything and everything by simultaneously accepting that the will to power is everywhere and despising it and people who exercise it.

Hegesias, the death-persuader.

>He argued that happiness is impossible to achieve, and that the goal of life was the avoidance of pain and sorrow. Conventional values such as wealth, poverty, freedom, and slavery are all indifferent and produce no more pleasure than pain. Cicero claims that Hegesias wrote a book called Death by Starvation, which persuaded so many people that death is more desirable than life, that Hegesias was banned from teaching in Alexandria.

Hegesias, the Death-Persuader.

>He argued that happiness is impossible to achieve, and that the goal of life was the avoidance of pain and sorrow. Conventional values such as wealth, poverty, freedom, and slavery are all indifferent and produce no more pleasure than pain. Cicero claims that Hegesias wrote a book called Death by Starvation, which persuaded so many people that death is more desirable than life, that Hegesias was banned from teaching in Alexandria.

>death takes us away from the bad, not the good. ... Indeed the Cyrenaic Hegesias argued for this so eloquently that it is alleged he was forbidden by King Ptolemy to make those statements in his classes because many on hearing them committed suicide... There is a book by Hegesias entitled The Man Starving Himself to Death in which someone dying of self-starvation is called back by his friends, and in answer to them he enumerates the unpleasant aspects of human life. I could do the same, although less emphatically than he, for he thinks that living is to absolutely nobody's advantage, whereas I say nothing about other people, only asking whether it is to my advantage.

jstor.org/stable/3751954

see below-

This. Or Althusser. Marxist philosophy is uncompromisingly bleak at times, but also addictive because it's easy to apply to your life.

It somehow made me more cynical than I already was (and I started reading Marxist shit after college, where I majored in philosophy and was already a jaded/pessimistic piece of shit).

The only man I've ever envied.

>ywnb this edgy

Jesus Christ

Does Ligotti count?

Oh yeah, please no don't turn me into a successful business man or politician. Oh god noooo

I don't want to use the fedora meme, because the fedora meme just kills any discussion, but Christ's teachings are pretty solid even with a secular reading.

Yeah Rand produced such great leaders as Paul Ryan

Top kek

>anyone successful following stirner
kek
>randians
Are universally despised, and with good reason. Following Rand is a great way to die friendless.

Alternatively, what is the best philosophy to unfuck your shit up/ achieve peace of mind

Except young people on the right have less friends. If anything, it's the exact opposite.

Workers believing they should retain the fruits of their labor are "cucks"?

You are too stupid to breathe.

Honestly, if you're going to bitch about how your ideology costs you friends and a love life, you probably should consider where you throw around the word cuck. Because you're a cuck.

>stirner
The thing is successful people could be following Stirner and we wouldn't know it because Stirner's philosophy isn't meant to be preached.

>having less friends is a bad thing
Quality over quantity.
>Right Wing people lose friends
No one cares if you're right or left wing. If your political alignment is your entire personality and your friends care more about your political alignment than they do you, they aren't your friends cuck boy.

Thank you for refraining as I meant that with all the respect for the Great Saviour of souls.

>Quality over quantity.

In other words, don't befriend people you disagree with. Weak and pathetic, pointless.

>No one cares if you're right or left wing. If your political alignment is your entire personality and your friends care more about your political alignment than they do you, they aren't your friends cuck boy.

Sounds like a lot of the alt-right doesn't have friends, then. Which is no surprise because they say as much in their inconsistent diatribes between blogging and believing.

Kant

Both people on the alt left and the alt right have little to no friends because the only people who want to be friends with either of them is themselves and people on the alt left and alt right. You can't have blue hair, a gender equality shirt for your sixteen genders, nose piercings, and a Blacklivesmatter wristband on and expect to make friends just like you cant walk around with a t shirt that says BUILD A WALL, khakis, meme shoes, and a fedora.
>In other words
There is no in other words. Make quality friends who will stick by you even if they are a republican and you're a leftist. Make friends not feel good living hug pillows. Friends who wont judge you because you like Trump and they like Bernie. Friends dont hate eachother over stupid shit like politics. Real Friends are supportive even if they disagree with you. If your friends put you down every chance they get when it comes to something they disagree with as opposed to just saying "I don't like that and heres why" then they aren't quality friends.

Nietzsche

Nothing matters, so face the world and its pains with glee like a true ubermensch and rise above the bullshit

Trust me, the alt-right has less friends.It isn't even up for debate.

You'll jus go crazy dude

Hegel - Learn from History, be less of a fuck up.
Nietzsche - Rise above drugs, pain, suffering and do what needs to be done for you.
Stirner - identify things which could fuck your shit up or put you into a position where someone uses you and it fucks your shit up
Stoicism - Virtue and Strength, Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed, Accept things as they come, Face reality.
Your Own - Make your own philosophy when you learn that you can't really apply most philosophies to real life situations including but not limited to work, school, and solving real life problems that aren't existential or metaphysical.

Yeah but saying the alt left has more friends is like saying the alt left has more friends because more people are on the alt left. Alt left people don't have many friends outside of their alt left circles and media sites like tumblr, the same can be said for the alt

alt right*

Fewer.

The problem is by design the alt-right alienates more people, they're repulsive as possible by design. That makes them more unpleasant to be around in terms of actual friendships. I'm not saying anything of the left, I'm talking about the right.

They're cucks.

This is very true, my sensibilities are closest to the alt-right at this point in time but I hide my power level in "polite society". The far right and far left are both ridiculed by the vast majority of people who fear to stray too far from the dominant 'college liberal' ideology.

I find once I've made good friends we can discuss politics rationally and accept our different opinions and value systems that inform those opinions. You need an open forum with people with opposing views or else they simply become a demonised "other" and you will be stuck in your echo chambers, unable to grow and learn new things on politics outside of your respective hugboxes.

Both are repulsive. You are just blind to how repulsive the alt left is. Its hard to have actual friendships with someone who brings up gender politics every time you see them or some form of identity politics.
>They're cucks
You do realize that the left by 4chans meme definition advocates for being a cuck? Giving up your rights for another persons, Giving up your freedoms for anothers.The alt right aren't cucks they are betas,fedora lords, or edgy teens.

In the end the most mature political views are the ones that are a sensible balance of both right and left. Either leaning one way or the other but not entirely closed off to the ideas of either side.

How'd freshman year go?

Stoicism

>Both are repulsive. You are just blind to how repulsive the alt left is. Its hard to have actual friendships with someone who brings up gender politics every time you see them or some form of identity politics.

No I said I'm specifically not talking about the left.

>You do realize that the left by 4chans meme definition advocates for being a cuck?

So does the right, they problem it isn't by their own choice.

>In the end the most mature political views are the ones that are a sensible balance of both right and left. Either leaning one way or the other but not entirely closed off to the ideas of either side.

Why are you arguing with me over the balance of politics when I just said the alt right is full of cucks.

You're agreeing with me.

no u

>No one cares if you're right or left wing.
Spoken like a true basement dweller.

Nick Land

josef albers nigga

Why the snark bruv?

L. Ron Hubbard

more recs for bleak philosophers? I hear Baudrillard hates the human race.
>t. someone whose knowledge of continental comes from Veeky Forums
Nietzsche

Pre philosophical tought in general

I like Hegel very much but he brings no peace of mind whatsoever.

>Nietzsche - Rise above drugs, pain, suffering and do what needs to be done for you.
What the fuck? Nietzsche was literally a drug addict.

He forged prescriptions to get his opiate and downer fix.

So like Taoism and Zen?

Pentti Linkola

The thread is over

>while simultaneously denying the facts of humans as social animals that rely on community
Confirmed for never reading Stirner; fucking retard.

nice reading comprehension nerd

Yes. Hinduism, Pre-Socratic greek philosophy, and to some extent neo-platonism and alchemy are all most valid paths that, if correctly followed, will free one from all sorrows, both great and small

youtube.com/watch?v=tE_5Y9IKCk0

>actually responding to the tripcuck instead of filtering him

wew

Bitch

Stronger men than I have been driven insane by Hegel.

Either Aristotle, Siddharta Gautama, or Diogenes

WHO IS TO SAY THAT INSANE PEOPLE ARE TRULY INSANE???????

Philipp Mainländer

this, yung phil is the highest level of pessimism that has been achieved

Lizst, Chopin

The most dangerous philosopher in the West.

Based Scotland's brave Hume

Realize nothing can be certain, but just choose to ignore it and live your life

tripfag leftist cuck arguing vs strawmen on Veeky Forums and he's barely getting called out for it. guess the alleged /pol/ invasion isn't that real after all.

How do I filter the word cuck?

Right? It's getting so fucking old.

>Literally wanting to self-censorship yourselves from opposing views because they are hurting your feelings.

Emerson fucks your shit entirely up. And when it lands you have peace.

it's not about that, it's literally the word "cuck" that is ageing quickly.

quicker than autism

kil urself

t. the hegman

take the redpill, moron. Cucking is an appropriate term for leftists who want to see THEIR white women BLACKED

lmao 'cuck' is an 'opposing view'? like, "yeah good point but have you considered KEK KEK KEK KEK? i'm super insecure about my sexual desirability and status so i say cuck all the time because it hurts me when people say it to me so it must hurt other people just as much when i say it to them i'm 12 years old"

kant, heidegger, and arendt

We are against political correctness and the gay agenda in liberal media.

We have singlehandedly turned Trump into the favorite for the presidential election by the use of meme magic.

PRAISE LORD KEK

LORD KEK MAKES MEME MAGIC, HE WILL GEt THE WALL BUILT

DEUS VULT

>/pol/: a board where the racism that was expressed on /b/ with a tinge of irony and a complete lack of sincerity has become mainstream and is taken seriously, sincerely, and to the heart of its frequents
>enter: user - socially awkward, with a nagging feeling that somebody - somewhere is at once fucking him up materially and he is too much of a pussy to do anything to it
~~~a glimpse into the mind of user~~~
>They don't agree with my retarded opinions that were borne from the retarded echo-chamber that is /pol/
>Note: they disagree with me
>they're pussies

and that, my friends, is the alt-right of Veeky Forums in a nutshell.

We are not racists, we are race realists. We don't hate blacks just like we don't hate dogs or children when they're acting irrationally and illogicaly

and yet the conservatives are always the ones to explicitly bring up interracial sex, in like every conversation, and their most common insult is a fetish most people haven't heard of