What do you guys do once you finish a book you hated that you spent money on, do you throw it away?

What do you guys do once you finish a book you hated that you spent money on, do you throw it away?

I forget I even have it. I think I still have a copy of bloodmeme lying around somewhere. God, that was a shitty book.

I put them all in a box (unless it's expensive and I could sell it online) and I take it to the local book store when it's full.

Whatever he won't buy I take to a thrift store

same case for me with Pale King

I just donate everything I don't want to the library, they've got a little shop in the back.

I wait a year or so and reread. Was probably just in the wrong mood for it.

Trade it in to my local used bookstore. They're very good about actually giving you something for what you trade it--they do a half of half the cover price thing (since they sell it for half).

I take it to the local used bookstore to trade for another book.

lol are you the bald guy who did a youtube review?

I don't spend money on physical books, no point unless you want to show off.

i usually download the book and read a couple of chapters before actually buying it. I never spend money on shitty books.

i bought some of the dune prequel books, hoping they'd be as good as the original.

i read each once, then left it on a park bench in Frankston where the seagulls shat all over them.

most accurate review ever.

I learned this lesson the hard way

>buying books
It's called a fucking library. Use it.

you can lay a fine turd in the book, then put the book in an envelope and send it to a random person

I distinctly remember being FUCKING PISSED at the shit I was reading.
>Manuel Vázquez Montalban
>Hailed as one of the most important Spanish writers of the 20th century despite bearing no influence on anything
>Purple prose
>Detective Novel
>Long-winded (over a page long) descriptions of the meals the character eats
>Only thinks about investigating the weapon of the murder in the last twenty pages
I was so disgusted by this book and the aspect of literature it represents that I finiahed it, closed it and kicked the shit out of it.
I don't remember what I did afterwards. Might have torn it to pieces, might have thrown it away. I regret nothing. Reading that all-around, overly-hyped shite without suspending my critical thinking felt good.

If I wasnt living in shitty poor euro country in the east I would sell them.

Otherwise I ask someone if they want it and give it to them or just put them in a box in some library.

If its exceptionally shitty I just use it as fuel in winter.

I donate it to the library

>tfw just saw them selling some books for cheap probably because they're not borrowed enough
>they might just sell whatever I gave them
>at least it's not my problem anymore

or send it to the author if they're still alive.

>If I wasnt living in shitty poor euro country in the east I would sell them.

have you been outside lately? no book store will buy second hand books.

i think desecrating any book is kind of in bad taste to be honest. if there's no home for it anywhere then recycle but otherwise donate.

>sell it cheap
>buy another book
>repeat

Second hand bookstores will.

Mostly they get invited to buy as much as they want from homes where the owner of the library has died and anyone left wants to get rid of them.

Toilet paper.

what kind of barbarian throws away a book?

I recycle them

Depending on the book:
-sell
-pass to someone else
-donate
-recycle

I keep it, just in case I will ever have a social life and will be able to recommend it to a friend who might enjoy it.

Goodwill, Value Villiage etc.

Can't you get arrested for this shit?
Where did this picture come from?
Oh my

fucking cackled in the library right now

I give it to one of my stupid friends

>finish a book you hate
Why even read it if you hate it?