Faulkner hate thread

Faulkner hate thread
The Sound and the Fury is fucking unbearable with its pretentious vocabulary. Stream of consciousness be some retarded shit. Also the main character is literally retarded.

I just thought it was really boring and uneventful. it also wasn't hard. why do people say it's hard? I just wrote down characters names and there relations and it even goes into italics when the time changes. I wish it didn't. but yeah he's shit.

Let's turn it into an 'OP hate thread' instead.

You're a fucking faggot

>Elder von Corncob
This guy needs to stick a corncob up his ass

>The Sound and the Fury is fucking unbearable with its pretentious vocabulary. Stream of consciousness be some retarded shit. Also the main character is literally retarded.
Jason Compson could have written this review

Where were you when Veeky Forums was taken over by plebs?

>pretentious vocabulary
What? Where? I just got finished reading this book and the vocabulary wasn't pretentious at all. I'll grant that the book is a bit overwrought, but the Benjy chapter is amazing, albeit confusing (oh no a hard book), and the rest is really solid too. By the way, after about 70 pages the narrator changes. There isn't one main character (and if there is, it's Caddy).

Here's a (You) for you.

The main character is Caddy, you fucking pleb. The story is told from the perspective of her three brothers, and how her actions affected them moving forward.

Bro, with the booktuber threads, and the science fiction generals, this board is definitely going to shit.

OP came out of the plebcloset

IM SO FUCKING GLAD SOMEONE SAID IT JESUS.

IM SO FUCKING GLAD SOMEONE SAID IT.

^ found the retardophile

Samefag OP

What the fuck just happened?

I've been posting and joining discussions here for over a few months, and I have not once seen a Faulkner hate thread until now. He may not be to your liking (and there are definitely many who dislike him), but one can't disagree with his contributions to American literature.

He's great.

>pretentious vocabulary
Only one section had anything you could label as pretentious, and it did it on purpose to show that the narrator there was an overeducated and anxious autist. Go read asoiaf and fuck off

Benjy detected.

summer happened.

^^^^

>Thinking Faulkner has pretentious vocabulary

Kiddo I've got some bad news for you about the rest of literature

>Stream of consciousness be some retarded shit

lol at this pleb thinking he was going to get support in this pleb thread with statements this blatantly pleb

read more son

Kek

Read two pages than was like "lol wut"

I dropped As I Lay Dying not even 70 pages in. Shit was fucking weak, bruh.

Faulkner is a genius and possibly the greatest writer of the 20th Century.

You have to be older than 18 years old in order to browse Veeky Forums, friendo.

at least he's better than pynchon

>Faulkner is a genius
Yes, undoubtedly.
>possibly the greatest writer of the 20th Century
There is no such thing as a "greatest writer of [insert time or place here]."

Who was equal to Shakespeare at his time?
>inb4 muh windmills

So much this. EVERY. FUCKING. SUMMER.

Intruder in the dust wasn't that good though. Come on nigga you can use at least 1 full stop in the span of 7 pages

it's spelled 'redditor'

>he didn't understand Absalom

ah, haven't been on Veeky Forums long. is this what happens when the kids get out of school for the summer? constant juvenile threads? i've noticed it in some other boards, too, here.

>Newfag asking about summerfags