I'm convinced no one on this board has actually read Atlas Shrugged

I'm convinced no one on this board has actually read Atlas Shrugged.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Introduction-Objectivist-Epistemology-Expanded-Second/dp/0452010306
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0452010519/ref=sxl1?qid=1466040318&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65
aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/anti-concepts.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I read it in 1997.

Prove it.

if so, better off this way.

I don't want to

that's a big cigar

Cuffy Meigs unwittingly detonates Project X.

i read it though i skimmed the speech after a point

Welles would have been a dashingly handsome bastard if he had kept himself thinner.

I did. I liked it.

I'm sure he didn't really give a fuck since he was so successful.

i read it. it was fine. no strong feelings about it either way.

oh and fountainhead was better.

Maybe if he wasn't so fat the studios wouldn't have fucked with his films so much.

> reading ayn rand

this might be the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Veeky Forums

Wrong. Ive read it.

I made it through about a quarter of the book. I understand why conservative may associate with some aspects of the book, but overall, I wasn't impressed enough to stick with it.

>Read in 2014
>was 15 yo
>easy as shit, just fucking long
>turned me into cynic that gets shit done
>most of ayn rands ideas are hack but some are real damn good
>fucks trains

>17

I have. Last year. To be fair, I rarely come to Veeky Forums.

>fine
>no strong feelings

In a fucking ridiculously and intentionally polarizing novel the size of the fucking yellow pages?! GET A SOUL YOU HOLLOW FUCK!

Read a quarter...

You don't understand it yet.

I mean, she's certainly trying really hard but it's impossible to take any of it seriously

I read about 100 pages. Then i realized it isnt scifi book; no its a book about trains. Hell naw nobody got time to read 1000 pages of trains.

for you

Nobody should read it, and everyone should hold a negative opinion about it.

>I'm convinced no one on this board has actually read Atlas Shrugged.

Good. This place is shit enough as it is.

F for Fake is his best work.

No thanks to you.

It wasn't the same long before I got here.

I preferred "H for Hack"

and who the fuck are you?

I wish I was one of those people. I would still have 20 hours of my life back.

Got heem

I havent but should I?

Yeah. Fuck all the libtard Reddit shitposters who tell you otherwise-- they haven't even read it.

It is an awful book, to be honest.

If you want to get memed by the retard who posted this shit, yeah.

I read Part I.

Found no reason to continue.

I have. In fact Rand is the only author I have read in entirety. Not even an Objectivist, come to think of it, it is a bit weird. Only ones I actually liked were We the Living and Night of January 16th.

Veeky Forums is averse to the red pill for some reason, most likely liberal brainwashing from university.

>Not an objectivist
Did you even read intro to objectivist epistemology? I'm willing to bet you're a rational animal forming concepts like everyone else. Which should be the key take away from A.R. not some extreme capitalist b.s.
I know you mean it in a different personal-philosophy-lifestyle sense but anyone who has read A.R. like you say you did should take epistemology as the summation of her work and thought.
Props for reading a.r. she's da top bitch l, if anyone is bored go read of anti-concepts in her lexicon, has the buzzword of "polarization" as the example

Do you have mental problems?

The answer is yes but you're side-stepping because amuature

amazon.com/Introduction-Objectivist-Epistemology-Expanded-Second/dp/0452010306

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/0452010519/ref=sxl1?qid=1466040318&sr=1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65

aynrandlexicon.com/lexicon/anti-concepts.html
Justin saying, solid read if you're bored, which you are because you're here

I'm redpilled in the sense that I hate niggers and Muslims, but I also have a decent grasp of economics and how human social interaction works. Hence my dislike of Atlas Shrugged.

Read it.

Read The Fountainhead.

Read Anthem.

Liked them all.

My entire life until 19 years of age I was sick, and I did what I did because others told me that it was what I should do. I had already read the books but what I didn't realize was the entire message behind them. I thought I was doing everything right. Then came the mental breakdowns and psych wards, and here I am now going back to Uni this fall.

At the end Dagny doesn't get as much gold because she was a VP and not the direct grosser/CEO/owner of the Taggert Lines, but regardless she's happy because she gets to do business in the valley. Rearden has no intention of holding back on charging her for Rearden metal when she lays her new lines, but thats just how she likes it.

Do i read fountainhead or atlas shrugged first?
i got em both just sitting here

Tried reading it a few times. Nothing happened, it was just people talking about stuff that had no significance. Didn't give two shits about any of the characters. Bored to death. Gave up. Every time.

Haha this lol. Ayn Rand is for fedora LOLbertarian loosers. The government is your friend, morans!

And that is bad because?

Why would we read such garbage OP?

I've been thinking about reading either Atlas Shrugged or War and Peace.

Anyone got some good shilling towards either side?

(People who haven't read either book, but like to trash talk Rand because of reddit memes need not reply)

Why would they, It's one of the shittiest books ever written. Even if your buy that NAZI cunts bullshit the fountainhead is a better book. The only thing Rand was ever right about was that Jesus Fags are stupid. That's right true believers, it's a fairy tale.

Yeah, it's a great work

>What is man? He's just a collection of chemicals with delusions of grandeur.

>To say 'I love you' one must first know how to say the "I."

>There's nothing of any importance in life - except how well you do your work. Nothing. Only that. Whatever else you are, will come from that. It's the only measure of human value.

>We are born into this world unarmed - our mind is our only weapon.

>He never felt lonliness except when he was happy.

>I feel that others live up to me, if they want me.

>She's a writer. The kind of writer who wouldn't be published outside. She believes that when one deals with words, one deals with the mind.

>Did I feel a physical desire for him? I did. Was I moved by a passion of my body? I was. Have I experienced the most violent form of sensual pleasure? I have.

>Money is so noble a medium that does not compete with guns and it does not make terms with brutality. It will not permit a country to survive as half-property, half-loot

>Through the dry phases of calculations in her mind, she noticed that she did have time to feel something: it was the hard, exhilarating pleasure of action.

>Rationality is the recognition of the fact that nothing can alter the truth and nothing can take precedence over that act of perceiving it.

>She was fifteen when it occurred to her for the first time that women did not run railroads and that people might object. To hell with that, she thought- and never worried about it again.

>It is a policeman’s duty to retrieve stolen property and return it to its owners. But when robbery becomes the purpose of the law, and the policeman’s duty becomes, not protection, but the plunder of property - then it is an outlaw who has to become a policeman.

>When I die, I hope to go to heaven-- whatever the hell that is-- and I want to be able to afford the price of admission

>He liked to observe emotions; they were like red lanterns strung along the dark unknown of another's personality, marking vulnerable points.

>I am, therefore I'll think

>Do it first and feel about it afterwards.

>No principle ever filled anybody's milk bottle

>Only the man who does not need it, is fit to inherit wealth—the man who would make his own fortune no matter where he started. If an heir is equal to his money, it serves him; if not, it destroys him.

>'No, Jim,' she said quietly, 'I guess I've never felt anything at all.'

>To place nothing—nothing—above the verdict of my own mind.

>Whenever anyone accuses some person of being ‘unfeeling,’ he means that that person is just.

>Americans were the first to understand that wealth has to be created. The words ‘to make money’ hold the essence of human morality.

>I get my opinions from book reviews and newspaper headlines!!!!!!

This is why you shouldn't read it

Its just brainwashing material for teen conservatives

These are really cringe worthy tbqh

>I am therefore I think

i read up to the part where rand's mouthpiece says the superweapon is useless

then i stopped

Property is inherently social, not individual
Nietzsche for Sorority Girls has the gall to talk about self-interest independent of property relations and call her work "Objectivist" when she steals heavily from the German idealists.

Anthem was a bizarre autistic strawman of an allegory

same

Most regular conservative right wingers often can't reconcile the retardation in this book. Ironically enough, it can only be appreciated by reddit lolbertarians.

Read it in 2007 bruv. It was good the first 300 pages but it dragged on and got way too ham fisted. It's a book for teenagers user

>anything other than Chimes at Midnight being his best work
F for Fake is a respectable second mind you