People who don't enjoy studying science & mathematics

>people who don't enjoy studying science & mathematics

You depress me by how you don't see the beauty in the knowledge we've accrued, that is readily available to you to learn and eventually contribute to, and how that would be motivation enough to make it worth putting the majority of your time and effort towards, yet you do not.

As a famous nigger would say, I pity the fool.

lol

Yes, this is simply win. I too do not understand why people do not wish to understand how the world around them functions.

>I too do not understand why people do not wish to understand how the world around them functions.

I'm a mathematician and I really don't care about how the world functions from a physics or chemistry perspective. I care more about politics or economics than "understanding the universe" and I don't care too much about economics or politics.

Pic sort of related though.

>I'm a mathematician
Painfully obvious from your spergy post.

You are misusing your abilities, sad.

How was that spergy?

To you maybe. I get a lot of fulfillment out of studying mathematics. I'm a combinatorialist anyways so it's not like engineers or whoever you are would give a shit about my work.

Retrain and attain enlightenment, my friend. You should want to understand as much as possible, to make your death seem ever so tragic, yet inexorable.

I'd rather not. I like what my training has given me. I do want to understand as much as possible, about mathematics that is.

>to make your death seem ever so tragic, yet inexorable.

Literally what? Human existence is meaningless. Your level of understanding of the universe has nothing to do with death. Math is just a form of intellectual hedonism.

Tragic because you put so much effort in, yet still died, isn't that tragic?

Not really. I enjoyed putting that effort in. I would have stopped studying mathematics if I stopped liking studying it.

Not him by why do you care? I'm not yet a professional but I'm training to become a Mathematician and I would not be happy pursuing another discipline.

That guys seems a little fucked up, would you agree?

Yeah. Appliedfags saying it's a shame that someone would study pure math are 1. blind to history and 2. buttblasted that their own work isn't contributing to >muh understanding

My friends, and you are fooling yourselves, because you scared of the fact that you will die without enlightenment. Physics is the only subject that matters, and has ever mattered. Whether you enjoy it or not, you should be studying it; otherwise you're a worthless STEM brain who deserves a coup de grĂ¢ce to reprieve your uselessness.

I'd rather meditate than study physics.

What? Physics is the most interesting field of science, to dismiss it on any level is a crime against science and therefore heresy.

It takes all kinds, user. What do you think would happen if everyone devoted their lives to studying science instead of growing food and punishing criminals and writing novels and running airlines etc.?

Meditation is more likely to get me closer to enlightenment, which you keep sperging out about.

You're wrong by the way, mathematics is the most interesting science. You can't even fucking compete. The least interesting field of mathematics (analysis) is more interesting than the entirety of physics.

>Physics is interesting.
Chemistry >>>>>>>>>>>>> physics

Clueless, just like all mathematicians.

Have you even read this thread? I don't give a shit :^)

>writing novels

kys you fucking cum scum.

>and and and
>what is comma/semicolon?

>beauty motivates you
just become an artist, sempai.

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Fuck off.

no.

See: See:

Yeah I agree with this. I'm still an undergrad so my opinions isn't worth much but I love studying math just to understand the math. Something about it is just really mentally stimulating in ways that I don't think any natural sciences are.

i can't understand why someone with the ability to reason would not enjoy the privilege of exploring the knowledge of countless generations of our forbearers when its readily available at our fingertips

It's not a thing of necessity. Its a thing of curiosity - perhaps a trait only to beautify and hide the simple truth of humanity; most of us are fucking basic

I'm broke.

So, much like I can't play video games all day, I don't have much time to spend on subjects I cannot immediately apply to my career.

o boi, it sure is summer in here

would hang out with the skinhead desu

Nah man, analysis is not the least interesting field of mathematics.

Physics is just applied math.

I love physics because its pretty much all fields of science. I am a strong believer in that all branches of science can be better explained with physics intertwined with it. In fact that's what gravitated me towards Biophysics. I wanted to truly understand Biology and I believe learning the physics of Biology is the way to go.

heard richard feynman say trying to understand how physics works without knowing math would be like a deaf guy trying to understand music, so i dont mess around with any of it very much. Lots of mind boggling stuff but i have to stick to pop-sci books. Cant math at all.

>Nah man, analysis is not the least interesting field of mathematics.

I'll bite, what is?

Number theory

>studying only science and mathematics

I think it's a tragedy that there are so many brilliant folks in the sciences who will never look past the tips of their noses and engage with ideas that fall outside of positivist empirical bounds, as if that's the only way to view the world.

Physics isn't applied math, and for that matter, chemistry isn't applied physics and biology isn't applied chemistry. They're fields of study that take place at inappropriately different scales and study different phenomena. You can intertwine them and see things through that lens, but let's be honest here: quantum mechanics is never going to be the appropriate language in which to describe flowers.

Why do shortcuts to solving mathematic problems exist? For example, factoring trinomials, there exist many shortcuts. Is there a theory/explanation for this that goes something like: large logical conundrums will often have shortcuts because of existing patterns?

Please enlighten me!

cringe

I was about to grab it so hard, but then I realized