"Yeah, I'm doing mechanical engineering so I can work with cars."

>"Yeah, I'm doing mechanical engineering so I can work with cars."

This is the exact reason my brother entered college as a Mech E major.

He is now a business major.

This is the exact reason a friend entered college as a Mech E major.

He is now a mechanical engineer.

>"Yeah, I'm doing nuclear engineering so I can work in nuclear engineering."

This is the exact reason my gay son entered college as a Mech E major.
He now works with cars.

i began to study CS because i like to fix computers and play games

the college lectures were gay as fuck

I'm doing mechE so I can fuck your bitch nigga

>"Yeah, I'm only doing engineering because of the money. I can't wait to get out of school and become a spreadsheet monkey living for the weekend."

Why are normies so obsessed with their vapid, materialistic lives? Everyone at my university says the same shit. It seems like they are just trying to earn as much money so that they can tell other people that they have more than them.

I don't fucking get it, are these people happy? Is this why depression is so high nowadays? What the fuck is wrong with people?

Yes that's the whole point of capitalism idiot

I just don't understand how someone can spend the majority of their waking hours doing something they don't enjoy just for money. Astounds me.

You're pretty dumb if you can't understand something so elementary.

you mean like those people that buy stuff on monthly installments because they can't save?

Please explain it to me, how does one find happiness and satisfaction in money?

You need money to live faggot
You need to strike a balance. Veeky Forums autists think not being a capitalist tool means working in pure math for free. I enjoy engineering and it pays well.
I'm in it for the flying cars

Why are you so autistic? You need a new car, you don't have the money right now, do you a) walk to work for a year while you save or b) buy the car on credit?

nobody cares that you're so high and mighty that you somehow can't fathom why people want money.
is right. you're just a retard trying to look cool.

or the fact that restaurants are fuller on payday than they are at the end of the month.

sure there are reasons where it makes sense to take up a credit, because the thing you get helps you to create more worth. If you're just buying a fancy phone from rent-to-own it's stupid.

>"Yeah, I'm doing physics so I can act like I'm better than everyone else."

Classic wagecucks, thanks for paying my bills!

But on a non-trolling note, why don't they just do something that they enjoy for a living instead? Surely most passions pay enough to support a living. I'm more interested in peoples lack of motivation and passion and what the underlying reasons are for it. I really am not trying to act high and mighty for it, I'm sorry if I TRIGGERED you, but I see so many people working in the corporate world that HATE it. So why do they keep doing it? Working 5 days a week just to drink beer for 2?

Again, not trying to insult others, just seeking answers.

>yeah i'm doing mechanical engineering so i can build cars
>yeah i'm studying computer science so i can make muh games
>yeah i'm studying physics because i like space and time travel and shit
>yeah i'm studying marine biology because i want to study life underwater while i swim with dolphins
>yeah i'm studying women's studies because i hate research, i just like to complain on tumblr all day

I agree that the phone thing has gone too far, people would be much better off getting sim-only contracts rather than paying for a new phone they don't need every year.
>wagecucks
Fuck off to

>But on a non-trolling note, why don't they just do something that they enjoy for a living instead? Surely most passions pay enough to support a living. I'm more interested in peoples lack of motivation and passion and what the underlying reasons are for it. I really am not trying to act high and mighty for it, I'm sorry if I TRIGGERED you, but I see so many people working in the corporate world that HATE it. So why do they keep doing it? Working 5 days a week just to drink beer for 2?

That fucking hurt.
What else am I supposed to do? I'm such a shitty human being, because I don't even have a passion or something I like. I tried to find something, many times, but I'm 21 and still haven't found something.
Yes, I enjoy vidya, but fuck that shit, how am I supposed to ma a living out of vidya? Besides I don't really know if I enjoy them that way. I just play them because I have nothing else, and can't find anything else.

But in th end, I need something to live by. Can't live without money. So I'm just sitting here and pretending to like physics and math, and just trying to pass my exams, nothing else.

Live just fucking sucks, that's it. Consider yourself lucky you have something you enjoiy that much, can make a pretty good living with it, and don't have fears of failing for every god damn day.

who is this frog faced bitch youre spamming ?

What's wrong with that? Elitist prick.

It's funny, you're the only one who sounds depressed, like you've been left out of the club of "materialistic money-obsessed people". Most of the "materialistic money-obsessed people" I know are extremely healthy and take good care of themselves and have strong relationships with other people. They are realistic and down-to-earth. They aren't perfect, they make mistakes, aka, they're human. It's usually people like yourself, perfectionists, idealist, and other outsiders who live with their heads in the clouds and try to look down on others who are the ones who are depressed, trying to convince everyone else that they have something wrong with them.

I think you need a reality check mate. "Materialism" or whatever boogeyman of the week you choose to elect, is not your enemy. Deluding yourself into feeling superior because you seek things that "most people" do not, is the thing that is making you unhappy.

Shared this one before

>"yeah, I'm a mechanical engineer"
>"oh, cool, what do you do typically?"
>"oh I install equipment for factories. Like put them together and stuff"

RRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHNFJCJFNEIXJSBVW

>why are you so obsessed with money?

Two words:
Student. Loans.

Learning what you want and having a shot at a really good salary these days is going to cost you

>My best friends dad told him not to become an engineer because he hates his life for doing so
>Best friend becomes an engineer anyways because "MUH MONEY!!!!!!!!!!"

This is how I was. Got out of that shit 2 years in.

Not him but I really don't genuinely care. Just because you enjoy money doesn't mean everyone else does. I'm also a very cheap person to provide for so I don't really need much to be happy.

Its worth it so that I can give my future children a good life. Some of us weren't born stupid or a woman.

>"Yeah, I'm doing medicine so I can work in help people."

Why do you have so many loans? Just go to a school that provides good scholarships for students or a cheap school.

"Yeah, I'd doing biology, biophysics, and economics so I can genetically augment myself and run the world from the shadows, Illuminati style."