Bookshelves

Post em.
Also, please shit on mine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hQ7djxSGh0A
new2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Identifying_3c7cec_359550.gif
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fucking embarrassing. Both the 'look at my stuff guis xD'-threads and your actual selection of books.

You belong on /r9k/

Who the fuck actually likes Stephen King? Everything else on your bookshelf is meme shit.

Can't bash it too much other than the potato quality picture (really like your Harry Crews selections). Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Stephen King, but I think it's perfectly fine if you enjoy him.

Also, Faulkner should have a nose.

I agree and not enough people know about Harry Crews. I wish his works were not out of print

>falling for memes like 2666, Recognitions, JR, Pynchon, Infinite Jest

Kek. Just how much money have you pissed away because you're a weak and gullible faggot who takes Veeky Forums seriously?

Care to give some recommendations then?

Here's a recommendation: go fuck yourself

So you have nothing to offer? Shocker.

/thread

the amount of jelly in this thread is amazing

I love that you have all of Pynchon and Gaddis. You are unironically a true patrician.

mirin pynchon

>hardbacks

Damn, love those 1st Ed Dark Towers. Those are hard to find.

>all white men

I hate Stephen King, good premises for half his novels and he tanks them hard, SaleMs Lot was the only one I enjoyed

One of three of my shelves this one's in my bed room tho, a lot are school texts i still have and use but I need to organize shit badly but this is my "put it on the shelf for now shelf" sorry for quality I'm drunk and don't give a shit

Here's another recommendation: end your pathetic life

>Also, please shit on mine.
what's your address

Do you actually read all first editions or did you buy them as trophies?

Kind of a mix. The first time I read most of them were paperback then I eventually got around to finding first editions

>literally every meme book without the necessary reference material to enjoy them
>Infinite Jest
>Stephen King
>MUH FIRST EDITIoNS

kysm8

>Recognitions, JR

Both good books m8.
But this guy is obviously a faggot that jumped on whatever shit was meme of the month on Veeky Forums

Why do these threads exist

>school texts

Inb4 the faggots with 20 5-inch wide programming manuals arrive

>be 20-something with no friends but modest left over spending money every month
>decide to take up a hobby to look smart so I start listening to classical music exclusively and reading super-smart meme fiction that is circle-jerked everday on lit
>buy muh first editions
>haven't read anything yet but it sure looks great on the shelf
>take pics and post on lit

How many (You)s would I get if I bought hundreds of copies of Infinite Jest and filled a bookcase with them?

I would fill a thread with (You)s if you did that.

why does any thread exist user

actually i think the answer to your question might be "to show what a bunch of boorish uneducated turds the population of Veeky Forums is"

(You)
me to

What does a bookshelf tell you about a person and their literary taste? I don't think mine represents me particularly well. Half of it is stuff I haven't read yet, and half of my favorites I don't own.

>tfw your library is 80% pdfs

>actually i think the answer to your question might be "to show what a bunch of boorish uneducated turds the population of Veeky Forums is"

This is a good post.

Telling someone to kill themselves because they enjoy a different type of literature to you.

Never change, Veeky Forums.

Where the fuck do you find a hardback copy of Gravity's Rainbow?

I dig that copy of GR, props. You're also repping Delillo, I have a similar shelf myself. Only thing your missing is some Kafka

>heather

FUCK

Chemistry, I use my reference materials constantly for work

pfft. bwahahaha
>Gaylo figurines

>proust next to stephen king

wat

You still have nothing, got it.

>hardcover
what a fool u are lol

:( why? I bought almost all of these used so they were still really cheap

I can find ex-library books in very good condition for $3 each, hardcovers. It is actually a good choice.

t. poorfag

How? Where?

>he organizes his books in alphabetical order according to the author

I knew a guy in graduate school who arranged his books around his flat in stacks of like colours.

Not him, but ThriftBooks has them often. There's a little icon that tells you when they're ex-library.

He was ahead of his time
youtube.com/watch?v=hQ7djxSGh0A

Actually pulling off the "yea i read stephen king because it's fun, bitch." Quite impressive indeed. What's your job and/or major, if you dont mind?

Wow, nice stack. I feel like bateman in these threads sometimes

What's your job

How much for that sweet women and men ?

Court translator and copy editor. I work like a dog, sleep 4 hours a day and spend all of my freetime reading/studying.

I dig this reading corner user

I'll tell you when I finish reading it (:^).

Why do you have so many JR's?

What I'm currently reading.

look at all that goodass annie dillard

Shit dude, you're the guru. Who are your favorite writers and do you write yourself?

That Beckett book cover reminds me of "Identifying Wood":

new2.fjcdn.com/pictures/Identifying_3c7cec_359550.gif

Just some random Delillos and NYRBs.

That's not my address btw. I bought it used (with extensive notes and markings inside).

After I bought the first one (Dalkey) on Amazon, I just started finding them in odd places (library sales, garage sales, books for prisoners stockroom).
No one ever notices my Recognitions, though.

send me a J R plz [email protected]

Nice Miles - his autobiography is sweet if you haven't already

Very under-appreciated. Would recommend Holy the Firm.

Beckett, Onetti, Melville, Didion, Felisberto Hernández. I write highly-derivative shit when I'm drunk or exhausted, then I never have the will to look back and edit the few sentences I'd like to keep.

That's it. I'm too tired/lazy to go outside and take a picture of my other (third) book closet and the shed outside where I keep my old books from before I moved.

The only musician/artist I've ever really followed is Charles Ives. But I hear good things about Davis' autobiography. I'll get to it eventually.

Based reading area desu.

Got some other books too.
Wish i read more desu
But i like Veeky Forums too much

>Davis' autobiography
*Discography
You damn nut

this is kinda like a genre shelf but then I put some no genre stuff in it.
Thanks

I have a bunch of books that people have leant me but I haven't read them yet,is Richard Bransons autobiography worth reading?

First shelf of many full, verdict?

Probably gonna read paradise lost and canterbury tales after Aeneid.

You're missing Ratner's Star by DeLillo, so clearly you're just a poser phag with memetastes and a low self esteem.

no

that's an ikea billy shelf 80 cm

are you pic related?

Love Ratner's Star, but Cosmopolis is my favorite DeLillo.

I'd give u some (u)s.

every time

Yes

Cosmopolis was awful, senpai

Can i have one of your JR editions?

I will never be able to take a good picture of my bookshelf sadly.
And most of the books are not even in english,so it doesn't matter.
Last time I posted it you called it "Trollspeak" anyway.
Cunts

figured, you are likely the only user on Veeky Forums with a full collection of pynchon first editions.

>Owning physical media

>Not hoarding it

>reading in Futura
t. pseud

This happened to me, but I only have three Knopf editions.The tight typeface makes my eyes bleed.

>4 JRs
>Women and Men
>that Miles box set
envious

I only own nice editions of my favorite novels

Are you one of those faggots selling used copies of JR for 80 bucks online?

I am easily jellied over first-editions but I get them from Half-Price when I find one that's been overlooked and in near pristine edition. Good job, OP.

How you like the complete works of Plato? Real expensive so I had to buy (likely shit) Barnes & Nobles versions translated by a guy who goes by the name of Benjamin Jewett.