Anyone else kinda sketched out by the VEN announcement?

Pic related

If they're really all about business and enterprise solutions etc, why are they so desperate to

1) Have people hold their tokens off exchanges (note they now have made TWO separate initiatives to try to make this happen)

2) Try to people from selling at any point, "forced hold"

Isn't this shady as fuck and not something a project seriously aiming to be the sole enterprise blockchain would need to do?

I'm a big VEN bag and hold a lot, but this is weird to me...

>falling for a chink scamcoin
kek

Yeah this announcement struck the wrong cord with me too and I have 10k+ VEN. I was kind of expecting them to encourage staking slightly before mainnet for economy nodes but this is a little too far. That being said, I am still moving my coins off binance later this month because of this.

Ultimately, increased network stability with locked-in nodes and decreased volatility

This is their economic model. Assuming you are a newfag, this isn't like bitcoin where you mine the transactions. There are different level of nodes where each node contributes and this is just extra rewards.

>why are they so desperate to make the price of their token go up
You know the only way the people who work at the vechain foundation make money is by the value of their VET increasing, right? Price of the VET coin is not related to cost of using the vechain blockchain. This is why THOR exists.

also has been in the pipeline since November, so anyone that has done their diligence would not be surprised by this

A bit pissed since I sold off excess VEN keeping just enough to get a strength node and now finding out I could have gotten an upgraded node.

people with between 10 - 16k are butthurt. sucks to be a poorfag i guess.

>Pls dont sell any coins, we have lots of company pool coins we are gonna dump on the marked soon and dont want competition.

y would you sell any amount of the most promising coin of the next few years

retards are everywhere.

I've said it a million times the second they released that shitty Trailer all bags should've been dropped. That that was awful.

Honestly? I'm probably going to sell my thunder and just keep a 6k node and diversify

I've been blinded by who I now genuinely believe to be a paid shill with a big bag. An individual like that literally cannot be impartial, in fact it's their job not to be. This along with CCK being a vechain person not just an insider, and then today's announcement, is just 3 things in very quick succession which leaves me sour. I still believe its a great project, but there's still money to be made elsewhere, desu

I don't think im a maximalist anymore

screencapped for the lulz next year

>I've said it a million times the second they got up and danced to 'Start Me Up' all bags should've been dropped. That that was awful.

>I've been blinded by who I now genuinely believe to be a paid shill with a big bag
who?

i dont even own VEN but even i can figure it out. fucking crypto "speculators" lmao. they don't know anything about blockchain or the solutions.

They want to ENSURE that on day one of main net release they have plenty of nodes up all over the planet authenticating the system. they want proof. A bit of incentive to reward people will also reduce volatility from day traders and help educe circulating supply. Everyone wins.

this thread is for retards only. take your logical conclusions elsewhere.

The main admin of one of the side groups

Nah that's just dumb, especially given that the vast majority of ven nodes don't "authenticate" transactions

Hold up this actually how they communicate with their investors? The intro to that post sounds like a fucking scientology meetup. What the fuck are you people doing investing in these people? Why are we talking about their multi-tiered node system like its totally normal and not a total scam to get you to buy more before March 20th?

Is this the state of crypto now? We just settle for utter Chinese scam shite?

>neets
>investors
pick one

1. Everyone should literally always hold their tokens off exchanges. If nothing else its just responsible for them to suggest this.

2. Encouraging holding stabilizes the price.

>Isn't this shady as fuck and not something a project seriously aiming to be the sole enterprise blockchain

Enterprise blockchain requires signing up enterprise business. What business would want to enter a volatile shit storm?

The Fud has convinced me to drop all Chinese projects. All you ever here from them is partnerships, marketing, and hype with little to no results. Every single fucking time. Whether its ven, wtc, or trx.

Fuck China. VEN was 30% of my portfolio and I dumped it as soon as it spiked today.

Why risk it? I fucking hate chinks.

This is great news for Vechain holders of 16k+
Im gonna generate double the Vthor.
Even if its a $1 it will be a great passive income

You are not "forced" to do a anything. You can take them out any time you want, you just won't receive the benefits. They mentioned doing this in the fall so maybe you should have done more research before becoming a big holder.

Walton has a similar system and we all know that walton is shady as fuck. I actually believed in it for a long time.

Now VEN is doing something like this too... why is Jim invested in this? He is the only reason i invested..

Lold at scientology. Sadly spot on actually

Jim invests his firm's time and his brand. Doubt he has a cent in VEN. Kinda confirmed that to me in the last financial report

>Kinda

so no

He invests his reputation into it by making a public statement and putting VeChsin on his site, as well as holding an advisor position at VeChain. For somebody who is often referred to as the "Midas touch investor", reputation is everything.

well, anyway, thanks for clearly demonstrating you have literally no idea what a VC does

That's I keep my ADA in the wallet

The state of VET holders seeing who can outfud who

Have this FUD: Chinese buyers are well-aware what’s fake or not based on the store’s reputation. They buy it anyways because it’s cheap. Fake goods problem is fake news.

They're greedy fucks. Most VEN holders sold a good chunk after the "rebrand" dump and then the rest of the herd sold after the "oxford tweet" dump. It was dumping hard till they saved the day with that tweet... for now. But I'm also seeing a lot of people unload their bags now that it got a boost.

I'm buying some more when it hits 25k sats

tell that to the 4 dead babies and 54000 sick children faggot

Forget those coins for now, user. BTC, ETH, that's it. Hold those for now till BTC hits 14k or 15k then start buying up new projects. Don't buy other peoples bags. Get in on projects just out of ICO that have room to grow.

Money doesn’t give a fuck about tracking cheap baby food. Wtf