I would honestly love to see Veeky Forums discuss the lyrics from the new Death Grips album...

I would honestly love to see Veeky Forums discuss the lyrics from the new Death Grips album. I for one cannot make any sense of these. Can you Veeky Forums?

>I'm a fucking jug close your circle with my hooves I'll snub you faster I'll fuck you in half a my gauge go true vulture I hate you I hate you colder my hate crush your shoulders but you feel me in your liver my funeral's all the blister all corrosive and rupture my lingo roaches fucker I feast on you I fucked you in half I see you fiending marvelous gagballs drooling pools 'cause I see you fiending marvelous gag 'til I'm all drenched gagballs drooling pools 'cause my cum hatch in you struck books of match in you subwoofer I'm dry humping 'lectrify me I'm fucking apparitions fire we desire agony exposure ground flesh in heat human flesh wreath can't go nowhere too iron to rant I lift my hammer drives us red bottomless pit rising out and through my hammer like the dead I fucked you in half I see you fiending marvelous gagballs drooling pools 'cause I see you fiending marvelous gag 'til I'm all drenched gagballs drooling pools 'cause my hooves'll snub you faster I fucked you in half I see you fiending marvelous gag till I'm all drenched gagballs drooling pools 'cause this pit's bottomless I'll bleed you through this tase don't get depressed you won't survive I'll reap you through this maze of masochists bulging with hives let this craving slave you bad appoint your fix my chemicals molest your sanity anoint at risk death classic bitch gag on it bitch I see you fiending marvelous gag 'til I'm all drenched I fucked you in half I see you fiending marvelous gagballs drooling pools 'cause I see you fiending marvelous gag 'til I'm all drenched gagballs drooling pools 'cause

yeah idk bro but i feel yoou

death grips is the first cyberpunk band

stefans lyrics are nonsensical you should know this by now

But there's obviously something to do with him forging something with a hammer and then saying that human flesh is weak, implying that he's creating something greater.

rock n roll expresses emotion. emotion has no logic.

They're not supposed to make any sense. Exmilitary and maybe Money Store are the only albums where you can actually make sense of things. Everything else is purposely confusing as fuck.

no they aren't. stay on reddit or stick to dr seuss threads
that song is about how much his fans suck their dicks. talk about NOTM's lyrics if you want a more interesting discussion

>nonsensical
>They're not supposed to make any sense.
>purposely confusing as fuck
this is my first time on Veeky Forums and people say this board is the most intelligent, was I being trolled? if you genuinely think his lyrics are nonsensical and "purposely confusing" then you need to start reading

>that song is about how much his fans suck their dicks

Explain.

>analyzing lyrics

fucking retards all of you.

The majority of DGs songs are about its own music and the effect it has on people. It's basically incredibly cryptic braggadocio comprised of violent metaphors, vulgarity, and west-coast slang. This song is about the punishment that DG fans both endure and enjoy from the band on a regular basis.

>explain
do you speak english? just read the lyrics and look up the words you don't get because this is one of their most straight forward tracks lyrically on the album

although i've been following them intensely since exmilitary so i'm a little more familiar with the masochistic relationship they have with their fanbase so it might not be as obvious to someone who is a casual listener but you browse Veeky Forums you shouldnt be having any problems with this

just read the hook

You sound like someone who was told this rather than actually came to a conclusion.

>his first time on lit
>judges the board according to one single post

I couldn't keep myself from hearing these words spoken in the vocalist's retard moans and had to stop.

It's just people who aren't really familiar with the band or Stefan's lyrics but still feel entitled to voice their opinion on them for whatever reason. The lyrics are in the vein of imagist poetry, little direct narrative but different swells evoking feelings of paranoia, obsession, depravity, etc.

they don't mean anything. it's nonsensical
stopped caring abt the band when /mu/ went full on autism and examined every word stefan wrote.

Except for a few people this board is just as retarded as all the others

Beware was their only good song.

Most of their songs are good songs

If you want to talk about NOTM, I found out that Stefan says "My shadow Bernays voila" in Voila. Edward Bernays is a nephew of Sigmund Freud and is practically a pioneer in crowd psychology and propaganda.

When this is taken into account one could understand another line in the song: "My propa voila shadow ganda".

high school is thataway, everybody knows who Bernays is

Thanks.

dadaist my friend dont make attempt to understad that which cannot b understood by u nor me

>meme grips

Death Grips are the Cormac McCarthy of /mu/. Actually quite good, but memed into oblivion because they have an edgy bent and are not quite obscure enough

>Corncob Tortillas YeCarthy
>Actually quite good

end your own life as soon as possible

I like Death Grips, but the lyrics only have a meme value.

The lyrics are just his stream of consciousness coupled with maybe some odd or notable phrases he has jotted down during the day.
I would put money on it that he gets fucked up on booze and or drugs and just writes whatever he feels like, occasionally while the other two make weird sounds with their instruments also.

He's going more for the imagery of the words used in conjunction with each other rather than putting together a coherent sentence that actually says something.

It's like a meme but in the form of lyrics.

There is no ''hidden'' message or profound meaning.

> Oh, bitch try to creep like ivy
> Oh, now ivy don’t like me

I had to laugh when I heard this. I think he's specifically talking about /mu/ there.

>yecarthy
>good

lmao @ ur life

Why /mu/ is so shit?

Why??

This.
Stefan does a lot of drugs.
He is eclectic and influenced by what most would consider obscure, and that shows in his lyrics and references, but it's abstract beyond linear coherence.

I can almost guarantee you at least half of his shit is freestyled. He isn't telling you a story.
Others are obviously prewritten and thought out, but the abstract nature remains.

Trying to objectify the lyrics with a linear message is doing his work a disservice. his work is purposefully incoherent and indecipherable and you're trying to reduce it to some 2deep4u digestible dribble that he's obviously trying to avoid

Because they call things ''genius'' and ''masterpieces'' even though they've listened to a small amount of albums and have no idea what either of those things actually mean. The majority of /mu/ is morons who don't know enough about music to make an informed judgement.

There was a thread the other day where some guy tried to argue that Memeye West lyrics were comparable in greatness to Milton's Paradise Lost in its entirety... I'm not joking

It's the same reason why Veeky Forums is terrible now also. It was flooded by fucking pseuds from Tumblr and Reddit who only come here to post in the ''show a pic of your collection'' threads.

> from tumblr and reddit

I don't get this meme. I've been on Veeky Forums, reddit and tumblr for years. The majortiy of people on every of these sides is fucking retarded. Tumblr and Reddit didn't invent retarded people. Well, to some degree but that isn't the point.

We have a very special and unique brand of retardation here at Veeky Forums and lately it's been tainted by tumblr neurodegeneration and reddit m'retardation to an increasingly noticeable degree

I believe you

I saw retarded saying that Beethoven was a hack.

I hate /mu/ so much...

>I'm a god
>hurry up with my damn massage

Beats Shakespeare, sure as shit

who are Skinny Puppy, Mr. Trebek?

i have the same feeling, but you can hear a clear message in many of his songs.
i think that take on aesthetics is something often found in experimental poetry, though.

I agree with this 100%

it's not meant for anybody but stefan himself. it's his own mind maze which he's travelling through where the words and phrases have a specific meaning to himself but to anybody else it will either be gotten somewhat, intepreted by their own selves or viewed as jibberish.
we all have our own schizophrenic truth that nobody will ever understand, though some will come close.

what the fuck is /mu/ doing here

fuck off you underage faggots

U m m excuse me but your dumb and /mu/ is glorious please stay out of our boards.

honestly, it sounds pretty try-hard and generic

>I'm a fucking jug
except for this, this legit next level

>I'm a fucking jug
except for this, this legit next level

Kek'd

>Death Grips
Truly an epic meme. Go back to /mu/ and stay there.

You're thinking on the surface level. You're thinking, "If Kanye says something that comes across as clever or insightful, it's deep." But that's such a pre-modern way to look at art. The way he interacts with the listener, building and subverting metamusical expectations, commenting on multiple metamusical, sociopolitical and personal subjects with single lines is brilliant. What work has played jump rope with the line between irony and sincerity as effectively as Yeezus? From the opening seconds of On Sight, to the chorus of I Am A God, to the final spoken sample of Bound 2, no other work of any medium has worked with such an ambiguity of awareness of its context. I'm not saying Yeezus is brilliant because it showcases great technical compositional proficiency or especially novel aesthetic innovations (though autotuned Chief Keef, Justin Vernon, '80s guitars and trap beats have never been fused so artfully), I'm saying its ability to project outwardly from itself and work in a space so self-aware (yet somehow sometimes simultaneously ham-handedly solipsistic) that it shatters any post-post-modern dichotomy between affectation and sincerity sets it apart from other works of art. The whole album skips back and forth over the "is this dude serious?" line, only for Bound 2 to answer with a resounding "we have no fucking clue." Where the recent metamodernists have decided that continual sinusoidal oscillation between critical points of intense sincerity and irony is a valid solution to the nihilism inherent in extreme postmodernity, Kanye instead manipulates for the oscillation of the listener's perception rather than affecting a self-defeatingl y earnest oscillation of himself. In this way, Yeezus can be seen as a work of meta-metamodernism. To call the album "ahead of its time" would be a vast understatement.

Each track in TMS is about a different drug.

t. never cared about the lyrics on other albums

hey put those goalposts back, everybody's a genius now