Did my calc teacher a sign a good textbook or is he a meme?

Did my calc teacher a sign a good textbook or is he a meme?

>needing a teacher for calculus
lol americans....

Kek

I don`t know if I'm vulnerable to laugh now, or is this the Strayan hour?

ids breety gud.

i like books that walk me through every single step because i am a brainlet.

the only thing bad about this book is that sometimes the questions are fairly long.

I'm not american (or OP) but you need a lecturer and friends to discuss calculus with. Multivariable differentiation is difficult to understand the first and second time around. Especially when it comes to the proofs of the IFTs for example.

>and friends to discuss calculus
Not for me, but I always found "group study" to be non-formal tutoring of the idiots who can't read the fucking book.

What if you're like me and don't have friends?

The book is good for its intended audience, science/engineering/People-who-want-major-in-math-but-have-a-late-start majors but not for math majors who want a rigorous course in calculus with proofs. I'm guessing since you were assigned this book in the first place that you're the former. Even if you want a rigorous course it would be dumb to do that in an intro calc course where you don't know anything. Learn your bread and butters first.

If you still want some rigor for whatever reason I recommend reading Apostol's Calculus. Very good calc book series commonly used in honors calc courses.

Friends/classmates/housemates.
Just someone to bounce ideas off.
I've never had a study group and always rejected them.

I use that to my advantage, I teach my friends to prove to myself that I understand the material well enough to teach it. However, I do this only after I've studied by myself so I know the material ahead of time since trying to study the material with them would slow me down.

>However, I do this only after I've studied by myself so I know the material ahead of time
I completely believe that would be worthwhile, but I didn't have time to do both, so I stuck to teaching myself.

You don't really need friends - just people to bounce ideas off.
You have a lecturer, a tutor, or a supervisor to talk to.

Yeah it is time consuming. For me I deal with it since I am extroverted and can't stand being by myself for long periods of time. So I study by myself and bounce ideas off and goof off with friends later once group study is done.

Surprisingly this doesn't prevent many foreigners from seeking undergraduate or graduate degrees at many of our fine universities.

What the hell does "California Edition" mean

It means "full price and impossible to sell used when you are done".

The rest of the country is behind California so they had to make a version with harder material.

My group is all hot girls, so I actually enjoy tutoring them in my group based learning class.

book is pretty

He picked the best book there is

>ITT Brainlets

What's it like being a cuck?