how shitty that is depends on how hard the book was to translate desu

>translation

>tfw not omniglot

>""""omniglot"""""
>likely is only referring to Proto-Indo-European descendant languages

>aka the only languages that matter

>what is chinese
okay maybe it doesn't matter, fuck you

My translation of Osamu Dazai's No Longer Human had this.

Without the translator you wouldn't even be able to read the book man. Just chill out and give the translator some credit. Especially if he's the translator of this copy of notes from underground I just opened up. I could not read this book when I read a different translation of it, but this new translation I read is so smooth and the choice of translated words so much more elegant, it actually made the book easier to read. So give the translator some credit, it's a true art and you can't say that they don't deserve any credit.

A simply dedication I don't mind, but when you feel that your faggy message to your wife or whatever is important enough to stick in front of your rewrite of a translation of a piece of world literature, it's pretty questionable imo.

I feel that anyone who uses the word faggy is questionable and that you'd love to get down on your knees in skimpy girl clothes and get peed on by a man.

>projecting this hard

;)

>translator's name is in bigger font then the author on the cover

>faggy is questionable

Ugh, you're so right, we have to fight against these problematic words, sis.

How much of a faggot I am is not the question though pham. Remove the word "faggy" and I still agree with what I said.

>first chapter is full of spoiler

What is the old testament.

>Spend years learning a language that looks like someone let a chicken walk on a clay tablet despite eveyrone you're related to tell you how useless it is.
>Use your skills to study one of the greatest works of ancient literature.
>Master English poetic language.
>Spend years painstakingly translating to bring something you love to your fellow English-speakers.
>After so many years of work and study, take time to thank your loving wife for supporting you in your dream.
>Get called a fag by someone on a Taiwanese claymation board who was momentarily inconvenienced in his quest to try to connect his pathetic NEET life to that of a great emperor.

>study language
>ohshitniggaineedajob.png
>get into translation
>find a book that already has a translation
>rework and "improve" it (to be fair, I can't judge)
>"mb this will impress my hunny"

I dream of becoming a translator :3

Remember that you are but a worm compared to the titan that is the original author.
Also make your cheesy love confessions in private ffs.

Competition is stiff, pay is late, paltry or both, probability of you translating something you like in the first 3-4 years approaches 0 more than 1. You're welcome to try, but fuck off we're full.