Are there any other philosophers who are as literary entertaining and thought provoking as Schopenhaur?

Are there any other philosophers who are as literary entertaining and thought provoking as Schopenhaur?

Hard mode: Try and think of a less pleb answer than Nietzsche.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Sufferings_of_the_World
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

His 'On Women' legitimately changed my life.

You clearly haven't read Schopenhauer or Nietzsche. Neech is much more entertaining, Schopenhauer sounds like Kant when he's not roasting women and talking about being a sadboy

How so, did it vindicate your beta virginity?

it's alpha virginity, because I don't care about roastwhores

> Nietzsche fanboys

I found Schopenhaur more thought provoking and humane overall than Neet but hey to each his own

stay cucked, boy. Protip you can still have sex and not be a little worm. You're pathetic

uh I'm a huge Schopenhauer fan, but I acknowledge that the bulk of his writing is philosophically rigorous and not particularly literary

hahaha

Soren

Emil Cioran

Diary of the Seducer is top-tier

lmfao

sorry user but your post just reeks of bitterness

I went from Schopenhauer to David Benatar. Was thought provoking but only entertaining on a kinda lame level.
What awaits a young man who sincerely doesn't want to create life?

>Are there any other philosophers who are as literary entertaining and thought provoking as Schopenhaur?

kierks

Sniffman of course.

Can't stand that retard, he had all the opportunities to make something out of himself, and he decided to just whine about it all instead.

made more of himself than you have

So? If I had all his opportunities, I sure as fuck wouldn't waste them to just whine, I'd be the happiest person on Earth, and try to write some philosophy that actually contributes to something positively and isn't just le funny quips about le ebil G-d.

>I'd be the happiest person on Earth, and try to write some philosophy that actually contributes to something positively

lmao

americans are too much

I'm Romanian.

He made more of himself by whining than you do by whining about dead romanians whining.

not where it counts, friend

Nietzsche is the only philosopher with literal fanboys. Not even Plato or Aristotle have them.

They're also completely insufferable

>eurimbecile bantz
When I compare my mind to that of the average foreigner, I can only pity him.

Why does almost all of the alt right post like they're having a stroke

>G-d
You do realize that's not his real name right?

Pointless post, delete this.

There's something above your head dude.

They can't even stand eachother t b h

Or as I like to call shoopy's masterpiece, "On Bitches".

Kant has fanboys. One of the guy on the Partially Examined Life podcast bragged about his Kant plush doll a couple times during the shows

Oh not to mention how awfully miserable Schopeepoops is all the time. The way he describes this sublime magnificent cosmos with such grace and pathos to exceed many of the world's most renowned prophets, and then swings back in to talk about all the insane asylums, gibbering maddness, senseless agony, horrific acts of barbarity and pointless violence, ignorance and blind craving, folly and wrongdoing, and then that's it.

I mean listen to this sad fuck go on:

If you try to imagine, as nearly as you can, what an amount of misery, pain and suffering of every kind the sun shines upon in its course, you will admit that it would be much better if, on the earth as little as on the moon, the sun were able to call forth the phenomena of life; and if, here as there, the surface were still in a crystalline state.

Again, you may look upon life as an unprofitable episode, disturbing the blessed calm of non-existence. And, in any case, even though things have gone with you tolerably well, the longer you live the more clearly you will feel that, on the whole, life is a disappointment, nay, a cheat.

If two men who were friends in their youth meet again when they are old, after being separated for a life-time, the chief feeling they will have at the sight of each other will be one of complete disappointment at life as a whole; because their thoughts will be carried back to that earlier time when life seemed so fair as it lay spread out before them in the rosy light of dawn, promised so much--and then performed so little. This feeling will so completely predominate over every other that they will not even consider it necessary to give it words; but on either side it will be silently assumed, and form the ground-work of all they have to talk about.

I mean check out this morbid essay On Suffering. Fuck man makes me want to drink

en.wikisource.org/wiki/On_the_Sufferings_of_the_World

Why the fuck would you tell me that?! I'm literally nauseated.

Entertaining and thought provoking?

Hume and Quine are both great options.

not even a cunt daki ? what a pleb

that'sthejoke.jpg
I haven't seen such low quality posting in ages. Congrats.

Nothing pleb about acknowledging Nietzsche as both thought-provoking or entertaining. I'm very fond of reading his works as literature. His inability to really follow his ideas to their conclusion and subsequent breakdown makes him even more compelling.

Nietzsche is babby tier, real thinkers read Hegel and Schopenhauer

confirmed for not having read any of the three. Explain -one- way in which Nietzsche is babby tier besides the fact that teenagers flock to him because they heard their teacher say God is Dead once

I don't really disagree with you, but not reading Nietzsche because he gets a fair bit of shit wrong is a mistake. He's an excellent writer; like I said, reading his works as literature is very rewarding, and thought-provoking in the way the reader can easily relate his ideas to their sources, and witness his 'degeneration.' You are taking the journey along with him, and you already know how it ends.

I understand shitting on Nich is a meme, but I think too many people just stop once they realise his personal failings, instead of reading on because of these failings, which are ultimately what make him unique:

virtue