Anyone else bothered by how much post-millennials and some millennials like to throw around pointless buzzword names...

Anyone else bothered by how much post-millennials and some millennials like to throw around pointless buzzword names around to try and solidify and identity for themselves, what do you think caused this to happen? Sure social media is probably to blame but I've noticed that people born after 2000 tend to cling to trendy labels to try and make themselves more unique than the previous generation, nerd, trans, liberal, etc.

Do you have a book to discuss or....

Who cares?

Fucken cucks. I'm a freethinking #alt-right Nrx libertarian race realist.

Memes, all of it

>trans
Fuck, this shit makes me soo angry. When did shit become so gay? I'm guessing it was c. 2009-2011. Obongo, fag marriage, 'glee' basically opened Pandora's Box of Faggotry.

It's very annoying to hear media use the "millenials" label all the time. Why do they always have to categorise people and make up fancy labels?

Worst thing about it is that they probably couldn't give a fuck about them and just use the whole thing as a social status move. They'll instantly stop caring and move onto the next thing to bandwagon.

Labels are about Control for mass consumer society. The medium is the message. Algorithmic behavioral Control is built into the medium. They are not even trying to hide it. It's an inverted totalitarian system

Stratifying is the first step to generalizing which is a good start on the way onto marginalizing. When we generalize into groups (I.e. gen x, sjw, blacks, the alt right) we can allow ourselves to believe that we understand conceptually how an entire group acts. This is a great trick to play on the mind because we love to seek out patterns. We see people emulate what we believe to be a group's opinion and we allow confirmation bias to run rampant in our mind. The great irony of all this is that we also have some idea of how we are stratified and seek out ways to revolt against it so we can feel truly unique. We work so hard to fight against the labels others use to define us yet we continue to use the labels and associations ourselves.

That being said I'm still crossing the street if I see a black guy with a hood on after 10pm

Bumper stickers are identity politics its been going on awhile mate

it's not easy to find a sincere and well thought post during the summer, thank you user

Most of the people they view as millenials aren't even proper millennials but people born after year 2000, it's quite sickening being lumped in with insufferable teenage smart phone and social media obsessed vanity whores.

In all honesty, I'm going to feel sorry for all the people who fell for the whole trans thing once it stops being trendy

Anyone else bothered by how much pointless buzzword and some pointless buzzword like to throw around pointless buzzword names around to try and pointless buzzword and pointless buzzword for themselves, what do you think caused this to happen? Sure pointless buzzword is probably to blame but I've noticed that people born after 2000 tend to cling to trendy pointless buzzwords to try and make themselves more pointless buzzword than the previous pointless buzzword, pointless buzzword, pointless buzzword, pointless buzzword, etc.

nah, that's like feeling bad for people who were bi or got piercings as a teenager they now regret. some people need bigger reminders they were tits. i feel kinda bad for the nontrendy ones who are probably like, fuck off i was getting away with this shit

Because people like feeling superior, not being lumped into groups they don't want to be associated with

Ironically, all of us posting on this board are millennials by definition, or I'm guessing anyways. I'd really like to think no one born before the year 1980 still frequents this shithole

there's a couple 40-50 y/os. it's not like literature you give up at 23.

Millenials scare me, I'm 32 and the kids do really seem like an alien species nowadays. Its the autist generation; hundreds of made up genders neo-nazism and mental illness galore. Fuck. No future

Happy to contribute. It's really the only way to combat the summer.

I'm only 25 and feel the same way. I blame mobile phones which has caused all this degeneracy.

>Getting Older, for $500, Alex

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with grouping together generations, since they do behave differently. For instance, people who grew up during the Depression are more likely to save money and items, millennials are less likely to trust mainstream news, etc. The problem comes when people use these categories not to loosely define a group, but to predict and control their behavior, or to claim a general trend in the population is a concrete trait shared by all in the group.

No but I am tired of people arguing. I think millennials, yourself included, everyone here, argue far more than they really need, and the psychological toll that has in shaping your world view; we've lost the importance of loving.

People have been complaining about "kids these days" for thousands of years. Ovid did it in his Metamorphoses. You're not new, original, or special. In fact, as a 32-year-old, you are considered a part of the Millennial generation (starting in the early 80s and ending around 2001). Congratulations, you are the "kids these days".

No generation has ever understood the importance of love, every generation is vain and entitled.

I never suggested they did, just that I'm sick of it.

I don't disagree with you in that there is definitely a lot of trend in data when we look at differences by age group/when they were born. Further I would propose that any stratification we can make about a population will change nearly every summary statistic (net worth, crime rate, etc.). As such almost every generalization that is mentioned does come from some place of truth.

As for predicting/controlling behavior I think we're really stumbling into a much larger argument here about the use of personal information and psychology. I completely agree that people should reject a world where our identity (as in race, age, things we like/share) is used to predict and control our behavior by catering to what we are expected to want but honestly that world is now in spaces like advertisement. The "truths" about the groups we believe in are used to define who we are and I believe we should stand up for our collective individualism by not assuming these "truths" about others.

So yeah I agree.

Also to keep it lit related, anyone got any short stories about this kind of stuff?

By most definitions, you are a millennial... You probably mean Gen Z or whatever it'll be called.

No I am not bothered by it at all. In fact I hardly notice it

>

This. You name a thing to gain power over it.

Shills on Veeky Forums? Go shill /pol/ and leave us to discuss our literature in peace.

le falseflag of flaming faggotry
if not,
le stupid bait eater