"But work gives life meaning," global capitalism cooed in your ear

>"But work gives life meaning," global capitalism cooed in your ear.

>"Will you sleep with me, global capitalism?" I asked. "I'm so lonely."

It's true though op, most people wouldn't know what do with themselves without a job and endless amounts of time, they'd fall into depression and boredom.

cultural

Kek.
Dear God that's pure.

I D E O L O G Y

IDEOLOGY
LOL
XDDDDDDDDDDDD

It'S JuSt
a SPOOK LMAO
HAHAHA
WEW LAD inteLELctual humour

SNIFF SNIFF
STALIN!

silly 4channers rotting in their parents' basement. I volunteer and play sports when I'm not working, and it keeps me mentally, physically, and spiritually healthy. Then I come home and 'work' on novels or 'work' on reading a book.

lmao nice spook kiddo haha

PURE IDEOLOGY

Marxist here:

this shit is comedy fucking gold, I love watching these capitalist imbeciles try to defend their DISGUSTING way of life

spookek'd by brethren from another street wench. you inspire me with your perspired ways. what is that odor coming off you? oh, that must be the EGO AND ITS OWN. wew f a m you must speak excellent memes in person.

Why should I subject myself to a life of misery under communism

yikes

>'work' on reading a book

because (kek) then you'll never (kek) have to (kekkin' kek) work! that's what communism is! no one works, everyone gets the reward!!!

It wouldn't be. The world under marxism would be glorius. No more hate, racism, poverty, or conflict. We would all be happy.

You're honestly an idiot if you can't comprehend that.

it will never work

people are too dumb

Resorting to cliched namecalling has no effect on the contemporary NEET. We are economic auto-didacts, selftaught philosophers and gifted visionaries. While others waste their life labouring under the orders of those who see only material cost in life, we pursue leisure above all else, knowing as we do that leisure and time to oneself is the basis of genius. Despite many people disliking the culture and society they help maintain through their work, and despite understanding now that we have only a single life on earth and that any meaning we attribute to it as the result of self-willed or socially-inculcated ideologies, they continue to wake early and trudge to their jobs for one single reason: Guilt. Throughout time religions have taken advantage of Man's guilt, a guilt experienced for no logical reason except that he unlike other animals is a self-aware being whose abstract thoughts conflict with the apparently practical, rational reality he finds himself a part of. We post-guilt NEETs will not bow to internal or external pressures encouraging us to sacrifice our contentment and sensitive dispositions for the sake of attaining money, or womenfolk. We alone stand proudly, detached from but keenly observant of the slave masses who yell at us for not being as unhappy as they are. We alone, we band of true men, defend our right to live a dignified life against those wishing to deprive of us of it. Yes you can mock, you can criticize, you can echo the demands your masters make upon you. But who is likely to regret their lives more? The noble and dignified NEETs who spend their truly precious time reading, pondering, philosophizing and engaging in critical, urgent debate online? Or the miserable, resentful masses, their eyes bloated and sagged by excess folds of skin, their hair falling out and their gums bleeding from stress, their bowels destroyed by a sedentary lifestyle spent at their desks clicking endlessly while their boss breaths down their necks?

Hey, let me see you without your shirt on.

This

There's nothing wrong with work. There's everything wrong with being a submissive employee.

I would feel oppressed under Marxism, in fact, I'd likely be killed for dissenting at some point.
I swear, only college kids and street bums can be stupid enough to subscribe to something so warped and twisted.

>i work, im proud and i never submit to my boss. Im not even a wageslave, i ENJOY sitting in the office 12 hours a day!!! Id even do it on the weekends if i could

?

sure

There it is, i sure am glad you have no power, you'd shoot people like me with no remorse for getting in the way of the machine.

>Marxists assume everyone sits in a cubicle for 12 hours a day

I teach Chinese kids English for about three hours a day then do private tutoring. I casually learn Mandarin from some lectures. I genuinely enjoy my job, and my administrators don't even check in on me anymore. The worst part is that once every month I have to administer a test, so I spend maybe three hours grading fifteen tests.

>I enjoy my job

IDEOLOGY IDEOLOGY IDEOLOGY

I know this is memeing but working in an office all day or working anywhere all day just sitting there is god awful.

It allows for 0 self reflection, 0 dreams, 0 ideas, even if you have a good job you have to spend almost all day devoted to your work, the funny thing is the better job you have the more of your life you're selling away usually.

Wage slaving is truly terrible.

gyno, hips as wide as shoulders, zipper abs, no bed frame, disorganized, undecorated room, i can see the cum stains on your sheets from here

>bu--bu--but that's not really me!

Way to misunderstand what I'm saying.

This. I'm NEET and fucking proud.

I wake up at 12pm and go to bed at 3am; unlikes wageslaves I don't need to give a shit about when some fucking boss wants me to wake up. I can spend my day reading literature and philosophy, playing vidya, browsing on Veeky Forums, and watching films. I'm free in my life, while you workers waste it doing banal wageslave shit.

(You)
(You)

What will you do when your parents boot you

I live in a council estate wagey

(You)
(You)
(You)
All (You)

>not being on the dole for autism
>not living in a cozy council bedsit flat
>not waking at 9am and sitting in the armchair by the window watching the wagecucks shuffling towards the bus stop
>not sipping hot chocolate and listening to Bread, Todd Rundgren and Big Star while contemplating which book to read that day
>not spending the majority of your day listening to the rain falling outside while working on your masterpiece
>not blowing on the tomato soup until it's cold and then eating it and feeling a nice feeling in your tummy
>not taking a long bath with some candles lit nearby
>not taking a long walk in the evening through the dark an rainy streets feeling like a Dostoevsky character

If you aren't NEET in 2016 you really are a sorry excuse for a "human being"

Work does give life meaning. There are a lot of virtues in menial labour and physical training and all that. The problem isn't that capitalism has partnered with "work," it's that, as with everything else, it has COLONIZED "work" and turned it into a thing you for profit, so you can buy more capitalism hats and watch Gloryhole Racers on your iPad while shitting.

When work's means and products aren't alienated from the hands of the worker, it's not all that bad.

>tfw epigenetic protestant work ethic makes it impossible to enjoy neet life
>tfw still disgusted by modern, managerial labour class and all the strong women and weak men in it
>tfw can't get industry or construction work because all of that is taken by foreigners and I don't have the money or time to redo 3 years of high school to get a trade certificate
(CAN'T WAKE UP)

>When work's means and products aren't alienated from the hands of the worker, it's not all that bad.

Provide a concrete example of how this would work.

Personally I think it's great that somebody can choose to work hard and buy a pony or a castle in Inverness. Whether or not they buy into the ideology that this is all that matters in life is up to them. Why are commies so anti-fun?

commies will say "le cooperatives xD", but someone who's not an idiot will say that we need to firebomb every city and factory in the world and return to traditional agrarianism and crafts.

Also, kill about 90% of humans in the world.

>masterpiece

But in order to write a masterpiece you must have a clear and individual view of life and a theme derived from experiences. Judging by your post you have neither

What you call capitalism is the Human Rights

yes my goy, keep trying to remain an hedonist.

The protestant work ethic is probably the most damaging ideology to those who, like myself, are in possession of a genius bent. As soon as I completed my three years of university education I immediately succumbed to this ideology and began working from 8:30am in the morning to 5:30pm at night, earning far more than was required to sustain my existence. But then I began to wonder why exactly it was I had allowed myself to be pressured into sacrificing my life this way, why it was I had let my potential be squandered by the demands of a restrictive and mundane occupation that most people only valued because it allowed them to escape their own company. But I have always appreciated my own company, far more than the company of most people I have met. While others flocked to crowds and social gatherings I longed only to escape to the quiet privacy of my home. And so I did. As dozens of geniuses before me I declared my resignation and allowed the People, represented by the State, to encourage my life of virtue and intellectual ambition by offering me alms that would allow me to afford rent, pay for utilities, and buy a small supply of groceries each week. For anybody else reading this who suspect that they too are in possession of genius and intellectual distinction, and who realize these things can only be repressed and undermined by a culture and society which values only sexual conquest and the advertisement of the manufactured Self, I encourage you to lay down your tools and join me in holding up your hands to the baying crowd of disgruntled wagearners and saying: "No! No more! I refuse!"

I work 1 hour a day because unlike the average American wageslave who actually is a slave, I actually found a perfect balance of little work for just enough money to live on my own and not depend on anyone else.
I am also kinda blessed to sleep 3-4 hours only so I have a shitload of actual free time. I've never read or written more in my entire life than in the last 1 year on this job.
Not everyone who works is a slave, but everyone who uses money us, so we're all actually slaves so stop being such a fucktard.
This job is the best thing that happened to me so yeah.

I believe it is the hardest ghost to exorcise, coming from a long, until recently unbroken line of norwegian farmers it has affected the very makeup of my soul, I desire to wake up at 5 in the morning to eat dry oats and milk my cows every day, but the alienating office work, talking and shifting decimal points does not offer the release I desire.

Judging by your response I can tell you project your insecurities and personal failures onto others as a matter of routine. I bet you would be surprised indeed to learn that I have descended into my own psyche in a way few people are able to do. I have analysed my existence in a way few people could even begin to do, and in so doing have gained invaluable insights into what is often referred to as "La condition humaine". In mere moments of meeting you my penetrating gaze would have forced your own meek and powerless eyes to betray everything I needed to know about you. Within minutes of talking to you my keen grasp of psychology would have forced you to voluntarily admit details about your thoughts and personal history that you would otherwise have considered too embarrassing to tell a lose friend let alone a stranger. I have walked beside Dosotevsky through the dusky streets of Petersburg. I have strolled with Tolstoy around the fields of Yasnaya Polyana. Victor Hugo has allowed me entry into his Paris loft. Proust too offered me a warm welcome in his cork-lined apartment. The genius of our species is synthesized into every word I write. And when I have finally found a publisher worthy of introducing my debut six-part memoir to the world its population will stand back aghast at the truths I offer them.

Hey I just got a call telling me a fellow Norwegian was posting in this thread!

Do you live anywhere near Haugesund?

How old are you and what does your work entail?

You are aware that your little “paradise“ is carried by the workers you despise. If you want to live your life time sucking the resources of the others, fine by me, but answer me one question how does it feel to bite and chew on the hand that feeds you?

er universitetsstudent, med andre ord sosialt akseptabelt NAUT.

Er faktisk fra Finnoy, men bor i Trondheim.

THIS.
exertion, mental or physical is the only thing cure for any imaginable mental disease you wish to dream up. it's a fight, if you want to go all r9k and wonder why your life is fucking miserable while putting in nothing then you deserve every bit of it. reading books about how to manage this struggle is the most worthless thing to do, the struggle is there and will always be there you struggle to get to your highest point and then you get some form of pleasure then you fall back down and have to work you way up again, over and over again, that's fucking life. deal with it or just go kill yourself.

That's a myth and you know it. Maybe 100 years ago it was true, but there's a reason 200 people are applying for 1 job these days. There is a reason job applications have a list of 400 requirements for a prospective candidate. There's a reason you need to study at university to become a librarian. The number of jobs necessary to maintain a functioning society have diminished to the point where you'd be stupid really to fight for the few remaining on offer to people who have spent their lives studying and prostrating themselves before their potential employers in return for the pennies on offer. Most Western countries could afford to lay off at least 25% of its workers and nothing would change for the worse. My voluntary absenteeism is in fact a virtuous act, since now only 199 people will be competing for a job while I sit at home allowing 0.00001% of a company's profit to be used to fund my genius.It's a meme, and a bad one at that, to suggest I am in any way contributing to the further deterioration of an already decadent culture and a society in fast decline.

Nice Finnoy isn't too far away from where I'll be spending the next year!

imma work you boyfriends asshole

>deal with it

Literally a slave ideology. Stoicism in its most despicable form.

*vapes in your direction*

China is already a world power. It's pretty much colonized Africa already. But the fact is it has a corrupt political system, a disgusting backwards pseudo-Western culture, a brutal legal system and no aesthetic standards at all. It's one giant Kowloon Walled City. Observing China from space is like watching flies reproduce on a piece of dog feces. I'm sure it's fun walking around Guangzhou in your leather trenchcoat, black sports shades and pinstriped fedora while the hunchbacked peasants clack and hurry around your slow-moving gait, but in reality the only reason you enjoy it is because you enjoy a sense of superiority there that you know you will never experience anywhere else as a result of your autism and lack of social grace. Who cares if it's going to be a "major international player"? All that means is that a bunch of figures will change on official government documents. Regardless of muh GDP or muh exports you will still be living as the only semi self-aware human being in a sea of callous clones. But, hey. Who am I to judge right? I mean I'm sure you enjoy taking financially desperate girls who were lucky not to be aborted (forcefull or otherwise) back to your cube-like apartment where you can eat your gutter oil-based food and watch a Chinese imitation of Rush Hour 2 with a Uyghur playing Chris Rock's character. I'm sure it's great wheezing through the smog each morning to teach a bunch of kids who look like anime burn victims how to say "good afternoon!" and "my parents wanted a son!". I wouldn't be at all surprised if your face bears a wide and expressive smile as you stand at your window at night and watch the diesel-guzzling trucks spewing black smoke as they and other vehicles traverse a street lined with the bodies of deceased children. I mean why wouldn't you enjoy the prospect of dressing in your favorite imitation Armani tshirts sewed by some eight year old in Shenzhen and then stepping into an elevator knowing that today may very well be the day it plummets all fifty stories of your poorly engineered apartment building or traps you inside its doors, leaving you to starve as a nation of consumers squat near their bulky televisions and eat rice with chopsticks while watching a reality TV show in which your death inside the aforementioned elevator provides the entertainment. Well good luck buddy, to you and your Samsung wife and your pudgy, asthmatic son who you really didn't expect to look like that.

Pure 100% leisure time is so draining, work is a necessary buffer time.

Have you met anyone with a job? Half of them live depressed lives and are bored by every instance without their own idea of entertainment. Thats why you see so many furrys are engineers.

Work does not give you meaning.

>"But consumption gives life meaning," global capitalism cooed in your ear.

I've got a joke for you:
A couple is so poor that the wife says to the husband: enough is enough, I have to sell my body on the street so we can eat. Next morning, she leaves the house. The day passes. She comes back extremely tired. So tired her eyes close themselves and she struggles to talk.
"H-honey, I've made money, here".
The husband sees the cash, he counts 500 dollars and 25 cents. He says: "Who the fuck gave you 25 cents?" and the wife answers "all of them".

It's not a dig at your lifestyle or implying anything, your post reminded me of this old joke and made me laugh so I thought I'd share it with (you).

Yep. Haugesund is an alright town. Although I am beginning more and more to dislike larger settlements in general.
Is this an adapted russian joke? This sounds very russian.

That's a good joke.

If you've ever done a day's honest work in your life, you'd know that to be true.

I hate the larger settlements too. I live in Oslo right now but am taking a year out from August this year to live in my grandparent's cabin outside of Haugesund. Do you work in IT or something?

I have done accounting work and I have worked with assembling hydraulic modules (this was alright) but got laid off.

I'm studying now, I don't have a job.

El oh effing el at grandpa Norman here trying to justify his wasted life. Only people who crave validation from others think this way. You'd probably feel better about yourself if you spent all day digging a hole in the desert for no other reason other than someone asking you to. It's the crucial dilemma in the debate about whether a life can be meaningful and worthy of living without a guiding ideology or "meta-narrative" to dictate your thoughts and actions. While many of us embrace the objective meaningless of life and live in a way that is interesting and profound, others desperately seek for any way to anchor themselves whether it be in a job or an identity or some form of ideology. I can just imagine how much Stirner must have laughed his ass off as he stood in his apartment with his thumbs tucked in the belt loops of his trousers and watched the masses scuttling around on the streets below. He must have felt like a God compared to them. And he was.

Oh yeah you did say, my bad. What are you studying and how old are you? Studying in Norway is so comfy compared to the rest of the world.

27, studying to be an X-ray tech

>He doesn't absorb the power of cold showers

so what would you propose as an alternative?
the way i see it you want to live a satisfactory life without putting in any effort at all, imploding with ennui and projecting it via pseudo-intellectual pursuits that say nothing and lead nowhere. like i said, go kill yourself.

is this pasta?

T H I S
H
I
S

I could destroy most organisations if you gave a month to find the 15 heroes I would fire.

The scholars I read know that capitalism won't even exist in 100 years.

Contain your rage, normie. My alternative, as I have said, is first to identify and voluntarily disqualify geniuses (potential and actual) from the workforce (think Brave New World and the artists in Iceland). The second thing to do would be to leave the absolutely necessary jobs to those who really are so immersed in ideology that they are incapable of functioning without feeling that they have "provided" something to "society". The final thing to do would be to reprogram women (biologically, through involuntary medical procedures) to feel less attraction towards "dominant", "assertive" and "successful" men in order for society to function more harmoniously when fewer and fewer people choose to work. If this final stage does not take place we will obviously find ourselves with a harem culture wherein the few remaining wageslaves are able to attract as many women as they desire while the non-employed men are left with onanism and resentment. It may be the case that only some form of medically proscribed drug is needed (think methadone) from childhood onwards, but if this fails then an actual interruption of the innate biological state will be necessary to allow a fair distribution of romantic partners.

>When work's means and products aren't alienated from the hands of the worker, it's not all that bad.
Wrong.

So become self-employed.

(you) in advance

>they'd fall into depression and boredom
They fall into depression and boredom, regardless of whether they have a job or not. It's because both most people and most jobs are boring.

mm, i just have a job i like. Have fun pondering until you die off malnutrition because you could only afford rotten patatos

bby who hurt you?

>disgusted by modern, managerial labour class and all the strong women
Get off Veeky Forums loser.

>i have a job i like

this is the final stage of wagecuck indoctrination

Wrong.

I'm a musician in a band. I do gigs in bars and sometimes concerts.

bullshit, I do biological research and i love it

Wow, congrats man. Here have some validation!

>love it

It's absolutely hilarious to see people trying to defend themselves so desperately.

Some people enjoy their job. You couldn't so you stopped working. This is true.

Some people enjoy eating feces. What's your point?

it's possible to enjoy your job, contrary to what you believe assuming you're not a bored troll

>exertion, mental or physical is the only thing cure for any imaginable mental disease you wish to dream up
Wrong.

lol defending myself, just sharing what i think, get over it, some people did find comfort in this system, go back to your basement and cry your eyes out because you couldn't get that one girl

You were never gifted with enough talent to get an interesting job so you fall back on extreme world views on an internet forum. Kid.

>There's a reason you need to study at university to become a librarian.
That's been the case for a long time you idiot.

I know it's possible to "enjoy" your job. As I said a successful form of indoctrination is one which tricks its indoctrinee into thinking the form of proscribed thought is actually natural to them. Look kid, the fact is that unless you're spending AT LEAST four hours of your day sprawled on your back and experiencing a paralyzing form of apathy and depression then you just aren't worth much. If you don't spend at least one day a week lying in bed all day then your life is akin to that of a worker ant carrying leaves back and forth its home until a passing child squashes it in passing.

>no aesthetic standards at all
Wrong.

Wrong.

>that one girl

Another ideology that is most commonly found among the wageslave population. Finding "the one", i.e. a partner you can spend your entire life with, is something only wagecucks desire, as they demand that the frustration and misery they feel for at least eight hours each day be compensated with someone they can penetrate and entertain sexually in the few hours they are allowed away from their workplace.

No it'a not. She would have had to exhange the coins fot bills on the way home. Why should she have bothered to do that?