Just bought 10 eth of coss tokens on ED no realising that they are the old erc20 ones

>just bought 10 eth of coss tokens on ED no realising that they are the old erc20 ones
>tfw coss forked today and i just bought a tonne of peoples useless bags

i..i think im going to be sick

J U S T
U
S
T

Hey Bro, lets drink together, bought (gladly for only) 2.5 ETH 18k COSS. Partytime didnt last for long. Could not transform them to ec223, realized oh fugg, back at idex -> COSSOLD

nigga why the FUCK would you buy coss tokens anywhere other than coss? seriously...trading COSS tokens is the only use for that exchange.

i feel so motherfucking JUSTed right now, that was a large chunk of my portfolio

my only chance now is for these wanchain tokens to moon. ive only got 4400 but hopefully the gains from that will cover my losses

I want to bought some other tokens, saw the -70% and didnt thought at all, just bought quick.
And payed the price, but learned something. Keep calm and research when the price is suspicious.

I wish you the best luck ever!

ED is a shithole

This must be a larp. Post trx.

You should actually still be able to exchange them.

Buying on ED just seems stupid though, why wouldn’t you just buy them on Coss?

because they used to be an erc20 token

Is there truly no backwards compatibilty or exchange method for erc tokens?

Im not really worried, since my holdings are all on the exchange. Coss is exchanging them for me.

You can look through the transactions on ED if you want

on idex the same, some guys bought for 10 eth and more for about 1/4 of the COSS price

why did you buy it on ED to begin with?

This whole thing sounds like fudd so people can get a token ok a firesale then flip it automatically in a day for x4 the price

saw the huge price differential and tried to take advantage of it

something like that, I want to buy more LION, saw the COSS price, wtf???????, smashed the buy button -> flushed ETH down the toilet

All they need to do is introduce a smartcontract that exchanges the tokens for any user holding the old tokens.

If they do that, you will be looking at instantly doubling your investment.

Nah the telegram confirmed it, they switched over to erc223 or whatever the fuck it is

I ended up spending 13 eth all up. Fucking just fucking kill me holy shit

Apparently they warned everyone to take their tokens off ED and idex in preparation for the hard fork

Unlikely that it will happen.
The OLDCOSS on coss.io get burned instantly. All COSS in mew, idex, ed etc. gets the erc223 token at the same amount. and idex and ed pull the COSSOLD with a delay off the exchange.
Sending the COSSOLD tokens to coss.io makes them vanish -> different token.

Mind posting the confirmation? i just checked and can’t find it. People who are on MEW seem to be just fine.

DEXs do have this innate problem though. You cant ever regulate what is being traded, even if it is deprecated. There would have been no way for the Coss team to stop people from trading it apart from telling them.

>There would have been no way for the Coss team to stop people from trading it apart from telling them.
Yes, but on what for an exchange? Who would buy them? For obvious reasons the OLDCOSS tokens wont run away, so we will see.

make a fake cryptopia account and sell them in the marketplace for cheap...... I DID NOT GIVE THIS ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>still using etherdelta in 2018

i dumped 1 million coss coins on etherdelta today.... thank you for your donation OP, i will spend it wisely on hookers and cocaine

I would have done the same, and the same again.

As long as they did a 1:1 token burn exchange between CossOLD and CossNEW it seems likely that they can still issue out a smartcontract to convert the remaining stragglers.

If there was never a 1:1 token burn then you are conpletely fucked. They would never allow the old tokens to be exchanged for the new, outside of participating centralized exchanges like hitBTC, since you would be allowed to double spend.

I will ask coss.io tomorrow. But I think the second is the case. MEW has two COSS listed. Will make a topic here when they reply.

Exact same situation here.

I was on idex to buy some tomocoin when I saw coss recently introduced and 6 times cheaper than coss.io.

Almost fomo 10 eth but it was looking too good to be true.. Expected something like a bug wallet or so.. So I did a try with the minimum order allowed by idex : 0 05eth. Fast created a coss io account while praying for it to be able to transfer and sell them so I would buy the entre order book on idex before someone else and be rich.

Saw a message about a fork on coss.. Transfer from idex to coss didnt worked.. Knew i was bogged so I tried to sell on idex at my buy price "due to ethereum network congestion order must exceed 0.05 eth" => couldnt sell. 2 jours later it was delisted.

2 hours *

damn son, that sucks that didn't work.

Sounds like no token burn then. Just a soft swap done at the exchange level and a delisting.

The advantage of not having a token burn is that CossIO gets to keep the equivalent CossNEW for any unexchanged CossOLD.

Btw, congrats on being savy to try it out yourself before going all in.

Have you seen the idiots in the telegram? Those fools will FOMO up to $20

Good, im on the telegram but dont read any of it. If it flops then im finished

That was you? Thanks!

you bought 8k of a coin without doing some basic research first?

Do you think any of those Link bagholder shills did any basic research?

unironically, yes.