Why are people so illiterate when it comes to science and how do we stop this?

Why are people so illiterate when it comes to science and how do we stop this?

There's a fundamental flaw in humans.

The only cure for this flaw is a total destruction.

Welfare requiring irreversible sterilisation would do the trick in five to ten generations.

yeah this is pretty sad, not surprising but sad

And antibiotics

>Be cold, incurable virus.
>Host takes antibiotic: "Ha, that'll get rid of you!"
>Leaves host, because its too stupid to be useful.
> Host thinks antibiotic get rid of cold.
Is this what is happening?

>we

OP, the majority of people here are scientifically illiterate.

Ah, you're one of those edge lords, who thinks they're the most intelligent person on Veeky Forums. Well Mister Polymath, fuck off.

I was in that thread and was the only one who actually called out that sperglord, by offering him two tests to prove himself.

In addition to that, most people here are tards.

Are you the Indian guy?

I'm the guy who was singing in Hindi, yes.

Alright, I'm swapping sides.

Army of two... let's burn this mother to the ground!

>Army of two
We need more.

Viruses are biological, therefore something that kills biological things should help.
We can call this killing substance an "anti-biotic"

Do you even understand virology?

This is trolling

No way a Veeky Forums poster is actually this clueless about how antibiotics work and what viruses are

kek

Think of how stupid the average person is and then realize half of the population is dumber than that.

The best education in the world cant fix stupid.

It worked well on you.

Because people scream bloody murder if you want to give children a decent education.

I don't understand what you mean.

ah yes, all those useful things that everyone should know...

In the modern world, they really should.

you don't. its literally your job as a scientist/engineer to keep these people safe from their own stupidity. always has been.

only in a normal distribution. gb2stats101

lmao are you fucking kidding me

that's supposed to be a high school curriculum, you're telling me that people who will end up as construction workers, fast food workers, data entry techs, salesmen and telemarketers need to know data structure? That they would benefit from knowing literally anything about computer vision? That they'll find differential geometry useful?

l m a o

I know it's tough, but you're just going to want to ignore threads like this one. Anything beginning with a circle jerk of "look how smart we are" is going to devolve into people postiing shit like that genuinely.

Can I get a link to this thread or an archive of it? I'd love to read it but I'm not sure what to search to find it.

Because in America scientific facts are always debatable and these shits think they know better than scientists.

There you go:

Freud might have been on to something.

>yfw you study data structures and still become a fast food worker

>that's supposed to be a high school curriculum, you're telling me that people who will end up as construction workers, fast food workers, data entry techs, salesmen and telemarketers need to know man landed on the moon? That they would benefit from knowing literally anything about CPR? That they'll find defensive driving useful?

>Cherrypick dumb quotes
>HURR DURR MURRIKANS
Christ I feel like I'm on Veeky Forums

Fucking shit. How does she explain female atmospheric scientests working on fluid mechanics?
Idiotic twat.

This

The thing is that the American state "should" value knowledge above all things. It's a mentality.

"It's a cultural matter. People get the politicians they deserve"; did you hear this before?

Just look at what americans think of their country. They literally believe America=The world. Kek

Not even a fucking argument, aight

Is IQ not normally distributed?

The answer is decent popsci that is accurate and not full of shit.